Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 163 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
is there any reason to believe HHN will be radically different this year?

Can't think of anything special that happened the past 15 months that could potentially affect an event that takes place during flu season...

Read the speculation and know that the general consensus is that they're hoping for the best, but have to be planning contingencies for the worst. India had done a great job battling the virus...until they didn't. Parts of Europe have had periods of being nearly fully open and then had to be almost completely locked down again. Nobody here knows what things will look like here in 3 weeks, let alone 3 months.

Fully realizing this is "speculation and rumors" for a reason, in an attempting to aggregate dozens of pages here: is there any reason to believe HHN will be radically different this year? Totally acknowledge there may not be fishing lines and similar sensory experiences, but curious if anyone has a speculative summary of what's likely to be different.

Basically just trying to decide if 2021 is worth a trip or if I put all my eggs in a 2022 basket.

I'd expect a more closer to a normal event - but yea, things can always change.

In their own time.

Wishful thinking...but thought it would be fun to point out.

Side note/rant, the other Florida haunts, including Howl O Scream, should have their event every Mon or Tuesday night. For the out-of-staters going to HHN, spending money for airfare and hotels, draw them into your event on nights that there isn't HHN. Everybody knows HHN is the big draw, so take advantage of the crowds it draws on the nights that HHN isn't open. Been DYING to check it out for years, but with a Rush of Fear ticket it's not worth both skipping a date "I paid for" and paying for another event 90min away. But if they held the event on any non-HHN date on my trip, my whole group would definitely go.

Wish they’d use their social media accounts to focus on behind the scenes, creating/sharing lore, or straight up promotion. I dislike social media in general and how companies now have to be extra snarky like the rest of humanity.
They wouldn’t get have the engagement they do if they were doing serious stuff all the time. Most people don’t care that much about it. The snark feeds the algorithm.

Wish they’d use their social media accounts to focus on behind the scenes, creating/sharing lore, or straight up promotion. I dislike social media in general and how companies now have to be extra snarky like the rest of humanity.

They played around with that a bit after Mike gave up control, but I don't think they fully understood how to do it properly. It mostly ended up just being cryptic and aggravating tweets that amounted to nothing.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Corporations are people, don't ya know? :|

They played around with that a bit after Mike gave up control, but I don't think they fully understood how to do it properly. It mostly ended up just being cryptic and aggravating tweets that amounted to nothing.
Yeah, whoever is in charge of it right now needs to be taken off, quick.

Speaking of fire

I always thought throwing the Nightingales in the great San Fran earthquake of 1906 would be fun

Imagine weaving in and out of destroyed buildings, busted water pipes, etc

They could even have some shaky floor effects in there as aftershocks and of course the slanted floor

Man if they hadn't torn down Earthquake/Disaster!

I just spent my ticket money on some stock buys last night, so they can delay a little.

I'm having to deal with my 403's from my last job and I laughed probably a little too hard at this lol

Reactions: midnighter
Wishful thinking...but thought it would be fun to point out.

Side note/rant, the other Florida haunts, including Howl O Scream, should have their event every Mon or Tuesday night. For the out-of-staters going to HHN, spending money for airfare and hotels, draw them into your event on nights that there isn't HHN. Everybody knows HHN is the big draw, so take advantage of the crowds it draws on the nights that HHN isn't open. Been DYING to check it out for years, but with a Rush of Fear ticket it's not worth both skipping a date "I paid for" and paying for another event 90min away. But if they held the event on any non-HHN date on my trip, my whole group would definitely go.

Amen to this! From an out-of-towner POV: I'm holding off a full-bore spare-no-expense Orlando week until Guardians/Tron etc. open so was looking at a 3-4 day Florida visit this Fall. For me, personally, that's too many days to spend at Universal (especially with Express / HHN Express), so I'd like to figure out a BG Tampa or SeaWorld trip the other 1 or 2 days.

Right now, I'm looking at flying in to Tampa, doing BG and Howl-O-Scream on a Friday, then booking it to Orlando next morning for Saturday and Sunday at Universal. But that's just such a sprint. Feels like the ideal would be Howl O Scream having midweek options.

Right now, I'm looking at flying in to Tampa, doing BG and Howl-O-Scream on a Friday, then booking it to Orlando next morning for Saturday and Sunday at Universal. But that's just such a sprint. Feels like the ideal would be Howl O Scream having midweek options.
Looks like with Sea World's new Howl-O-Scream announcement you might not have to got to Tampa at all... I wonder if the SW event will be on the level the BG event is.

Status
Not open for further replies.