Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Busch Gardens Williamsburg

Pantheon is looking stellar

A smidge short, though it does look like fun if it really is that tall. But, coming in right after Tempesto and Pantheon? It feels so redundant. And with Verbolten, that’s 4 multi-launch coasters on one side of the park. What a bizarre choice.

A smidge short, though it does look like fun if it really is that tall. But, coming in right after Tempesto and Pantheon? It feels so redundant. And with Verbolten, that’s 4 multi-launch coasters on one side of the park. What a bizarre choice.
And across the company, right after Electric Eel, Tigris, Tidal Twister, and Ice Breaker.

I still think all of those have been effective investments, but they need to move past using reverse launches and top hats to save money on track length.

Looking at the train design and the track elements I'm worried I'm gonna hate this like skyrush. That thing is scary in an uncomfortable way.

I had heard that it didn't try to murder but just that it attempted to maim via crushing your legs.
It's both. Ride in the back on the left side and it feels like it's simultaneously trying to staple you down like a vice while also trying to toss you across the park.

If the restraints weren't so terrible it would be a legitimately great coaster tbh

Perhaps it is just a bit of optimism, but while looking over the Busch Gardens Williamsburg website I noticed that they appear to have revised the park’s operational calendar to now show operational hours beginning on June 13th for itself as well as the nearby Water Country USA waterpark.

While I believe some of the Colonial Williamsburg area has been allowed to reopen under the state’s Phase 1 reopening guidelines, this does not allow for a theme park like Busch Gardens to reopen. The exact guidelines for Phase 2 have not yet been made public so perhaps the park is just being hopeful that they might be included in Phase 2 at this time.

Keep in mind though, the event is catered to locals. The event is four hours per time slot each day: 11am-3pm & 5pm-9pm (outside of the already sold out membership event). I've confirmed with the park that they will close at 3pm to allow the park to clear out and reset for the event, and reopen at 5pm. So, unless you have an annual pass, membership, fun card or preschool pass, and live relatively close, this may not be for you. Tickets for others are $44.99 plus tax...ouch. I guess some will go, but that's a bit steep IMO.

Rides open: Loch Ness Monster, Griffon, InvadR, Finnegan's Flyers, Le Catapult and Li'l Clydes.

I wish the 2 sort-of-weekend (Thursday- Sunday) event success, but I see issues with the transparency on FB as to how this works for those who don't pay attention.

My wife and I are going August 8 for the 5-9 p.m. slot, and then the next morning for the 11 a.m.-3 p.m. slot. We're annual pass members. It'll be a bit of a drive as we're about 3 1/2 hours away, but we wanted to give it a try.

Busch Gardens is doing another special event in September. My wife and I are heading back next weekend. The event in August was fun, and the park did a good job making it feel as safe as possible right not.

Massive news coming out--Busch Gardens Williamsburg may be completely shifting to Year-Round operations beginning for the 2022 year, following San Antonio going completely year-round.

That's one of the nations' largest tourism areas with Williamsburg, both Jamestown centers, Yorktown and some local colonial plantations....plus BGW & Water Country. Once BGW went to their massive Christmas celebration, I always thought it made good business sense to go year round. But they really need to bring their live entertainment up to par. It used to be the park's strength until the disaster that post Busch ownership was.

That's one of the nations' largest tourism areas with Williamsburg, both Jamestown centers, Yorktown and some local colonial plantations....plus BGW & Water Country. Once BGW went to their massive Christmas celebration, I always thought it made good business sense to go year round. But they really need to bring their live entertainment up to par. It used to be the park's strength until the disaster that post Busch ownership was.

I'm curious to how they'd handle operations on the daily--if they'd adopt a similar method to the holidays, having select attractions open on certain days during the period of time.

I'm curious to how they'd handle operations on the daily--if they'd adopt a similar method to the holidays, having select attractions open on certain days during the period of time.
Probably no coasters in Jan. Feb on colder days...and maybe only Fri. Sat. Sun. openings until March/April. ...Just guessing though

They'll probably take the Merlin approach and close on select weekdays during the slow season.

Probably no coasters in Jan. Feb on colder days...and maybe only Fri. Sat. Sun. openings until March/April. ...Just guessing though

Too bad BGW never had a dark ride that would have been perfect for cold days when people don't want to ride outdoor attractions. Oh wait...

They'll probably take the Merlin approach and close on select weekdays during the slow season.

Too bad BGW never had a dark ride that would have been perfect for cold days when people don't want to ride outdoor attractions. Oh wait...
Yes, that was such a waste that they wouldn't do the necessary maintenance on Darkkastle. I really enjoyed that early SpiderMan copy ride. The storyline was a bit confusing but the ride was still very much fun and entertaining.

Weekend only operations for January/February/March with some kind of events or festivals to draw passholders out on those slower days.