Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah ok. I read somewhere that city walk was doing 50%, so I figured the parks would do the same come the 5th. Either way I bet by HHN the limit & restrictions will be better. I’d put money on it
I think the most they'd be willing to stretch it this year is 75% capacity, but I really dont expect it to surpass 50% even by september.

One person spending $300 to attend HHN for 8 nights is less profitable than 6 people spending $60 to attend across 6 nights (not accounting for marketing costs). Now, in a year when capacity is not an issue, multi-use passes earn their keep on those 2 nights when Universal can’t sell single night tickets. This year, though, when it’s entirely possible every night could sell out without passes because of capacity restrictions, those passes become financial liabilities.

The only money Universal cares about is the money spent on their property. They’re going to look at capacity, likely attendance, reservations at their hotels, etc, and figure out if passes are worth it this year.

This is why I wouldn’t be surprised to see some multi night passes (like FFP) eliminated or, if not eliminated, then extremely reconfigured this year.

This is why I wouldn’t be surprised to see some multi night passes (like FFP) eliminated or, if not eliminated, then extremely reconfigured this year.
I agree, especially with severe and strict capacity limits, FFP could prove to be an issue. The only way I could really see it working reasonably is if they have a reservation system for it, where youre able to go multiple nights but you have to reserve those night in advance so they can keep track of nightly capacity without having to turn FFP holders away at the gate.

I would think it would be more of a reconfiguration of it. For instance, we get FFP+express every year and are done with our night by 1030. Not everyone hangs out all night long or does multiple house runs in the same night. There is some ebb and flow of guests.

Hi there! I don’t mean to derail the conversation but in regards to the tooth fairy when that house was intended, was she intended to be humanoid or just some sort of animalistic creature? I’m curious to know what she was going to look like.

I just hope the visions of some houses I was looking forward to pre-corona aren't completely butchered due to safety requirements. Of course I want both guests and actors to be as safe as possible, but I'd much rather wait a few more years for a Beetlejuice house than get one that's neutered from plexiglass, facemasks, lack of jump/close scares, or something similar.

I just hope the visions of some houses I was looking forward to pre-corona aren't completely butchered due to safety requirements. Of course I want both guests and actors to be as safe as possible, but I'd much rather wait a few more years for a Beetlejuice house than get one that's neutered from plexiglass, facemasks, lack of jump/close scares, or something similar.

I made a similar statement earlier and I agree with you. This might not be popular with many, especially the locals, but I’d really like for the plan to be to present these same houses two years in a row. This year would be modified and next year (hopefully) could be filled with scare actors and close scares as originally intended. But I don’t think that will happen and we will just have to trust the team to make the best houses they possibly can for this year and hope that it’s not far off from what they would have done without a pandemic. It’s hard when you know that they’ve usually only got one shot with these house ideas.

I've been seeing a lot of mixed opinions with the rumored plan on how Universal is going to handle the crowds at HHN. I believe that they have multiple crowd control plans for HHN and it all depends on how the COVID-19 situation is by then. I think that the rumored plan going around is one of the first that was probably developed during the peak time of the virus. I mean Legacy said that he heard about it a month ago and the article came out June 1st, so probably around April was when they developed the plan. But I do believe that virtual line, limited capacity, and social distancing is still going to be enforced.

So since there’s not much discussion I’m really hoping that pumpkin king is a sequel to twisted and it does introduce Nathaniel Crowe and that possibly Crowe could be the icon for 31 since there seems to be a icon after anniversary years!

Not to jump on the will this year happen or not train, but the reality is until anything is officially announced by Universal, nothing is official. The reality is we will always have bloggers spreading rumors about the event that range anywhere from not remotely true, to somewhat true, but there is no reason to panic over rumors, when the parks have continued to confirm they are building houses. I want HHN news as much as the next guy, but let’s just all be patient until Universal announces something. I have been going since 2004, and one thing I have learned is the content is consistently amazing. They could not announce anything and I would still go, because I have faith in the brilliance of their creative team.

Status
Not open for further replies.