Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

CityWalk Hollywood

Talking into that:

Toothsome's walls are returned, however at that level ((and perhaps more curiously)), Blaze Pizza has since closed ops. Leaving that building...entirely empty for the moment.

Talking into that:

Toothsome's walls are returned, however at that level ((and perhaps more curiously)), Blaze Pizza has since closed ops. Leaving that building...entirely empty for the moment.
I would love a somewhere to get Curry or ramen noodles no clue if Blaze/Starbucks would be enough room for either of those but would love to see one of those there

It's the same feeling I have with the fact that Starbucks is gone.

Why. This feels very random unless if they have plans for that building; considering they waited almost an year and did nothing with Starbucks. I really wonder if they have some large plans for that area; be that a new restaurant like Cowfish, or...

a new version of NintendoLA. I can see both, especially as Howl at The Moon is already being looked at for something Escape Room oriented. Would make sense if 2022 might be a big push for CW projects ahead of Super Nintendo World's launch. Gotta get infrastructure ready somehow for the crowds that is to come.

It's the same feeling I have with the fact that Starbucks is gone.

Why. This feels very random unless if they have plans for that building; considering they waited almost an year and did nothing with Starbucks. I really wonder if they have some large plans for that area; be that a new restaurant like Cowfish, or...

a new version of NintendoLA. I can see both, especially as Howl at The Moon is already being looked at for something Escape Room oriented. Would make sense if 2022 might be a big push for CW projects ahead of Super Nintendo World's launch. Gotta get infrastructure ready somehow for the crowds that is to come.
They could destroy half of CityWalk Hollywood for Cowfish and I wouldn't lift a finger.

They could destroy half of CityWalk Hollywood for Cowfish and I wouldn't lift a finger.
They should tear out half of CityWalk for theme park expansion. Specifically the useless portion between Nectar Bath Treats and Billabong. They would just relocate the Studio Store and Vivo to the other half of citywalk and its multiple empty venues. They could also DRASTICALLY improve the horrible security setup they have in front of globe and not have the whole park walk through a SMALL 3ft wide walkway to serves as exit and entry to the park.

They should tear out half of CityWalk for theme park expansion. Specifically the useless portion between Nectar Bath Treats and Billabong. They would just relocate the Studio Store and Vivo to the other half of citywalk and its multiple empty venues. They could also DRASTICALLY improve the horrible security setup they have in front of globe and not have the whole park walk through a SMALL 3ft wide walkway to serves as exit and entry to the park.
I was thinking about how wonderful it would be if they could tear out the gate area, what used to saddle ranch and move the security area to parking lot and have a whole new "mini" land with a few rides but its a dream...Nintendoland would really have to drive attendance up for them to want to add that much estate to the park

Has anyone done the free rapid testing in City Walk in Jurassic Parking? It's on their FAQ page and I had no idea it existed until now! Do they lead you that way in the structure without parking or do you have to park/pay and walk to it?

Done it many times! It's the best kept Covid test secret... super fast, easy, and we've (so far) rarely run into any sort of line.

We have parking on our pass already, so that's not an issue... I suspect if you didn't, you may possibly have to pay for parking. It's located inside the ground level of Jurassic Parking, just under the Valet level and the food court. Take those food court/parking garage escalators or elevators to the ground floor, and turn left.

They make you fill out a form online with all your info. Once entered, it will give you a QR code that will be scanned with your test. You actually take two tests... one is a rapid test (where we literally got a result in about a minute), and a PCR test that they'll email you the final result a few days later.

Done it many times! It's the best kept Covid test secret... super fast, easy, and we've (so far) rarely run into any sort of line.

We have parking on our pass already, so that's not an issue... I suspect if you didn't, you may possibly have to pay for parking. It's located inside the ground level of Jurassic Parking, just under the Valet level and the food court. Take those food court/parking garage escalators or elevators to the ground floor, and turn left.

They make you fill out a form online with all your info. Once entered, it will give you a QR code that will be scanned with your test. You actually take two tests... one is a rapid test (where we literally got a result in about a minute), and a PCR test that they'll email you the final result a few days later.
Awesome, man, thanks for the info! You don't need a park ticket or anything?

We've never shown any sort of park ticket or our APs, so no. Just park.

Small caution: we visited the park around 3pm on Saturday, and noticed the Covid testing area had already closed up for the day. So double check its hours (may have to call the park) if coming later in the day.

Cowfish is overrated. They started in my home state of NC and I never understood the appeal plus there were always better sushi spots AND better burger joints elsewhere. LA has incredible sushi, so I dunno why you’d want a bastardized version.

Regarding Toothsomes…mmmm I can already taste the chocolate old fashions :drool:

Regarding Toothsomes…mmmm I can already taste the chocolate old fashions :drool:

Has there been anymore movement on this that anyone’s been able to see these past few weeks since the walls went back up? I’m so ready for this thing to start making some external progress so that my own personal hype can start mounting knowing that we’re edging closer and closer…

Has there been anymore movement on this that anyone’s been able to see these past few weeks since the walls went back up? I’m so ready for this thing to start making some external progress so that my own personal hype can start mounting knowing that we’re edging closer and closer…
No external progress. Last time I went they left the doors open and I was able to look inside and it really looks like they’re just getting started

not really my cup of tea lol but hey at least it's some form of event at USH

Agreed...kinda

Like yes its cool they are doing something but considering how much Grinchmas and Lunar New Years got cut backs....I just wish we saw more events at this park. I think they are underestimating what people are willing to spend or at least come to if they throw events