Disney+ | Page 64 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney+

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
No, but there is a Wandavision thread. I don't think one will be created till a trailer drops or we have episodes to discuss.

Presumably they're gonna drop a bunch of info on their December 10th Investor Day? Confirmed castings and release dates for some D+ shows and movies.

EDIT: Unrelated, but to give a sense of what next year's Marvel output could be (not in chronological order):

Black Widow
Shang-Chi
Eternals
Spider-Man 3
WandaVision
Falcon and Winter Soldier
What If...
Loki
Ms. Marvel or Hawkeye
We think we will get all of that next year? My guess is 3 movies and maybe....maybe three shows but we were suppose to have two shows by now and both got pushed to next year so I just don't see use getting more then 3 shows.
What If, which is kinda different could also come out but I'd be shocked if next year we get over 6 MCU movies/shows

We think we will get all of that next year? My guess is 3 movies and maybe....maybe three shows but we were suppose to have two shows by now and both got pushed to next year so I just don't see use getting more then 3 shows.
What If, which is kinda different could also come out but I'd be shocked if next year we get over 6 MCU movies/shows
We are almost 100% getting:
- WandaVision
- Falcon and The Winter Soldier
- Loki
- Hawkeye
-Black Widow
- Eternals
- Spider-Man 3

That's 7 MCU associated films or shows and What if? is also coming. It's possible I guess that Hawkeye is early 2022, I guess.

- WandaVision
- Loki
- Hawkeye
-Black Widow
- Eternals
- Spider-Man 3

That's 7 MCU associated films or shows and What if? is also coming. It's possible I guess that Hawkeye is early 2022, I guess.
I will believe it when I see it

We still have no dates on Winter Solider and BW even. Sony has Venom 2 and Morpheus as well next year....so Spiderman to me is not guaranteed. Maybe we get over 6 MCU shows (what if I can see since its animated and doesn't affect canon) but I'll wait before saying its happening 100% we have no idea when things are at a stage where they are willing to drop the films

I will believe it when I see it

We still have no dates on Winter Solider and BW even. Sony has Venom 2 and Morpheus as well next year....so Spiderman to me is not guaranteed. Maybe we get over 6 MCU shows (what if I can see since its animated and doesn't affect canon) but I'll wait before saying its happening 100% we have no idea when things are at a stage where they are willing to drop the films
At some point they just have to get moving with Phase 4. Phase 3 ended 1.5 years ago at this point. Marvel had ended on such a high note and was going on such great momentum and all of that is lost now. If they wait too long, the general public will simply stop caring. And it's not even like fan are overly excited to see Black Widow. Everyone wants to get to next year's movies with Thor 4, Doctor Strange 2, and Black Panther 2.

- WandaVision
- Loki
- Hawkeye
-Black Widow
- Eternals
- Spider-Man 3

Let's not forget Ms. Marvel--as production started around a few weeks back.

Speaking about Hawkeye albeit--Production has fully began in NYC, and Hailee Steinfield is indeed playing Kate Bishop--when you look at the shots.

Phase 4 is beginning with TV; which to me, actually may be a good way to stir things up. It'll get people to immediately look into Phase 4 more than just being for one platform.

At some point they just have to get moving with Phase 4. Phase 3 ended 1.5 years ago at this point. Marvel had ended on such a high note and was going on such great momentum and all of that is lost now. If they wait too long, the general public will simply stop caring. And it's not even like fan are overly excited to see Black Widow. Everyone wants to get to next year's movies with Thor 4, Doctor Strange 2, and Black Panther 2.
Then why not have a date for BW

I don't understand what they are really doing with that film...like when do they think is a good time to get it out?

They put the Pixar Film on Christmas and not really sure when BW comes out.

For sure we will see it next year but it feel's like they are going to still not let it out until spring or summer and have Solider come out around then as well. Leaving only half the year for maybe 2 films and another show or two...maybe. But Disney for sure seems to be holding back way more than I would be

Let's not forget Ms. Marvel--as production started around a few weeks back.

Speaking about Hawkeye albeit--Production has fully began in NYC, and Hailee Steinfield is indeed playing Kate Bishop--when you look at the shots.

