The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 359 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Dungeon of Terror = mashup anniversary house along the lines of M&M excluding icons. Icons = mash up anniversary house.

Damn, if Eathquake = Terra, I might risk catching COVID to attend.
Not saying it's wrong, because I don't have the full details, but where do people keep getting "Dungeon of Terror" as being the overall "theme" to a hypothetical anniversary house?

And with TCM seemingly going in ST1, that still leaves 24B completely unknown. Could be an original (hopefully), could be Creepshow.
Why is it seemingly going into a tent?

Scarezone update: This year they are dramatically cutting back on scareactors as you can probably imagine. From a logistical standpoint, we need to start thinking in terms of what would provide decent scares from a distance. I can see "large" sets in Hollywood and New York and scares in the style of last year's Zombieland where a zombie bursts out of the port-o-potty and then goes back in. Think of mini "shows" where an event happens to get your attention but then is gone a few seconds later as to avoid building a crowd. Think of projection mapping, sets, fog and heavy surround sound providing most of the atmosphere in the zones with very little scareactor presence.

Not saying it's wrong, because I don't have the full details, but where do people keep getting "Dungeon of Terror" as being the overall "theme" to a hypothetical anniversary house?

DoT as a theme of its own doesn’t really make much sense. But as the first ever HHN-house, it being the host to a compilation even as just a facade piece would make sense.

Reactions: Ringwraith
I've been doing a little bit of research and I'll have to admit, I was very skeptical of a Billie Eilish house and I had a feeling of, "wtf does a 17 year old know about music and life?" And really, I rolled my eyes when I found out this house was rumored. While I still somewhat feel that way in regard to life experience and knowing what true "love" and "loss" feel like, from the mind of a teenager, I do suppose that personal circumstances in life, can expose people to these notions at different points in a respective life. After watching this interview and seeing her creative process(there are 3 videos prior to this, in the same article), I have a lot more respect for what she can offer from a haunt perspective. I highly recommend going down this rabbit hole, because it may open your mind and provide some excitement as to what we could possibly see. Her and her brother both have kinesthesia, which can make for a truly visceral and mind blowing experience, if we're going to be walking through her brain. There are so many visuals in the interview, from her journal, songs etc. that are haunting, so I think we're in for a real treat.

@Ringwraith how much do you think the lack of scare actors will affect the houses?
I keep hearing throughout the haunt industry that this is the "year of special effects" when it comes to haunts. I'm actually very excited for the lack of scareactors because I'm one to take in the visuals and so therefore I will be less distracted by someone screaming in my face. I'm sad that there are good people that won't have jobs this year, because of it, but on the other hand, I think it will make the houses better as a whole.

Last edited:
I've been doing a little bit of research and I'll have to admit, I was very skeptical of a Billie Eilish house and I had a feeling of, "wtf does a 17 year old know about music and life?" And really, I rolled my eyes when I found out this house was rumored. While I still somewhat feel that way in regard to life experience and knowing what true "love" and "loss" feel like, from the mind of a teenager, I do suppose that personal circumstances in life, can expose people to these notions at different points in a respective life. After watching this interview and seeing her creative process(there are 3 videos prior to this, in the same article), I have a lot more respect for what she can offer from a haunt perspective. I highly recommend going down this rabbit hole, because it may open your mind and provide some excitement as to what we could possibly see. Her and her brother both have kinesthesia, which can make for a truly visceral and mind blowing experience, if we're going to be walking through her mind. There are so many visuals in the interview, from her journal, songs etc. that are haunting, so I think we're in for a real treat.

billie eilish house Confirmed scariest house in hhn history. im calling it now. im redicting shes gonna have the most scariest house we have ever seen.
for real, only because no one is expecting it and also because they will wanna prove everyone that doubted her wrong, as well as because her house will be thinking outside the box.
her house wont be a typical house so it will be very scary.
maybe like a DMT trip but demonic

billie eilish house Confirmed scariest house in hhn history. im calling it now. im redicting shes gonna have the most scariest house we have ever seen.
for real, only because no one is expecting it and also because they will wanna prove everyone that doubted her wrong, as well as because her house will be thinking outside the box.
I'm excited for a potential Billie house more than anyone, but this is just overcorrecting at this point. Just wait until the house is actually announced, built, cast, and at least a single guest has gone through before setting any true expectations for it, good or bad.

Visually speaking, it has a ton of potential. One thing I'm very much against, is her voice. I'm not a fan of the "whisper singing" generation that we've bred as a whole, so I may have to walk in with ear plugs. Although, with her, it may lend to the creepy feel of the atmosphere.

I'm excited for a potential Billie house more than anyone, but this is just overcorrecting at this point. Just wait until the house is actually announced, built, cast, and at least a single guest has gone through before setting any true expectations for it, good or bad.

Very true. There are so many variables of what makes a great house. You can have a dream IP get botched (The Shining), a thrown together house that A&D didn’t care about get elevated by its cast (Blumhouse Vol. 1), and the perfect combination of design and casting (Scarecrow).

Reactions: Doctor Morgus
Can anyone recommend me a Billie song or video that is scary so I can see how it will be the scariest house?

Easy scare zone solution this year: Dear Uncle Stevie King, just make peace with Uni/HHN/haunts already and allow a Christine zone or a Maximum Overdrive zone (because we all know how much you love Maximum Overdrive). No actors needed. Boom.
Or we could get that movie about the tire that kills people as a zone and not have to worry about king

Status
Not open for further replies.