Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My prediction: September is going to be the lowest attendance per park that UOR or WDW has seen in decades.
I would have never thought 5 days would ever happen, but considering they’re suddenly regional parks, it’s entirely possible (six flags already moved to 5 a couple weeks ago).
I don’t think the Orlando parks could go 5 days a week. There’s still people flying into Orlando for vacations...or at least Disney/Universal are dreaming there are.

I just don’t know which days of the week you could shut down while keeping trips for out-of-towners viable. You definitely can’t shut down on the weekends. You can’t shut down Monday, Tuesday, Thursday or Friday because you prevent people from taking 3-4 day long weekend trips.

I guess you could close on Wednesdays?

I don’t think the Orlando parks could go 5 days a week. There’s still people flying into Orlando for vacations...or at least Disney/Universal are dreaming there are.

I just don’t know which days of the week you could shut down while keeping trips for out-of-towners viable. You definitely can’t shut down on the weekends. You can’t shut down Monday, Tuesday, Thursday or Friday because you prevent people from taking 3-4 day long weekend trips.

I just think the hours will keep getting shorter. 10-5 is something I see for both IOA and USF later on this year.

Hot take, but I’d think Universal would do the exact opposite. 5-10. Or 3-10. Open up the parks after the workday has ended since locals have day jobs.
I can guarantee you they won't. The parks are dead by the end of the day now as is, why would they stay open until 10 pm? Also, while the majority of visitors may be local, there's still *some* out of staters coming to the parks. It's more busy in the morning/afternoon than the end of the day.

I can guarantee you they won't. The parks are dead by the end of the day now as is, why would they stay open until 10 pm? Also, while the majority of visitors may be local, there's still *some* out of staters coming to the parks. It's more busy in the morning/afternoon than the end of the day.
We may be foolish out of staters, but we still come down, We were there in June and will be back in Sept.

They have multiple parks. It’s like Six flags is doing where they close hurricane harbor weds and Thursday and six flags Monday and Tuesday.

I could see them doing a schedule like this at UOR:
USF closed Monday and Tuesday
IOA closed Wednesday and Thursday
Or mix a single day closure and VB for two days. Say USF Monday, VB Tuesday and Wednesday (for back to back closure which is easier for staffing), IOA Thursday.

Same with Disney:
Epcot closed Monday and Tuesday
DHS closed Tuesday and Wednesday
DAK closed Wednesday and Thursday
Or if they wanted 3 parks open at all times, maybe close Epcot Monday and Thursday, DHS Tuesday, DAK Weds.

If Monday-Thursday are essentially no crowds and are just the few out of towners (or unemployed APs who aren’t going to be spending much anyway), and if closing a park for a full day makes little to no difference to crowd levels at the other park(s), then why not?
I have no doubt that they’re running the numbers and considering it as a possibility.

Last edited:
I wish they would have an evening day. I love seeing everything lit up at night, it's cooler not being directly in the sun, and you can lounge at the pool all morning.

I don't see that happening either though

Regarding not being open everyday of the week, Uni is in a way more difficult position than Disney. While Disney is down to 1 park per day tickets, and has enough parks to where 2-3 parks would still be available everyday (with all four likely on weekends), Universal both sells and relies on Park-to-Park tickets and the Hogwarts express. An incredibly high percentage of non-AP tickets are Park-to-Park, and massive levels of refunds would be required to only have one park open.

Regarding not being open everyday of the week, Uni is in a way more difficult position than Disney. While Disney is down to 1 park per day tickets, and has enough parks to where 2-3 parks would still be available everyday (with all four likely on weekends), Universal both sells and relies on Park-to-Park tickets and the Hogwarts express. An incredibly high percentage of non-AP tickets are Park-to-Park, and massive levels of refunds would be required to only have one park open.
Very true. I’m calling either a Monday - Tuesday or Tuesday - Wednesday close for all parks.

Yes. I recall University execs. publicly quoting an 80% figure for park to park tickets a few years ago. Whether that same percentage holds up or not, it's still probably close to that figure.

Yes, and on the Magic Mountain thread, there's evidence that they want to proceed with a modified Fright Fest. That would only leave Universal and Disney with nothing. I'm really surprised they haven't tried anything yet, especially since USH was cut off right when they were about to do their Bravo Food event. While I figure they can't really schedule any live presentations, they could still do the food tasting portion. Also wondered why they haven't had some sort of Hogesmeade food event... I'm sure there's a lot of people dying for Butterbeer.

New Universal ticket allows you to visit unlimited times through 12/24 for $164. Choose a 1 day ticket for Florida residents to see it

Wow... I started typing a post earlier wondering about how steeply discounted tickets for FL residents might work, but I thought you would all poo-poo laugh at me so I deleted it.

New Universal ticket allows you to visit unlimited times through 12/24 for $164. Choose a 1 day ticket for Florida residents to see it
Does it include parking? Sorry I’m out and don’t have time to look. But I’d expect parking isn’t included, which is how Universal plans to profit off of this.

Does it include parking? Sorry I’m out and don’t have time to look. But I’d expect parking isn’t included, which is how Universal plans to profit off of this.
No parking, plus the extra dollar or two from no AP discounts on food or merch

Dam....what a deal especially now when crowds are pretty low.

Yes, and on the Magic Mountain thread, there's evidence that they want to proceed with a modified Fright Fest. That would only leave Universal and Disney with nothing. I'm really surprised they haven't tried anything yet, especially since USH was cut off right when they were about to do their Bravo Food event. While I figure they can't really schedule any live presentations, they could still do the food tasting portion. Also wondered why they haven't had some sort of Hogesmeade food event... I'm sure there's a lot of people dying for Butterbeer.
I'd love to talk to management and see why they aren't doing this. They lost soooo much money for not being open but over in Florida are still making more money open than not...you'd think they'd be dying to get people in anyway they can. Even Market it as try some foods in the day and finish in citywalk with a nice dinner.

Dam....what a deal especially now when crowds are pretty low.

I'd love to talk to management and see why they aren't doing this. They lost soooo much money for not being open but over in Florida are still making more money open than not...you'd think they'd be dying to get people in anyway they can. Even Market it as try some foods in the day and finish in citywalk with a nice dinner.
It’s not as easy as flicking a switch, especially with DL and their union. With Universal, you’d have to recall staff from furlough and place distancing markers all over the park before you can even think of opening.

That all would take a few weeks minimum and tbh, they may not see the hassle as worth it. You may be itching to go, but it’s possible they’ve put feelers out and the interest level isn’t where they want it to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.