Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Avengers Campus (DCA)

I wouldn't bank RDJ's whole post-MCU career on Dolittle alone. Give him a few years/movies at least lol.

It's kinda crazy that it's taken this long to implement an Avengers ride. Avengers was the highest grossing movie of 2012 and almost 10 years later we still barely have any MCU presence in the parks. Disney's glacial development speed strikes again.
I remember when they were bought...god the hate old school Disney fans had for this.

I think they were slow because they had to fix DCA here and then Star Warsland. Then had to work contracts out with Universal for the east coast.

Also Cap and some of these characters are classic...not bad to wait a little bit and make people want it. I know by the time it comes out many people who saw the movie in school might be bringing kids of there own.

I think we're literally hearing about decisions made very recently when it comes to AC (and Rat in Epcot). Just too much changing what we were hearing before.

My impression is that Snow will be open when the parks reopen, and AC will open in the fall/early winter. DL's reopening is really weird. To be honest, I'm not even sure how Fantasyland will work.
That's a good point about Fantasyland. DL's fantasyland is pretty cramped as is, never mind with 6 foot spacing in the queues. There's gonna be lines zig zagging everywhere with some probably coming close to extended lines for other rides.

15% is a pretty small amount for such a large park though, so I imagine it will work itself out.

That's a good point about Fantasyland. DL's fantasyland is pretty cramped as is, never mind with 6 foot spacing in the queues. There's gonna be lines zig zagging everywhere with some probably coming close to extended lines for other rides.

15% is a pretty small amount for such a large park though, so I imagine it will work itself out.

Or don't even open Fantasyland. Low capacity rides, small cramped spaces. Just have it for food/drink.

Or don't even open Fantasyland. Low capacity rides, small cramped spaces. Just have it for food/drink.
Since the park will be pretty empty at the output, that probably makes the most sense not only logistically, but operationally/to save money. Not every ride in the park needs to be open when there will be such low attendance anyways.

Since the park will be pretty empty at the output, that probably makes the most sense not only logistically, but operationally/to save money. Not every ride in the park needs to be open when there will be such low attendance anyways.

Thinking they open the high capacity/outdoor attractions, don't even open FL or Adventureland attractions (minus Dumbo and teacups cuz outside).

Thinking they open the high capacity/outdoor attractions, don't even open FL or Adventureland attractions (minus Dumbo and teacups cuz outside).

I actually think they'll go about it slightly differently: They'll have a bulk of those rides open (especially Jungle Cruise, which is open air, and a bulk of Indy, which only becomes truly indoors after the long outdoor stretch), but will require virtual queuing. They already built the infrastructure. Grab a time slot for Snow White, Peter Pan, Alice, Indy (probably)... That keeps the amount of people in the area to a minimum.

I actually think they'll go about it slightly differently: They'll have a bulk of those rides open (especially Jungle Cruise, which is open air, and a bulk of Indy, which only becomes truly indoors after the long outdoor stretch), but will require virtual queuing. They already built the infrastructure. Grab a time slot for Snow White, Peter Pan, Alice, Indy (probably)... That keeps the amount of people in the area to a minimum.
Question: does what they have open help determine capacity? Like, if a ride is closed that is technically unused space (queue plus those in the actual ride) which would theoretically decrease your overall capacity.

I agree with this idea, although I stated on the other Disneyland thread. I think that overall park capacity will be reduced and then they could use VQ for everything. They could use the Max Pass system to handle it. In addition, if they claim that they don't have time to implement, they are dopes. They have had almost a full year to think about how to reopen and could have spent that time preparing.

Back to Avengers. For whatever reason, this is the least excited that I have felt for a new Disney ride. I don't think that it's because it is in California because I was still excited about CarsLand when it opened. It's more that the ride seems underwhelming while admitting that I haven't rode it or read reviews. I think that it is more that the concept doesn't make me interested.

Question: does what they have open help determine capacity? Like, if a ride is closed that is technically unused space (queue plus those in the actual ride) which would theoretically decrease your overall capacity.
I don’t know for a fact, but I would imagine yes. My reason being, had they said we will open the park at 15% full park capacity, but let’s say Main Street is the only area open. That 15% could fill that whole area very quickly, so I imagine it would be based on capacity for what is currently open and accessible to the guests.

Honestly I think the whole capacity thing is really an honor system. Officials really have to take the word of the park operators that their in-park numbers are within the guidelines. Since those numbers are treated as an industry secret, if Disney says they're allowing only 15% of capacity that number could still be huge since "capacity" may be based on the highest number they've had, not an average number.