Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 581 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Disney made a boat ride out of Avatar where you do practically nothing.

...and it is *terrible*

I mean, it could be a good kid-friendly ride, sorta IASW-esque. No danger, just a relaxing ride. No height requirement. Then you have Yoshi, which has no height requirement. Then you have Mario Kart, which is kid friendly. Then you have all of the play areas and meet and greets, which would make for one hell of a kids area with plenty of stuff for all ages. And if they really wanted to they could have DK replace ET (although most would hate that). It's not the greatest idea in the world, but it's not really a bad one either.

Anything that gets rid of DK in a plan and pushes it to a nebulous phase 2 is bad, IMO

If I'm reading the SNW Kidzone permits correctly, there's still a little bit of land near ET that they could use without taking up SNW land. Put an Animal Crossing gift shop and meet and greet there, it gives kids something to do while KZ goes under construction and other Nintendo IP's will (hypothetically) be next door. It's perfect.
There's a "Plaza" out front...which in my plan would be a transition from AC to SNW. Also, I believe DK fits just fine in the current plans

Also, the ET entrance would be relocated

This would mean a bit of reconfiguring for the Back of house areas up near Kidzone Pizza

I find it hard to believe that Universal would push SNW to KZ due to contract/budget reasons and open DK alongside the main land. Especially when it's never been built before. Mario Kart/Yoshi would be a lot easier.
Who says it wouldn’t have been built before? Site prep was underway in Osaka. I’d imagine it will open there in the next 2 years

Reactions: Frogki
DK isn't under construction in Japan yet, and I doubt they build it soon with the current financial situation.
K. We’ll see.

also, the ride track is sitting out at a test site waiting for installation. I just don’t see it not being used at some point soon

Edit: And I think if Universal was the only party involved you might be right re: DK being pushed off. But I don’t think Nintendo is gonna be cool with that. We’ll see.

Last edited:
I Think they may put something Nintendo in Kidzone they may want some kind of return if they have to start paying for IP . The problem is it will be shoehorned in or a retheme on the cheap.

DK isn't under construction in Japan yet, and I doubt they build it soon with the current financial situation.
Wow, didn't know that. That sucks means we will be years away from seeing that....unless the Japanese parks have rules where more people can go into the parks...I don't see why they would invest more money for at least two years

Except Orlando was always scheduled to get it with everything else, so Orlando already was different. :tease:
Yes but this is with it being at Epic Universe.

IF, what some smart people are saying is true and it’s fast tracked back to USF, I certainly wouldn’t be surprised for their to be changes and for it to not be open. No budget for construction and DK has never been built, unlike MK and the rides within it. Maybe Orlando gets this with Japan as a cross promotional thing if that’s how they plan to attack marketing Nintendo but I can’t imagine the budget for 2 new E tickets is available right now or anytime soon unless this is at EU.

I mean, no, it was also going to be built in the original KidZone plans
You don't get my point, things have changed, times have changed, and they just lost a billion dollars in just one quarter. DK might not be feasible right now. Maybe it was before, but it may not be now.

You don't get my point, things have changed, times have changed, and they just lost a billion dollars in just one quarter. DK might not be feasible right now. Maybe it was before, but it may not be now.
I've been the one saying EU was toast since March. You don't have to tell me that. But there are other forces at work here other than what Universal wants, and that is something to be considered. Not saying DK would absolutely happen...but I think dismissing it out of hand is a stretch if only because it was *always* on the books for Orlando

Reactions: Nico
I've been the one saying EU was toast since March. You don't have to tell me that. But there are other forces at work here other than what Universal wants, and that is something to be considered.
Of course, that would mean moving SNW back to USF to have it open sooner, that doesn't guarantee DK is my entire point. Budgets I'm sure have changed. Plus, it can be marketed as an expansion 2-3 years later assuming crowds bounce back. I don't see DK opening right away if this is to come back to USF by 2023, I just don't see them opening that many things at once with low crowds there's no use to, especially when tourism isn't expected to be big again until 2024 at the earliest. Why drop all of your SNW attractions at once during this current climate?

Reactions: Tristan
0% chance anything Nintendo is anything less than a completely new build
I would have agreed with that 6 months ago ,now that they stopped capital outlay for Epic Universe I disagree with that 0% guess , They are trying to get guests to return to park and something new in name will help with that IE: A day in the park with Mario.