Phase 4 is beginning with TV. Which to me, actually may be a good way to stir things up. It'll get people to immediately look into Phase 4 more than just being for one platform.

Conversation on-going.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Then why not have a date for BW

I don't understand what they are really doing with that film...like when do they think is a good time to get it out?

They put the Pixar Film on Christmas and not really sure when BW comes out.

For sure we will see it next year but it feel's like they are going to still not let it out until spring or summer and have Solider come out around then as well. Leaving only half the year for maybe 2 films and another show or two...maybe. But Disney for sure seems to be holding back way more than I would be
Black Widow is coming out May 7th as of now. Not sure why you're confused?

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Black Widow is coming out May 7th as of now. Not sure why you're confused?
So yeah half way through the year...and I doubt we will see them dropping a new Marvel film evety month after that. Disney seems to be going slow with the MCU, so I think we see 3 shows and mayve 3 movies at match...I could see only two films next year as well.

So yeah half way through the year...and I doubt we will see them dropping a new Marvel film evety month after that. Disney seems to be going slow with the MCU, so I think we see 3 shows and mayve 3 movies at match...I could see only two films next year as well.
2021 is going to be the busiest MCU year yet when you include the shows. 2022 only will get busier.

Also, you're acting like we don't have a MCU release schedule. This is the movie release schedule right now:
  • Black Widow (May 7, 2021)
  • Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (July 9, 2021)
  • Eternals (November 5, 2021)
  • Spider-Man 3 (December 17, 2021)
  • Thor: Love and Thunder (February 11, 2022)
  • Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (March 25, 2022

Last edited:
2021 is going to be the busiest MCU year yet when you include the shows. 2022 only will get busier.

Also, you're acting like we don't have a MCU release schedule. This is the movie release schedule right now:
  • Black Widow (May 7, 2021)
  • Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (July 9, 2021)
  • Eternals (November 5, 2021)
  • Spider-Man 3 (December 17, 2021)
  • Thor: Love and Thunder (February 11, 2022)
  • Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (March 25, 2022
Source? I had no idea they had a schedule

From Collider--Disney is looking to be having Hulu shift to be on Disney+.
I've theorized this would happen at some point and with the rumors of an R-rated section coming to Disney+, this just makes sense. Hulu has 35M subs on top of Disney+'s 74M and ESPN+ also has 10M that could be folded in. That would bring Disney+ to somewhere around 120M subs combined if they chose to do the obvious and combine all three of those. I'd watch the hell out of some of the ESPN content too. Their 30 for 30's are worth it alone.

Makes a ton of sense. Maybe it will also be an opportunity to put shows that toe that line down on Disney+. I remember a lot of discussion about a show like Love, Victor. It could be a back door way to fix a lot of that.

In theory--I think a rebrand/reorganization of Disney+ would work well if they combine Hulu. ESPN+ is the only thing that detracts me on thinking it'd be absorbed, as I do not recall any recent layoffs with that team. That said, i have to wonder if WB moving it's films to HBOMax alongside theatrical pushed this forward more quickly.

In theory--I think a rebrand/reorganization of Disney+ would work well if they combine Hulu. ESPN+ is the only thing that detracts me on thinking it'd be absorbed, as I do not recall any recent layoffs with that team. That said, i have to wonder if WB moving it's films to HBOMax alongside theatrical pushed this forward more quickly.
The question is though, can Disney do this right now? Just absorb Hulu, basically ending the company as we know it? Because Comcast is still around as a silent partner until 2024, so does anything in that contract prevent them from making a move like this or no? Although I think it's fair to say that in the US at least, it would be smart for Disney+ to use the Hulu branding for it's 17+ section.

Reactions: SeventyOne
The question is though, can Disney do this right now? Just absorb Hulu, basically ending the company as we know it? Because Comcast is still around as a silent partner until 2024, so does anything in that contract prevent them from making a move like this or no? Although I think it's fair to say that in the US at least, it would be smart for Disney+ to use the Hulu branding for it's 17+ section.

That depends, with Comcast as a silent partner--how much power would they even have? Would they even be able to stop Disney as they are no longer a major player in shares?