Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

I know it’s bad to just have baseless speculation, but if you were to guess when this would open when do you think it would be? This is just a what if situation based on the current ongoings of the world.

I know it’s bad to just have baseless speculation, but if you were to guess when this would open when do you think it would be? This is just a what if situation based on the current ongoings of the world.
I’d guess by the time the rescheduled summer Olympics happen. Maybe next spring to early summer. But that’s just a guess.

They said they’ll announce details this fall when they make a decision though. So, hopefully we’ll learn something soon.

I'm really not sure this would happen, I mean, regardless of how good certain countries contains the virus, the pandemic is still at large worldwide and there hasn't been a safe and effective vaccine being available to the masses. I would still guess maybe summer 2021 would my prediction.

I'm really not sure this would happen, I mean, regardless of how good certain countries contains the virus, the pandemic is still at large worldwide and there hasn't been a safe and effective vaccine being available to the masses. I would still guess maybe summer 2021 would my prediction.
I mean, even though the country is closed to outside visitors, Tokyo Disneyland is opening their new Fantasyland attractions including Beauty and the Beast later this month. Just like Orlando opened Bourne and Hollywood may open Pets when it opens, they may still open new attractions to at very least get locals in the door.

As Alicia says--TDR is opening Fantasyland's expansion and the Baymax family ride. It wouldn't be far fetched if they do a small campaign for local and Japan-exlcusive for a Jan/February opening if they are looking to it..and then doing a larger blowout with the Tokyo Summer Olympics.

Test the waters with locals--make everything right.

Also, if this is a company wide email this is internal targets. They will likely say “Delayed until 2021” with no further information on a date and decide on that later.

Its weird hearing Beauty is opening soon but not this. I get maybe not today but by Chritmas you'd think they'd want crowds to be able to see it.....we wont have a vaccine in everyones hand until mild next year, so don't know the difference between it opening in the fall vs early next year when both time frames wont have a vaccine

Also, if this is a company wide email this is internal targets. They will likely say “Delayed until 2021” with no further information on a date and decide on that later.

Coincidentally..no, that's not what I have understood.

They specifically cited, "Early 2021" and not saying "Delayed until 2021", from what I've gathered.