Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 849 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be nice if we got some updated signage on the discovery center. All this work beautifying the area, but the faded signage so far remains. Let’s hope they’re leaving it for last.

It would be nice if we got some updated signage on the discovery center. All this work beautifying the area, but the faded signage so far remains. Let’s hope they’re leaving it for last.

And it could use a fresh coat of paint. We still have a long way to go, I’m stilling thinking they’ll manage to spruce it up a bit since so many will be seeing it up close when this opens.

I’m hoping for this too, it’d kinda make sense if this were the last part to work on as well anyways and we have plenty of time, I suspect at least a paint job and new lighting around it for the evening will be it

If they were/are planning on replanting the iconic tall palm trees in front of DC, wouldn't they have already been replanted - before these shorter palms went in? Or would it make sense to plant the tallest trees last? Or does it matter either way?

Jurassic-Park-Discovery-Center-1170x731.jpg

If they were/are planning on replanting the iconic tall palm trees in front of DC, wouldn't they have already been replanted - before these shorter palms went in? Or would it make sense to plant the tallest trees last? Or does it matter either way?

Jurassic-Park-Discovery-Center-1170x731.jpg
I don't think it matters much. If the hole is ready they can grab them with a crane off the truck and set them in place

Reactions: wizwit
I've always wondered why more theme parks don't use creeping fig to help with sight lines. It grows fast and completely hides the surface underneath
Me too, they've done something like that before with CityWalk

I don't know how much it would cost or how much you would need

Perhaps they are worried about it feeling "trashy" or overgrown

The real answer, of course, would be more rockwork, but we know how strapped Universal was for cash when Potter was built

Reactions: Trumen882
Gorgeous....

...I wish they would allow some vines to grow up the side of the Hogwarts showbuilding
Gorgeous....

...I wish they would allow some vines to grow up the side of the Hogwarts showbuilding

I agree with you on that.

I've photoshoped a mountain range a la Kong. It looks pretty cool, although it wouldn't fit in with the rest of the potter show building. The best alternative would undoubtedly be rockwork.

I always wondered why Universal wouldn't put some money aside overs the years in order to finish the rockwork on that building. I understand they where low on cash during the construction but it's been over 10 years now (it's obviously more complicated than that, i was just wondering).

7DD50A03-7196-47B6-B216-4C307DA1A3FB.jpeg

I agree with you on that.

I've photoshoped a mountain range a la Kong. It looks pretty cool, although it wouldn't fit in with the rest of the potter show building. The best alternative would undoubtedly be rockwork.

I always wondered why Universal wouldn't put some money aside overs the years in order to finish the rockwork on that building. I understand they where low on cash during the construction but it's been over 10 years now (it's obviously more complicated than that, i was just wondering).

View attachment 13507
See now that is great

I wonder about other angles though, the HE building can be seen from a lot of places around JP

This new kiosk is in the same spot, just about, as where the leather stand was before they took that down. Plans called for a merch stand to go here, but no idea if it will be the returning leather jewelry or something in-house, like raptor merch.

Hair ties were also to the right of the old leather kiosk, but that found a new home down by Thunder Falls and is not moving back.

All of the games that were coming back already did btw, as more were added and combined to use shared space for more games with less booths.

Status
Not open for further replies.