Halloween Horror Nights 2020 Old Speculation Thread | Page 62 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2020 Old Speculation Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course the end of July. The dictator up north has not given his blessing for theme parks to open. So who said it would open earlier. In fact, he went backwards and ordered family fun centers to close now.

However the point of my post above was for everyone here who has already cancelled HHN in their minds. No proof. Just fear mongering.

Watch it with the politics...

Of course the end of July. The dictator up north has not given his blessing for theme parks to open. So who said it would open earlier. In fact, he went backwards and ordered family fun centers to close now.

However the point of my post above was for everyone here who has already cancelled HHN in their minds. No proof. Just fear mongering.
I think most are saying it's not looking good...which makes sense I doubt the parks will even open this month so they will have at max 6ish weeks to get everyone good with how this all works and data (even things like how filled citywalk will get once the parks open back up and theaters...etc) these aren't just a switch can be pulled and everything is good.

Theme parks do have pressure on them if any of them (at least in CA) screw up it could make it where no one gets to reopen anytime soon. So if you think its going to open great but with how every month is different just don't be too surprised if HHN does not happen, Which would suckkkkk believe me if they offer a pass to go to every night of this event..I'm buying one and going a few times.

Reactions: chris.g

I'd say theres a difference between fearmongering and assessing likely outcomes. Fearmongering requires there to be something gained by causing fear and paranoia in the masses, saying "HHN Hollywood is probably gonna get cancelled this year" doesn't have any personal gain attached, it's just stating what they've heard to be the most likely outcome of the situation.

I am a little confused at how that conclusion was drawn from Murdy's tweet, but I know this situation must be changing day to day. Any insight on what the current word is would be appreciated.

IT's important to remember the context behind these tweets. Murdy does love posting little tweets with photos from his maze, but usually they have a blurb or a pun or some kind of caption. Now we have a tweet that just shows someone drinking with no accompanying caption or text. And this was announced the same day that new restrictions were placed on LA County.

Can it all be some kind of big coincidence? Sure, I suppose. But it's out of character and the context is telling.

Last edited:
Well, if our event does get canned, this is the year to go to Orlando. Those of you who were always curious to go but were always bound to Hollywood, just pull the trigger and do it this year! Just fly out for one weekend, go one night with express bare minimum and you'll have a great time!

Well, if our event does get canned, this is the year to go to Orlando. Those of you who were always curious to go but were always bound to Hollywood, just pull the trigger and do it this year! Just fly out for one weekend, go one night with express bare minimum and you'll have a great time!
If you can get in with lowered capacity.

Reactions: tacalert
Whoops, you're right. Then yeah, EVEN WORSE. That Purge tram was freakin' awful, I'd say as bad as 2017's tram, which is NEARLY as bad as Scream4YourLife.

Operations for 2019 were definitely a drag, but with Us, Creepshow, Killer Klownz, Holidayz and UCM2 (plus I know I'm the ONLY one who liked Stranger Things 2), 2019 was solid enough. I wish Ghostbusters and Pandora's Box really brought it, then that year would've made it among the greats, even with a lackluster HOTC, that many great mazes back-to-back would've been divine. Getting the FFP for this year was the right move, especially since I don't think I ever did every single maze in a single night out of any of the times I went until after Halloween.

As for 2017... yeesh. Saw, AvED, Blumhouse Vol 1 were allllllll TERRIIIIBLEEEEE. Insidious was good but it was the worst of the trilogy of mazes. Only Titans, Roanoke and Shining made that year at all bearable. That's a year I would've been PISSED if I got a FFP.
I loved stranger things both years. Just sayin.

Like what?

To bring up HHNRumors, they primarily brought up this to go into the subject of them (they also had posted a cryptic post like this for the other end of the coast, but not of potential trouble). Additionally--people on Twitter are raising concern's over that of how late in the game things are getting when it comes down to stuff like the facades and the maze progress in certain area's.

It's worth noting that even though it appears that things are moving forward, it's been a week since the last upload, and the alleged cancellation was only a couple days ago, so we have no phrame of reference for how much work got done in the time between the last video and the alleged cancellation, or if it has progressed since that day at all.

For those that absolutely lingered on to hope the possibility of ONLY October Nights with Mondays and Tuesdays off was on the table prior to the second wave of closures in LA. Obviously things have looked as if they've changed and it doesnt look like internal decorating will be worth the costs. This is a HUGE blowback... there's also another big Haunt event which is VERY LIKELY getting cancelled and you best believe the cancellations will come like peas in a pod.

Status
Not open for further replies.