The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 94 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hear me out, I've been thinking of an idea for a replacement to Poseidons Fury, and my idea could theoretically work. What if Poseidons Fury gets replaced with a boatride/darkride that utilizes the existing showbuilding for Poseidons Fury, except that showbuilding would get expanded to fit the new darkride/boatride, and the facade would probably stay the same.

Reactions: Cheezbat
Hear me out, I've been thinking of an idea for a replacement to Poseidons Fury, and my idea could theoretically work. What if Poseidons Fury gets replaced with a boatride/darkride that utilizes the existing showbuilding for Poseidons Fury, except that showbuilding would get expanded to fit the new darkride/boatride, and the facade would probably stay the same.
I've said for awhile that if they took over all of the space next door, expanding to take over Sindbad and some surrounding area, it could be possible to create a dark ride, and maybe even a boat ride, using the existing facade... Maybe. As it is now that structure isn't very big on its own.

Apparently the land's music loop has been completely replaced with generic pop songs and some selections from various Dreamworks films.

I am not pleased. That loop was arguably my favorite in the whole park. Had tons of atmosphere.

Apparently the land's music loop has been completely replaced with generic pop songs and some selections from various Dreamworks films.

I am not pleased. That loop was arguably my favorite in the whole park. Had tons of atmosphere.
I remember they played pop tunes when Hagrid opened in the queue outside of Sindbad theater....it was...odd

They do the same thing for the Central Park pathway between Hollywood and KidsZone, playing pop songs from Trolls 2 and other animated films while the characters are out along that area. You can still hear the old Central Park music if you go to the Rest zone behind the delorean.

Same thing is happening in KidsZone. While Barney and friends are out they only play a Barney music loop. They used to play the Timberlake song from Trolls on loop in KidsZone while they met with guests too. When they leave the regular KidsZone loop comes back.

And in Hollywood when the floats come out for character Greetings the area music switches for Spongebob, Pets,despicable Me, etc.

It’s only what they’ve been doing for years when characters are out. Ya know. Like always

Reactions: universal_fanatic
I’ll just take this opportunity to say that I Hope KFP replaces Lost Continent one day. Don’t want LC to go but, if it must, replace it with an indoor land (needed at IOA), prolly will need a boat ride if TL goes, and adds family attractions. Dunno if it’d fit in the LC plot but, it doesn’t seem far fetched either.

This way you can likely keep Mythos as well, keep that $$$

I’ll just take this opportunity to say that I Hope KFP replaces Lost Continent one day. Don’t want LC to go but, if it must, replace it with an indoor land (needed at IOA), prolly will need a boat ride if TL goes, and adds family attractions. Dunno if it’d fit in the LC plot but, it doesn’t seem far fetched either.

This way you can likely keep Mythos as well, keep that $$$
Like I’ve said before, I’d hate to see Islands lose the unifying literary theme, but I think the thing to do would be to expand the land to cover ancient Chinese literature as well, like Journey to the West, and then you’d have an in to do KFP.

Like I’ve said before, I’d hate to see Islands lose the unifying literary theme, but I think the thing to do would be to expand the land to cover ancient Chinese literature as well, like Journey to the West, and then you’d have an in to do KFP.
The “literary” theme of Islands is nothing but a fan creation, just FYI

The “literary” theme of Islands is nothing but a fan creation, just FYI
Why did I make all of those Ride the Books posters?

I think people forget that most media exists in Novel/Comic Book for before or after it appears in TV and Movies

Properties in IOA just happen to have book components

But even Simpsons has comics, video games, etc...As does Shrek

Why did I make all of those Ride the Books posters?

I think people forget that most media exists in Novel/Comic Book for before or after it appears in TV and Movies

Properties in IOA just happen to have book components

But even Simpsons has comics, video games, etc...As does Shrek
I just kind of appreciate how everything in Islands, whether original or not, originated as a book first.

Some lands speak for themselves: Potter, Lost Continent, Seuss, Toon Lagoon, Marvel all derive themselves from a form of literature (novels, legends, picture books, newspaper comics, comic books, respectively).

Others get a little dicey: Jurassic Park was a book first, and King Kong’s first appearance was in the book adaptation of his first movie, hence why he’s in the public domain despite being a relatively recent character.

Reactions: GadgetGuru