KidZone Replacement Rumors & Speculation (Pt 2) | Page 29 | Inside Universal Forums

KidZone Replacement Rumors & Speculation (Pt 2)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I legit haven’t walked into kidzone since 2014, so if I’m a little off on placements let me be. Ideally….

Woody Woodpeckers = Shrek Swamp kidding coaster. Meet n Greet in Shrek’s home.

Curious George = Bad Guys splashzone. 1 or 2 games a la SNW to upgrade it a tad.

Barney/Rest = Trolls. Trolls flats, eventual dark ride, and new show. Show is dance party essentially.

I don’t think any of this is too much to ask for something that’ll take a year to a year and a half.

Said it once, but now with feeling and hope:

Curious George - Either a The Bad Guys or Kung Fu Panda themed obstacle course, similar to something like Legend of The Hidden Temple from Nick Universe NJ or the Disneyland Shanghai obstacle Course
Woody Woodpecker & Fivel - TrollerCoaster, Troll Village with interactive elements and play pads for all ages
Barney & The area around it - Revamped DreamWorks Destination, but more like an actual kids show like say Sing from Universal Beijing and Osaka, with Donkey, Shrek, and Fiona having new looks more like Hollywood
SpongeBob StorePants - Animation Studio Store (ASS for short)

Really, really, reallly interested to see what they do with the expansion plot in-between Curious George and Nuthouse Coaster. Genuinely have to wonder if they'll add something there or not during this redo.

Reactions: Nico
Said it once, but now with feeling and hope:

Curious George - Either a The Bad Guys or Kung Fu Panda themed obstacle course, similar to something like Legend of The Hidden Temple from Nick Universe NJ or the Disneyland Shanghai obstacle Course
Woody Woodpecker & Fivel - TrollerCoaster, Troll Village with interactive elements and play pads for all ages
Barney & The area around it - Revamped DreamWorks Destination, but more like an actual kids show like say Sing from Universal Beijing and Osaka, with Donkey, Shrek, and Fiona having new looks more like Hollywood
SpongeBob StorePants - Animation Studio Store (ASS for short)

Really, really, reallly interested to see what they do with the expansion plot in-between Curious George and Nuthouse Coaster. Genuinely have to wonder if they'll add something there or not during this redo.
I can't lose the Spongebob store :(

Seasons 1-3 and the movie are probably the best any cartoon has ever been. Maybe it’s different if you didn’t grow up with the show, but I still can’t recommend it enough.
I watch it to this day and it's just as hilarious. It went downhill as it went on, but it's still iconic and like you said, the early seasons are top-tier

Reactions: Darko and Mad Dog
I can't lose the Spongebob store :(
Love the store. Very interesting layout. The only issue I've had with the store is that it's merchandise selection is sparse in relation to the size of the store. But it's definitely one of the coolest looking
stores at either Universal or Disney. Keep it for sure. It's a big positive for that space......On the IP interest. Anecdotal : When our three young grandchildren (10, 9, 5) are over, it's the most watched tv show. Way more popular with
them than any of the Disney stuff even, and they love Disney princesses, Mickey, and other Disney stuff.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: TheCodeMan95
It sounds like outside of the impressive sounding HTTYD land at EU, they only Dreamworks experiences UOR will get is small scale show inside the former Barney theater and some reskinned play areas plus a roller coaster. It would be cool if one of the parks in UOR got a decently sized DWA dark ride. Maybe that will come in a phase 2 for the Kidzone revamp or maybe Shrek will get a whole land dedicated to the IP in EU as it looks like that park has several expansion pads for more lands down the line.

It sounds like outside of the impressive sounding HTTYD land at EU, they only Dreamworks experiences UOR will get is small scale show inside the former Barney theater and some reskinned play areas plus a roller coaster. It would be cool if one of the parks in UOR got a decently sized DWA dark ride. Maybe that will come in a phase 2 for the Kidzone revamp or maybe Shrek will get a whole land dedicated to the IP in EU as it looks like that park has several expansion pads for more lands down the line.

The playgrounds aren’t getting “reskinned”.

Status
Not open for further replies.