Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Future of Holy Land

I knew Holy Land is not doing well, but the announcement they're discontinuing their shows as off April 19th is kind of surprising. I've never been, but aside from shows I don't think there was much to do there:

In a major overhaul, Orlando's Holy Land Experience will end all theatrical productions | Blogs

I guess if anyone wants to experience Holy Land they need to get there ASAP...

great article. It seems like this place has had Financial issues since it’s been open. I’m sure someone will come in and rescue it again.

I missed this but it looks like the park probably won't reopen.
Whatever will become of the Noah’s Ark claw machine and cardboard standee Jesuses?

Heck, I thought that place closed years ago :yikes:. Did anyone actually know anyone that really admitted to going there? :lol:
I went there once to cover their "free day/tax break" for News13. I am not very spiritual and Evangelicals, in general, seem pretty out there to me. So I went in expecting the worst (I visited Jim & Tammy Faye Baker's Heritage USA once just for chits & giggles). Holy Land is actually tastefully done, and very limited on the proselytizing. I was impressed.

Heck, I thought that place closed years ago :yikes:. Did anyone actually know anyone that really admitted to going there? :lol:
I went there on Free Tax day. I thought it was the tackiest thing I've ever witnesseed. They had a food stand called "The Last Snack". The shows were high caliber though. And the Scriptitoriam walk through attraction was pretty cool. It had an animatronic and fiber-optic lighting effects.

I've gone--twice in fact. And I'm an atheist. But I was fascinated to know what it was like. I wasn't disappointed with a this sign at the holiday season. Personally, even if you are religious, it somehow seems a bit tacky to praise the Lord just for a 50% off sale on tchotchkes.

Attachments

• P1000972.JPG
    P1000972.JPG
    494.7 KB · Views: 35
My mom went to see if it would be A good field trip location. She's a history teacher that covers that time period. The idea was one day at Holy Land to check the educational box, then 2 days at other parks.

They elected not to go.....

I've gone--twice in fact. And I'm an atheist. But I was fascinated to know what it was like. I wasn't disappointed with a this sign at the holiday season. Personally, even if you are religious, it somehow seems a bit tacky to praise the Lord just for a 50% off sale on tchotchkes.

This is why we like $8000 WDI signage.