Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

WDW 50th Celebration

Almost done on this archway... only thing left to add from the concept art are flags on top and a banner on the bottom. The thing I dislike the most here is the pink lettering (in the concept art it shows white, so maybe that changes?)
disney-world-entrance-archways-construction-11252020-2.jpg

disney-world-main-entrance-concept-art.jpg

I actually love this too, very classy and tastefully done. Thanks for the side by side comparison as well @Nick

Silly side note I can’t I see the baseball diamond shape in the trees in the new picture.

The Magic Kingdom entrance plaza looks great too. Not sure where you see these entrances though? Is it a particular exit off I-4?

The Magic Kingdom entrance plaza looks great too. Not sure where you see these entrances though? Is it a particular exit off I-4?
I think the first one they finished is from the 429 exit. The I-4 one exit one I passed on Osceola Pkwy wasn’t even started last time I drove there a couple weeks ago. There’s a few of them.

I’m probably missing one, but they’re on World Drive just north of 192, both exits off I-4 (Osceola Parkway and Epcot Center Drive), and Western Way off 429, which I think might be the only refreshed one now. I don’t think the entrance by Crossroads has the full arch but there’s a Mickey and Minnie if I remember correctly.

If you enter from the north, either by Magic Kingdom or the warehouses, you don’t pass one. Same with Sherberth.

I’m probably missing one, but they’re on World Drive just north of 192, both exits off I-4 (Osceola Parkway and Epcot Center Drive), and Western Way off 429, which I think might be the only refreshed one now. I don’t think the entrance by Crossroads has the full arch but there’s a Mickey and Minnie if I remember correctly.

If you enter from the north, either by Magic Kingdom or the warehouses, you don’t pass one. Same with Sherberth.
Crossroads entrance does not have the full arch, however, it is fully refreshed, too.

Well this thread aged poorly. Pretty funny going back to the beginning and reading everybody's guesses. Thanks COVID...
Yeah, the worse part is most of the changes are needed, so its letting the parks stagnate even more.

If you enter through Disney Springs, then you also don't see an arch. It turns away from the main road just before.

The company is in triage mode. It doesn’t have to make sense to guests that all the new stuff for the resort’s 50th is at EPCOT. EPCOT has the least park reservations of all the parks, I think it’s pretty clear why they’d be focusing on it first. If Magic Kingdom is already hitting adjusted max capacity and EPCOT isn’t, it’s not that crazy to not want to open a new ride there until they actually have a reason to attract more people to it (when they can fit more).

Nothing really makes sense in these topsy-turvy times. At least they’re not stopping all construction at the resort altogether.