Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

CityWalk Hollywood

I suspect crowds won't really pick up until the more unique first-party restaurants (Antojitos, Vivo) reopen. Even then, grand majority of the foot traffic comes from the theme park, so...

Even before the shut down they didn't seem to be in much of a hurry with this.
I think their big focus right now is NBCSports Grill & Brew. When that opens, things will pick up for Toothsome.

I suspect crowds won't really pick up until the more unique first-party restaurants (Antojitos, Vivo) reopen. Even then, grand majority of the foot traffic comes from the theme park, so...
Universal Cinema re-opening will also draw people in. I can't speak for everyone, but I know I'm desperate to go back to the movies.

Universal Cinema re-opening will also draw people in. I can't speak for everyone, but I know I'm desperate to go back to the movies.

Honestly--I'm half wondering when Universal Cinema will re-open. As for all accounts, I could see them try and to make it from now until when Mulan releases; a homeplace for showing off classic Universal films. Work in the safety measures needed alongside their own that Universal has implemented; alongside reopening some more of the Dine-In locations; and I could see Universal getting a small bit of money.

Hot Topic and Zen Zone are now open, as Universal Studio's Store is seemingly gearing up to become the first of the 1st party vendor's that's at Universal Citywalk to open; with Grad Bash and Pride merchandise.

(Source: @Rideguy70)

If anyone see's some cool masks in the Universal Store or other cool Merch, please post it.

Might go there after work and grab some

From the IU team!

Yes they do! They have Love is Universal, and generic Universal Studio's Face masks available for either $8.00 by itself, of $20.00 for three.

Thank you for that.

Nothing I need to rush in to get then. Hopefully they will have Potter themed masks soon

Hopefully they will have Potter themed masks soon

^This. I so need a Slytherin mask. :grin:

We went to today, mainly to try to see their pride gear. Sadly, not all of it is in yet. They have the lanyard and magnets (same as last year) and two shirts. No Apple watch bands yet. But they did say they hope to get more it... it was literally their first day open.

FWIW, we did see one person walking around in the back kitchen of Antojitos, and all their lights were on. But didn't see too much other activity.

On a side note, we did get a peek inside the work inside the original It's Sugar location:

So mini Report.

I had some time off and used it today. Almost no traffic to get there and had to be the quickest and easiest trip EVER. No line to get a parking ticket because they are free.
Got a spot on the bottom floor because people seem to be staying for less than 2 hours. Studio Store had like 6 people in it and someone was in line before me and was happy they stopped me from coming up until they cleaned the counter down. (bought the basic white Universal Mask and got some new Blue Universal bag they had for 3 bucks) .
The Restrooms had a sign on them but nothing on the ground inside them about wear to stand and nothing blocked off.
Never seen the Globe have NO people around it so cool (at least during the day)

Walked into Voodoo and got Donuts quicker than I ever thought I would from that place and left. Also the Temperature was quick and easy.

Buca opened when Citywalk reopened. But I think it was the only business open on that end, aside from VooDoo, so it was easy to miss.
At least when I went on Tuesday at 1 PM, both doors were locked. Maybe they were open but I didn't see anyone inside either. Also the Comic Store is now open on that side, which I went in and was empty besides one worker.

It's awkward to quote my own tweets, but they do have pics, so:

Walls are down at NBC Sports Grill. Looks nice!

Also, walls are down at Toothsome, and you can see inside the windows.

In smaller news, more Pride gear is also in the Studio Store, no movement on The Habit, Buca is seating outside on the upper level, seating has been added in front of the movie theater, Pinks is open and at least on Friday, both Starbucks and Blaze were closed--more pics at my twitter if you're interested. Word on the street is the Starbucks may be closed for good... not sure about Blaze, though. It was still relatively uncrowded at Citywalk on the whole, which makes it a very pleasure experience for guests, but I hope these venues are making some money.

Keep in mind that since restuarants have very limited seating and staff, waits can be very long. We requested a table for two at Antojitos around 7:00, and was told it'd be an hour wait. We were seated just before 8, and we were one of the last parties seated for the night.