Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

CityWalk Hollywood

Went today and it was the busiest I've seen Citywalk, no clue why. Nothing new really happening but there was a line to get into the Universal store and Bubba Gump's.
Grabbed the Retro Universal T Shirt and a bag that is themed to all the current attractions...funny on the bag it has "EPIC adventures on it" which is im sure them trying to make the word Epic associated with Universal.

I've noticed that it seems considerably busier on Saturdays of late. I believe we went the last Saturday, and it was quite crowded then as well.

If people didn't know, the Subway has closed down. It's been closed for a while, but now the sign is down. I over heard a team member (in the new Production Center store) say it will become a Firehouse Subs by the end of the year. We even asked her directly about it, and she outright confirmed it.

Also, the new Production Store is essentially the same as the one by Animal Actors Stage. Sells mostly the same stuff as the Studio Store, but has the merch for Bates Motel, Jaws, Fast and Furious, and the Universal Monsters stuff from last year.

Oh, and Blaze is reopen. Vivo is open with a limited menu (mostly pizzas), but you can eat on their patio.

If people didn't know, the Subway has closed down. It's been closed for a while, but now the sign is down. I over heard a team member (in the new Production Center store) say it will become a Firehouse Subs by the end of the year. We even asked her directly about it, and she outright confirmed it.

Also, the new Production Store is essentially the same as the one by Animal Actors Stage. Sells mostly the same stuff as the Studio Store, but has the merch for Bates Motel, Jaws, Fast and Furious, and the Universal Monsters stuff from last year.

Oh, and Blaze is reopen. Vivo is open with a limited menu (mostly pizzas), but you can eat on their patio.

Firehouse subs will be good, but I'm more looking forward to The Habit Grill, which is set to replace Smashburger. I stopped by CityWalk yesterday and literally froze in my tracks when I saw the construction walls.

Firehouse subs will be good, but I'm more looking forward to The Habit Grill, which is set to replace Smashburger. I stopped by CityWalk yesterday and literally froze in my tracks when I saw the construction walls.
I just have to ask why...I'm kinda confused why people are excited for easy to come by food at Citywalk

Like why pay money to park for Habit? Habits are pretty come around these parts....so just have to ask why its exciting

I just have to ask why...I'm kinda confused why people are excited for easy to come by food at Citywalk

Like why pay money to park for Habit? Habits are pretty come around these parts....so just have to ask why its exciting
The Habit on CityWalk will actually be the closest one to where I live. Pre-covid, I was at Universal very frequently, sometimes three or four times a week, either for the park or the movie theater. I'm not going to go to CityWalk just for that, but if I'm already there, it will be very nice to have that option available to me.

The Habit on CityWalk will actually be the closest one to where I live. Pre-covid, I was at Universal very frequently, sometimes three or four times a week, either for the park or the movie theater. I'm not going to go to CityWalk just for that, but if I'm already there, it will be very nice to have that option available to me.
Yeah, I just had to ask I live in the valley so we have a few near me and even in TO where I grew up has two.

I’m sorry I couldn’t get a pic of this but I was just at city walk and it looked like they might’ve been taking the ludo bird sign down does anyone know anything about that?

I’m sorry I couldn’t get a pic of this but I was just at city walk and it looked like they might’ve been taking the ludo bird sign down does anyone know anything about that?

Perhaps someone could fill me in--but didn't someone say that the consumer responses for Ludobird was not great?

I still remember the days when it was a hot dog place with some really good grilled corn on the cob.

All I remember is that it was being heavily surveyed by USH team members for a couple of days about a year ago. Even I got asked a few questions about my satisfaction about the place (I had ordered there, of course). I figured its days were possibly numbered, but as far as I could tell, nothing changed for a year.

Probably not a good sign it didn't open back up when Citywalk did, though... it's already outdoor dining, so they certainly could've. But I also never really ever saw it get that busy, so I wouldn't really be shocked if it just simply went out of business.

If they were smart, they'd get a Raising Caines there. Still aren't any in the LA area proper (Downey doesn't count for me, lol).

Perhaps someone could fill me in--but didn't someone say that the consumer responses for Ludobird was not great?

I still remember the days when it was a hot dog place with some really good grilled corn on the cob.
I know this customer's response was not great. I found the chicken mediocre at best and their signature Honey Lavender Biscuit was like biting into a bar of soap. I will not be sad to see it go.

I think I have eaten at Ludobird twice. Both times were meh at best. I would LOVE for a better friend chicken place to be put in. Maybe a hot chicken chain if possible.

Whelp.... I never ate at ludobird but hearing what you guys are saying I guess I didn’t miss much, certainly wasn’t my mother’s fried chicken

I don't get the hype about Cane's. The chicken is rather bland on its own, which requires you to have to use a sauce. It should taste good on its own without sauce. Yes, it's tender and juicy, but lacks flavor.

Can you imagine the lines it would get if it came to CityWalk? Every time I pass by one the line spills out in to the streets. Also, I think the LudoBird location would be way too small for Cane's.

I don't get the hype about Cane's. The chicken is rather bland on its own, which requires you to have to use a sauce. It should taste good on its own without sauce. Yes, it's tender and juicy, but lacks flavor.

Can you imagine the lines it would get if it came to CityWalk? Every time I pass by one the line spills out in to the streets. Also, I think the LudoBird location would be way too small for Cane's.

Honestly, I kind of wishfully hope for something like Jody Maroni's to return to that location, as it fit the space nicely.

A Chick-Fil-a would always be busy if one opened there...but not being opened on Sundays would suck

I swear, I wake up every Sunday wanting it because i can't have it...lol