Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Studios Beijing (Now Open)

Spider-Man style JW ride? I'm all in. Those ride vehicles? Ooof. I get the idea behind the blue, but they look more like sports cars than dinosaur tour vehicles. Paint 'em olive drab or something.

Doesn't this park have a Transformers clone? If I'm wrong on that let me know but I find it hard to believe they'd put two rides with the same ride system next to each other in the same park.

Yes it does. And yes they are. Rumor is that JW is a LOT more "practicle", less "SCREENZ!"
See im hyped to see a more practical Spiderman. I always thought having a Transformer AA at the end or beginning (or in dreams, both!) would really set that apart. Maybe we're finally getting that here. Cant imagine there isn't a Dino AA in here or two at least. Gotta have some in the land

Honestly, the Spidey ride system doesnt even need screens. It has a ton of movement and mobility. Maybe cut down the sides of the vehcile a bit to see out but not too much to see you are a certain hieght off the ground and Voila !

The Spidey system is a lot like the EMV (INDY-tech). The trade off is that the vehicle base itself is a lot less dynamic in favor of the ability to spin 360 and face riders directly towards the action (and directly towards screens in order to allow for parallax effects to work). Both variants have their place and purpose.

Guess this proves Transformers/Hulk isn't going to be floorless - still a good coaster and what looks like some great theming:

and the KFP ride boats: