Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

Over on Screamscape, (Universal Orlando), story posted today that the Red Coconut Club and The groove could be on their way out and a Comedy Club (possibly SNL) and Escape Rooms could be their replacements.

I've never gone to either of the original properties, so it could be a nice refresh to the top area and tie in more Uni IP.

Poor Jekyll & Hyde Club does its best periodically, but it can't quite break into the top 3.
Went there multiple times as a kid in its Times Square location, but no way they'd spend the money unless they directly made it their own Universals monster lab or something. But then it's already in the park via monsters cafe.

Went there multiple times as a kid in its Times Square location, but no way they'd spend the money unless they directly made it their own Universals monster lab or something. But then it's already in the park via monsters cafe.

Just joking that it's another one of those periodic rumors that will never die. It's come up every couple years for over a decade, not happened yet, so I wasn't holding my breath.

Over on Screamscape, (Universal Orlando), story posted today that the Red Coconut Club and The groove could be on their way out and a Comedy Club (possibly SNL) and Escape Rooms could be their replacements.

I've never gone to either of the original properties, so it could be a nice refresh to the top area and tie in more Uni IP.
...or just restaurants to lighten the strain on the stuff downstairs

An SNL concept would be fun, but I don't see it going further than a theme and various clips playing while you eat

From UOTeam:

Beginning Tuesday, October 5, the CityWalk Bus Loop will begin a long-term construction project that will conclude in Spring 2022. This work will temporarily affect the location of several shuttle stops in that area.

Shuttle Stop Information and Reminders

• Work will begin Tuesday, October 5, and will continue through Spring 2022.
  • The shuttle stops for Endless Summer Resort, Lynx, and Destination Universal Partner hotels will be relocated to the back of the Bus Loop.
  • Guests and Team Members can follow signage to the temporary stops.
  • Guests and Team Members who utilize Rideshare services should be picked up and dropped off on level 5 of the Garage in the Jurassic Park section.
  • Pick up and drop off is NOT permitted in the Bus Loop.
We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding while construction is underway.

Are Citi Walk restaurants still requiring Reservations?
Just left yesterday. Lunch time did not seem to need them, but dinner time yes everything was very busy with either nothing open or hour long wait to be seated. We had dinner at big fire with reservations and likely would not have been able to go without. Then went to vivo just to get dessert and was told they were booked for the night (it was 830) and we weren't even able to sit at the bar for a drink. But we did go to toothsome one night and was able to go right up to the bar for a couple drinks. So seems a little hit or miss

Just left yesterday. Lunch time did not seem to need them, but dinner time yes everything was very busy with either nothing open or hour long wait to be seated. We had dinner at big fire with reservations and likely would not have been able to go without. Then went to vivo just to get dessert and was told they were booked for the night (it was 830) and we weren't even able to sit at the bar for a drink. But we did go to toothsome one night and was able to go right up to the bar for a couple drinks. So seems a little hit or miss
Thanks. :thumbsup:

From UOTeam:

Beginning Tuesday, October 5, the CityWalk Bus Loop will begin a long-term construction project that will conclude in Spring 2022. This work will temporarily affect the location of several shuttle stops in that area.

• The shuttle stops for Endless Summer Resort, Lynx, and Destination Universal Partner hotels will be relocated to the back of the Bus Loop.
  • Guests and Team Members who utilize Rideshare services should be picked up and dropped off on level 5 of the Garage in the Jurassic Park section.
We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding while construction is underway.

Finally, that area is a mess with people not knowing where to go. Hoping we get fixed bus stops like at Disney versus temporary signs and queues.

Wondering if they will also make the Uber drop off area look more fixed soon?

From UOTeam:

Good, can use some work, though it is better than what it used to be since they stopped allowing drop-off there. On the other hand, the Lyft/Uber area is a mess too, opening night of HHN I took a Lyft home, and it was a nightmare trying to find my ride, good thing is that I am easily recognizable, so the driver called out to me.

Anyone else see this post from Screamscape?

"2022/2023 - New CityWalk Developments - (10/3/21) Remember that rumor about the next projects coming to CityWalk at Universal Orlando? Screamscape sources tell us that they are indeed moving forward with plans to add the rumored Escape Room and Comedy Club attractions there. We don't have a timeline however, and it seems very possible that one may open before the other at the moment, with the Escape Rooms taking the lead here. We did get a fun note about the Comedy Club concept however, as our source confirmed that Saturday Night Live themeing would indeed be involved in that project, which may be partly the reason it could take a bit longer to bring to life."

Anyone else see this post from Screamscape?

"2022/2023 - New CityWalk Developments - (10/3/21) Remember that rumor about the next projects coming to CityWalk at Universal Orlando? Screamscape sources tell us that they are indeed moving forward with plans to add the rumored Escape Room and Comedy Club attractions there. We don't have a timeline however, and it seems very possible that one may open before the other at the moment, with the Escape Rooms taking the lead here. We did get a fun note about the Comedy Club concept however, as our source confirmed that Saturday Night Live themeing would indeed be involved in that project, which may be partly the reason it could take a bit longer to bring to life."
I'm all for a comedy club, 6 -7 years ago I even told the GS people in front of Starbucks there should be one.