Halloween at Universal Orlando 2020 | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween at Universal Orlando 2020

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So, if Eilish is indeed out for next year, I wonder if we'll basically get the same house but without any references to Eilish? Like maybe they just take the existing concept and rebrand it as an original seeing as how they already have much of it built. From the rumors that had leaked out, it was seemingly very creepy. If they just remove the Eilish music and references, they can probably create their own original story to match the existing product.

Also, the last spec map that came out a few days ago made clear that the TCM house was going to be based on the original movie. But it seemed like through our rumors, it was pretty determined that it was going to be based on the 3D film. Looking back through this thread, I didn't see any mention of it (maybe I missed it), but any clarity would be much appreciated :)

please refrain from 2021 speculation at this time.

There was a part in brides that looked awfully familiar to a graveyard games scene. I don’t know if anyone caught that today, but truly seemed straight from that house. And gosh toothfairy!!! Too good. A scary classic HHN maze right there. GREAT ENERGY.

Going to be interesting to see how the line works tomorrow for TF. Currently the line to scan your VL goes through the indoor queue and lobby for Fallon, through the stand-by queue entrance and around the Fallon gift shop

Reactions: Journey_On
My thoughts on the houses in spoiler, ended up seeing them twice due to reasons.

Tooth Fairy > Brides by a large margin, the Monsters house from last year grew on me eventually but Brides feels pretty immediately lacking in a way last years didn't to me. COVID restrictions has neutered this house pretty hard. The house has a pretty cool facade where the castle crumbles on a screen behind a stone wall and then you walk into the remains of the castle with Bride screaming on the roof for Frankie. After that though, it's not all that impressive. A lot of the scares are just not there. I didn't jump once, it feels like most were meant to be close quarters, pin you to the wall-type scares which obviously wont fly right now. Most of the "Show" scenes weren't their best either. It had a lot of Freddy V Jason and AVP-type scenes where the Brides should be fighting, but they can't have two actors in the same box so it's just Bride of Frank stabbing someone out of view with a stake. Definitely willing to give this one another chance if it comes back Post-COVID, but as of now, it ain't much. It looks pretty though.

Tooth Fairy though, I get why they wanted to bring this one back. It's like a mixture of Scary Tales and Hive, it's got such a cool vibe to it. The facade is crazy looking, like a giant moving Pop-Up book. The intro hallway with the banners is probably my favorite one for that SS so far, I love the voice over and general font/look of the banners. The scares were on point as well, it wasn't insanely scary or anything but it did make me jump a good number of times. And even when it wasn't scaring me, it was just really fun to look at. I could go on and on about it, point is: tooth fairy good house :thumbsup:

This is what Universal wanted.

Question is, “Will people come BACK?”

I mean to wait in the heat for hours for two houses (if you get in) and assuming today‘s waits will be a fraction of tomorrow. It’s seems dicey, but they must think people will.

Reactions: JoeCamel
My thoughts on the houses in spoiler, ended up seeing them twice due to reasons.

Tooth Fairy > Brides by a large margin, the Monsters house from last year grew on me eventually but Brides feels pretty immediately lacking in a way last years didn't to me. COVID restrictions has neutered this house pretty hard. The house has a pretty cool facade where the castle crumbles on a screen behind a stone wall and then you walk into the remains of the castle with Bride screaming on the roof for Frankie. After that though, it's not all that impressive. A lot of the scares are just not there. I didn't jump once, it feels like most were meant to be close quarters, pin you to the wall-type scares which obviously wont fly right now. Most of the "Show" scenes weren't their best either. It had a lot of Freddy V Jason and AVP-type scenes where the Brides should be fighting, but they can't have two actors in the same box so it's just Bride of Frank stabbing someone out of view with a stake. Definitely willing to give this one another chance if it comes back Post-COVID, but as of now, it ain't much. It looks pretty though.

Tooth Fairy though, I get why they wanted to bring this one back. It's like a mixture of Scary Tales and Hive, it's got such a cool vibe to it. The facade is crazy looking, like a giant moving Pop-Up book. The intro hallway with the banners is probably my favorite one for that SS so far, I love the voice over and general font/look of the banners. The scares were on point as well, it wasn't insanely scary or anything but it did make me jump a good number of times. And even when it wasn't scaring me, it was just really fun to look at. I could go on and on about it, point is: tooth fairy good house :thumbsup:
Please remember with regards to scares today. This was, literally, the first time the performers were in these houses with anyone other than themselves.