Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween at Universal Orlando 2020

All of this talk about Brides and Tooth Fairy POSSIBLY not coming back next year caused me to book a trip for two weeks from today. I just don’t want to take the chance of never seeing them, so I’m going. Still hope they do return in the regular state for HHN next year, but it’s better to be safe than sorry.

All of this talk about Brides and Tooth Fairy POSSIBLY not coming back next year caused me to book a trip for two weeks from today. I just don’t want to take the chance of never seeing them, so I’m going. Still hope they do return in the regular state for HHN next year, but it’s better to be safe than sorry.
I hope they do return, they are significantly neutered from their original intent I'm sure

While it would be cool to see the houses return I just don’t see that happening. Same with adding more house and if they do I definitely don’t see them coming back. With two or more houses as repeats Universal will have to lower ticket prices for their big anniversary year or risk facing upset guest. Not to mention that those guest who normal get a FFP might just get a single nights ticket for one maybe two nights as 2 or more of the house have already been seen to them.

While it would be cool to see the houses return I just don’t see that happening. Same with adding more house and if they do I definitely don’t see them coming back. With two or more houses as repeats Universal will have to lower ticket prices for their big anniversary year or risk facing upset guest. Not to mention that those guest who normal get a FFP might just get a single nights ticket for one maybe two nights as 2 or more of the house have already been seen to them.
Most HHN fans didn't get to see these houses, so they would be upsetting more people if they didn't have them technically.

I was gonna ask, is it not less expensive to just try to refurbish the two houses open right now to at least get them back to something akin to first run?

I figure that would be more money-friendly than a full change.
Houses can get in a really bad state towards the end of the room. Brides, especially, would likely need a lot of work.
A lingering rumor is upping to 12 houses next year to account for the returning houses.

There are a lot of rumors that shake both ways.

FFP is already cheap so for locals who've seen the houses, there you go. Normally the park is absolutely packed - this year the houses have only seen a tiny fraction of what they normally do. These could absolutely return next year and almost everyone would be seeing them for the first time.

In reference to a post on the previous page that I forgot to quote -

Yes, the Halloween offerings absolutely scratched the HHN itch. With HHN not happening, this absolutely filled that spot and we thoroughly enjoyed both of the houses, the tribute store, the food, everything.

Now did it make me even more sad that HHN was canceled? Also yes. lol

Marketing the houses as 'returning better than ever; unrestrained and unleashed' sounds fine enough for Uni to not worry about anyone being 'mad' they're getting them twice. I really don't see that many people being upset when the event returns in full simply because it will have been returned. People who normally purchase FFP will likely remain that way, I can't imagine that group being turned off by two returning houses enough to change their entire seasonal plans.

If the houses return and can be presented as originally envisioned, cool. If the houses don't return and we get something in their place, cool. If the houses return and we get extra houses as an icing, even cooler. The fact that HHN will be returning should be the main reward. I really don't think two older trees sitting in a brand new, fully opened forest can make that much of a deterrence, IMO.

The best part of the rumors of a possible third house is that we will know very soon if it's gonna happen.
If something isn't said by Monday then it's pretty much debunked I would say.
But we will see...

We're already sixteen days to Halloween. There's not a chance they fill, rehearse and run a house for two weeks.
Don't gotta tell me that, I already said that it would definitely should be out of the picture.
Yet, some think otherwise. Ive got mixed feelings if they decide to open a third, i'm not screaming for more anyway. If anything, im against the opening of anymore houses, it's unnecessary.

After the rumor that Brides and Tooth are possibly getting the axe this year, I don't want anything else to fall victim to a similar fate.

Definitely enjoyed the houses, but it does make me sad on what could have been. Tooth Fairy especially.

In reference to a post on the previous page that I forgot to quote -

Yes, the Halloween offerings absolutely scratched the HHN itch. With HHN not happening, this absolutely filled that spot and we thoroughly enjoyed both of the houses, the tribute store, the food, everything.

Now did it make me even more sad that HHN was canceled? Also yes. lol

I hear you. The atmosphere and vibe is such a big part of the event.

Standing in line at 11 with a cool breeze as opposed to the blistering daytime heat. Chilling in a scare zone or Monster cafe. The MUSIC. The fog ... ugh.

It was definitely painful to think about what we are missing.

But as my grandmother used to always say don’t spend your life wishing it away. We were fortunate to get anything and next year may still be a limited event compared to years past.

Oh look, I only have two punches left on my "@Brian G. finally lets me maim a poster" card.
tumblr_pvn64t9sgS1s9a9yjo1_500.gif