Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 164 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel that most people, maybe not on here so I may be generalizing, have been complaining that there’s too much Potter if anything else is added. Are people just that against Fantastic Beasts? I mean small pool here but people seem very interested in this land where FB didn’t have much hype before

Reactions: Suchomimus
I think the FB movies have done a pretty good job so far with world building and will get better.
Excluding continuity and consistency but hey, like you said they will get better. It's just that here, things have to get worse before they can get better.

The character i think is most likely when talking about the british ministry is Umbridge

I was thinking a good way to do basically Newts case in modern times would be rescuing the beasts from Umbridge. It would fit really well that she captured the beasts in the ministry and we need to save them. Plus chance to curse Umbridge!

I feel that most people, maybe not on here so I may be generalizing, have been complaining that there’s too much Potter if anything else is added. Are people just that against Fantastic Beasts? I mean small pool here but people seem very interested in this land where FB didn’t have much hype before

FB is a DUD and that’s excluding the baggage, and despite minority opinions here, the last film did a horrible job at world building. Compare anything from FB to the Ministry from Movie 5; it will pale in comparison.

This. She’s getting stupid amounts of money from Universal either way. She should allow a business to do what’s best for them
She already has stupid amounts of money, so I doubt that would influence her. And she is very very picky (At the Express it took 3 years to change a sign from EXIT-> to <-LIFTS/EXIT->)

This isn’t a demand of “We want to make a bad land”. It’s “We want to devote 1/4 of our new billions of dollars theme park to a property people like.” I doubt universal would give her a “demand” anyway. But if I’m them I’m doing everything to not have to devote a huge theme park land to a dud of a movie series.
I wouldn't call $600+ million a dud. It was disappointing critically, but it's hard to say a series is a dud when only 40% of the series is out. For all we know, film 3 will be a huge smash.

She already has stupid amounts of money, so I doubt that would influence her. And she is very very picky (At the Express it took 3 years to change a sign from EXIT-> to <-LIFTS/EXIT->)

I wouldn't call $600+ million a dud. It was disappointing critically, but it's hard to say a series is a dud when only 40% of the series is out. For all we know, film 3 will be a huge smash.
And once again, though the second film is hated in the potterhead community the popularity of the characters (ESPECIALLY Newt, which i can’t stress enough, though queenie has a decent following) cannot be underrated.

$600 mil for a film that cost $180 mil or more in production costs is a disappointment. No way around it. It needed to do $800 mil, minimum.

I love the Harry Potter movies and books. I didn't like the first FB movie and then having to watch the second one after not caring for the first one was rough. That said, I am very excited about the upcoming Dumbledore and Grindlewald fight. I was always intrigued by Dumbledore's history as written in the books. Although I didn't care for the movies, I want the Wizarding Land at Epic Universe to stay FB related. There is enough Harry Potter at Universal! I would be okay with MOM at Universal Studios, but I would really dislike another London at Epic Universe. Jumping to MOM on a ride would be ok.
People forget that there was a 100 million drop in gross from Sorcerer's Stone to Chamber of Secrets and then another 100 million drop to Prisoner of Azkaban. There is also less than a 100 million difference between Prisoner of Azkaban and the second FB movie. Harry Potter movies have shown that just because there is a drop in the second film doesn't mean the later films can't outperform.

I love the Harry Potter movies and books. I didn't like the first FB movie and then having to watch the second one after not caring for the first one was rough. That said, I am very excited about the upcoming Dumbledore and Grindlewald fight. I was always intrigued by Dumbledore's history as written in the books. Although I didn't care for the movies, I want the Wizarding Land at Epic Universe to stay FB related. There is enough Harry Potter at Universal! I would be okay with MOM at Universal Studios, but I would really dislike another London at Epic Universe. Jumping to MOM on a ride would be ok.
People forget that there was a 100 million drop in gross from Sorcerer's Stone to Chamber of Secrets and then another 100 million drop to Prisoner of Azkaban. There is also less than a 100 million difference between Prisoner of Azkaban and the second FB movie. Harry Potter movies have shown that just because there is a drop in the second film doesn't mean the later films can't outperform.
Yeah, but the budgets were substantially less, which changes the math. Apart from Half-Blood Prince, no Potter films’ budget exceeded $150 million (no clue why Half-Blood was $250m. Maybe the cliff side was a practical build).

The Beasts films have budgets of $180m and $200m each, and have made less money. Crimes had the lowest opening of any Wizarding World film. Compared to everything around it, it bombed hard.

I wonder if Universal’s planned on a transportation system from USF’s London to the Ministry (France or London I guess). A sort of “Knight Bus”, perhaps, in line with Disney’s fully-immersive transport (bus that takes you to DHS) planned for the Star Wars Hotel. I’m sure it’d be an absolute logistical nightmare, but Universal made history with the Hogwarts Express, and it to this day is one of the only Universal attractions that I hear mentioned in passing by friends (and family):

“We loved Universal more than we thought! The Harry Potter is amazing, and we did the train that takes you around! It’s really like your’re flying on that ride. And that Mummy ride is great too, we weren’t expecting that.”

I imagine Universal was building a FB land based on the idea that there would be 5 movies.

It’s unclear right now if that’s the case. The third movie’s production is paused (like everything else) and it was already being delayed in the good times because of script problems.

The third movie will probably happen, but honestly, who knows?

I imagine Universal was building a FB land based on the idea that there would be 5 movies.

It’s unclear right now if that’s the case. The third movie’s production is paused (like everything else) and it was already being delayed in the good times because of script problems.

The third movie will probably happen, but honestly, who knows?
A British lady with a problematic history of appropriation is writing a film set in South America, what could go wrong?

$600 mil for a film that cost $180 mil or more in production costs is a disappointment. No way around it. It needed to do $800 mil, minimum.
Using rule of thumb that would mean the film made about $300 million plus in profit. Disappointment, sure? Based on average of sequels, about normal. (Sequels generally do anywhere between 80-70% of business as a rule). As someone pointed out, they are still going ahead with the 3rd film. And remember, that doesn't even include the money made on home video, which accounts for more per-dollar-profit than theaters.

I just did a How to train your dragron movie marathon because of this park and now I'm wondering if the will do a HTYD Happy Snoggletog during the Holiday season in the land... Hmmm... I hope so.

Reactions: tielo
Status
Not open for further replies.