Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 69 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stranger Things will explode in popularity again later this year, so I think Universal is gonna go with the more popular Netflix property. I want to see Fear Street at the event, but I also want to see another Stranger Things house.
Putting that aside the new Texas chainsaw massacre is tomorrow, all I’m saying Universal is probably gonna hold off stranger things for 2 years until season 5 the final season then Mega house we get stranger things again at the event.

all I’m saying Universal is probably gonna hold off stranger things for 2 years until season 5 the final season then Mega house we get stranger things again at the event.
I get your point, but also, (if possible with licensing and everything obviously) why wouldn't Universal just maximize the amount of Stranger Things possible and just go all in for 4 this year, and then 5 afterwards? Hell, it wouldn't be beyond them to go even further and do a "BEST OF EVERY SEASON" house assuming it's still profitable after its conclusion. I think they've proven that "IP Fatigue" (I guess I'll call it) is something they rarely consider, so long as it'll make those sweet dollar signs, especially for a franchise as huge as Stranger Things still is

I’m gonna be honest with you guys, I don’t see this coming to the event this year, I just don’t see it happening since Fear street was the most streamed trilogy event last year on the platform” I just don’t see stranger things coming this year from the article I read it would be two parts” May and July Probably Next year although this is spec I just don’t see it happening.

Stranger Things is one of the biggest "free agent" IPs out there, and it sells merch. Can even be used to sell food. Hard to see HHN passing up a chance to strike while the iron is still hot. The only thing from Netflix on a comparable level in the zeitgeist would be Squid Game, which doesn't feel like a natural fit (and we've been told not coming).

I know I said this two times but stranger things isn’t happening This year” I just don’t see it this year from the reactions from Fear street From last year, Also it premieres in the summer which is announcement season this won’t be 2019 I can tell you that. we are in a new era which the pandemic has caused a switch to the event. Hill house was supposed to market Bly manor then it was delayed to 2021, Fear street caught people by surprise when it released all the gossip surrounding it grew” Also Sadie sink from stranger things was in Fear street 1978” there’s no way universal will pass up a property that gained popularity over last summer including the fact the movie somewhat revolves around the Salem witch trials and the killer designs are top notch I would love to be jump-scared by the Grifter.

Last edited:
Stranger Things is one of the biggest "free agent" IPs out there, and it sells merch. Can even be used to sell food. Hard to see HHN passing up a chance to strike while the iron is still hot. The only thing from Netflix on a comparable level in the zeitgeist would be Squid Game, which doesn't feel like a natural fit (and we've been told not coming).

Didn't whomever is in charge of HHN (sorry, I can never remember which department it is) get to see episodes of Stranger Things season 3 before they were released in order to incorporate that into the house? Could the same thing happen this year?

I just want to gauge the room, what does everyone think is a "bigger draw": Chucky or Universal Monsters?

I think Chucky would be the bigger draw for the general public.

As for general spec, any chance of an Umbrella Academy house? It's a Netflix property, horror adjacent, and a new season is being released this year.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
I just want to gauge the room, what does everyone think is a "bigger draw": Chucky or Universal Monsters?

Without a single doubt, Chucky. The number of Chucky shirts I saw at HHN last year *each night* was nothing short of staggering.
Now UCM is solid, to the point where lots of folks will be happy with any new house or merch to come from that, myself included.

But Chucky? You could have him be this year's Icon without question, that is how much of a bigger draw he is right now.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Catching up on the last two weeks of this conversation: Demon Slayer was in my initial spec when this thread began for a myriad of reasons and I absolutely would not be surprised if it's the controversial IP.

Regarding today's Stranger Things announcement, I can see Netflix pushing to have it at the event this year if we're going to wait another 2-3 years for the final season. Splitting S4 into two parts because of its runtime+scope makes it sound like there's enough for a house considering the first house managed ok with only one season.

Without a single doubt, Chucky. The number of Chucky shirts I saw at HHN last year *each night* was nothing short of staggering.
Now UCM is solid, to the point where lots of folks will be happy with any new house or merch to come from that, myself included.

But Chucky? You could have him be this year's Icon without question, that is how much of a bigger draw he is right now.
Would be stupid of Universal to not capitalize on the recent spike in popularity of Chucky.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Chucky is definitely the more marketable pick. I would be shocked to see him come back in a house though, would be great to see another zone or even as the years Icon.

The show has potential as a by-the-numbers slasher house but another original in the vein of the 2009 house would be great. Still holding out hope for a Child's Play 2 house though haha.

Reactions: Crypt Keeper
No way they pass up on Stranger things, it completely changed the event when it came the first time, and no way they combine this season with the final season - based on the reviews they got last time. JMHO.

Just watched the new Texas chainsaw massacre could make for a great house tbh.
Can't see them repeating TCM when there were already complaints about using it last year.

No way they pass up on Stranger things, it completely changed the event when it came the first time, and no way they combine this season with the final season - based on the reviews they got last time. JMHO.
All I’m saying the pandemic has switched things around, once again I’m saying this due to Hill House being Delayed to 2021 for the event. People streamed Fear street last year in summer of 2021 that received positive reactions” Do to its popularity I enjoyed it as well and I seen people on twitter begging for it to come to the event from last year So that’s what I see being marketed” not stranger things besides we might see Stranger things in 2023 I don’t see it this year.

Reactions: DannyPowers
Status
Not open for further replies.