Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

Fantastic discussion, haha.

Knowing many former and a few current ROTM TMs (including ride techs), I asked around to see what the consensus was.

I can confidently say there have never been any version of "ticklers" in the USF version of the ride. Just air and water fx, as mentioned by @Skubersky .
Thanks

Rode it yesterday and put my hands down under the seat (now that I think about it the TM was probably wondering what I was doing)

As much as I could feel (which isn't terribly much) there is nothing there

Thanks

Rode it yesterday and put my hands down under the seat (now that I think about it the TM was probably wondering what I was doing)

As much as I could feel (which isn't terribly much) there is nothing there
My guess is people that thought they experienced the 'ticklers' were just victims of the power of suggestion, albeit the rumor that the effect existed. Thus they honestly thought they were experiencing something that apparently wasn't there.
Some of those 'experiences' were just a few months ago, if you read back through the thread. As I said before, at least now I feel vindicated from the believe that I wasn't able to experience an effect that others say existed, and I even paid attention to on rerides since others said it existed. I'm not crazy after all. :lol:

My guess is people that thought they experienced the 'ticklers' were just victims of the power of suggestion, albeit the rumor that the effect existed. Thus they honestly thought they were experiencing something that apparently wasn't there.
Some of those 'experiences' were just a few months ago, if you read back through the thread. As I said before, at least now I feel vindicated from the believe that I wasn't able to experience an effect that others say existed, and I even paid attention to on rerides since others said it existed. I'm not crazy after all. :lol:

No one’s crazy because, while rare, air & water effects did/do exist in that portion of the ride, thus people that experienced those effects did actually experience them and people who haven’t experienced them simply means the effect wasn’t in operation during their visits.

This should be extremely commonplace when it comes to visiting theme parks, and should be well understood by all of us as theme park fans. As an example the last time I rode RotR the Kylo projection/AA holding the lightsaber didn’t walk towards the car. So does that mean he never walked towards the ride vehicle at all? No, he usually does but the effect simply wasn’t working that day. Same thing here.

I personally never said "ticklers" as those are mechanics. I felt burst of compressed air on my legs and water droplets from the air. . .
tumblr_nv00e067CX1roa7c8o1_250.gifv

No one’s crazy because, while rare, air & water effects did/do exist in that portion of the ride, thus people that experienced those effects did actually experience them and people who haven’t experienced them simply means the effect wasn’t in operation during their visits.

This should be extremely commonplace when it comes to visiting theme parks, and should be well understood by all of us as theme park fans. As an example the last time I rode RotR the Kylo projection/AA holding the lightsaber didn’t walk towards the car. So does that mean he never walked towards the ride vehicle at all? No, he usually does but the effect simply wasn’t working that day. Same thing here.
Sure, air and water effects. No one's denying those occurred. It's the tickler effect that they have in Hollywood that we've been talking about. I haven't experienced the tickler effect (crawling bugs) in the couple hundred times I've rode Mummy over the years because the effect wasn't working on one of those many days, it's because that aspect of the ride that exists in Hollywood is not present in Orlando.

Last edited:
Sure, air and water effects. No one's denying those occurred. It's the ticker effect that they have in Hollywood that we've been talking about.

But when I described what I felt as being similar to a quick air effect of beetles crawling on your legs, how come it still seemed to be shot down??

It seems I was talking to myself about something else this entire time lol.

But when I described what I felt as being similar to a quick air effect of beetles crawling on your legs, how come it still seemed to be shot down??

It seems I was talking to myself about something else this entire time lol.
Heh, it's all been in fun and jest. :) This may well be the most lighthearted 'controversy' we've had on all these threads.

On the leg tickler front. I've asked my dad, mum, sister and brother. My dad is convinced that the beetle scene had leg ticklers, the rest of my family don't remember it.

I rode a few weeks after opening and I can't remember it.

My consensus is that people are getting confused with the spider scene in Shrek which opened the year before.

I personally never said "ticklers" as those are mechanics. I felt burst of compressed air on my legs and water droplets from the air. . .
tumblr_nv00e067CX1roa7c8o1_250.gifv
Now I have to feel for air holes

That would actually make much more sense

Isn’t the ride described as a psychological thrill ride? They’re making you all believe this had ticklers even when it didn’t.

The Mummy wins.
A brilliant marketing campaign

Well, now that's settled.. :lol:

Let's move onto more pressing issues, like making a human chain around ROTM so that they can never get rid of it.
Please do this in Hollywood where the rumor of it closing forever pops up frequently!

Okay...hear me out on this highly unlikely and possibly impossible theory about the leg ticklers.

What if instead of the whole ride or a few carts having leg ticklers...it was just a couple of seats.
Others brought up that this ride was billed as a psychological thrill ride. Whats more psychological than having someone doubt their own memories or senses? Imagine getting off the ride with family and friends and bringing up the leg ticklers only for your party to look at you funny?

IDK just a random thought.