Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026) | Page 27 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hasn’t California been experiencing unprecedented weather like the last two months ?

That’s probably a huge reason why they haven’t started making progress on this ride yet.

Reactions: BriefCasey
Hasn’t California been experiencing unprecedented weather like the last two months ?

That’s probably a huge reason why they haven’t started making progress on this ride yet.
That could very well be a factor. But @Freak mentioned supply chain issues could be a factor as Intamin is based in Europe and with the Ukraine Russia war could be holding up supplies. Though I don't know where exactly Intamin sources the metal and other supplies for thier coasters.

Here in Orlando we're used to projects getting canceled jut as they are about to start...

Maybe they decided expanding SNW first is the priority?

Of course (as I mentioned before) there could be demolition going on you can't see at the moment AND they probably were waiting until after the SNW grand opening to start tearing things apart and making a mess.

Here in Orlando we're used to projects getting canceled jut as they are about to start...

Maybe they decided expanding SNW first is the priority?

Of course (as I mentioned before) there could be demolition going on you can't see at the moment AND they probably were waiting until after the SNW grand opening to start tearing things apart and making a mess.

I've heard the project is still on.

I wonder if this will push them to have a Dreamworks replacement movie ready by next year just in case this doesn't open when they first planned on it opening

Reactions: TheUniC6
It seems the scope of the attraction is more in line with HRRR than, say, Hagrid.

I'm honestly happy with that. F&F works best on simplicity and I'd actually much prefer the more simplistic style as opposed to Velocicoaster or Hagrids for the sake of the IP. Hopefully this means we have custom radios for each "car" to allow me to blast out our lord and savior Gasolina, to honor Extreme Close-Up.

I don’t know who this guy/girl is and it may even be one of you on this site but they are stating that USH will be renamed to universal Hollywood resort, open two on-site hotels and announce all attractions until 2028. So we should be hearing if the coaster is still on soon. Personally I think it’s still on, fingers crossed!!

I'm honestly happy with that. F&F works best on simplicity and I'd actually much prefer the more simplistic style as opposed to Velocicoaster or Hagrids for the sake of the IP. Hopefully this means we have custom radios for each "car" to allow me to blast out our lord and savior Gasolina, to honor Extreme Close-Up.

I mean we see what this will be: queue, load, and maintenance buildings, coaster track, and whatever else needs to be done with pathwork.

I don’t know who this guy/girl is and it may even be one of you on this site but they are stating that USH will be renamed to universal Hollywood resort, open two on-site hotels and announce all attractions until 2028. So we should be hearing if the coaster is still on soon. Personally I think it’s still on, fingers crossed!!

They are, at best, unreliable with their own sourced rumors.

It seems the scope of the attraction is more in line with HRRR than, say, Hagrid.
The buy-in from the movie’s talent seems extremely low, too. Maybe a hidden benefit to this being themed to drifting means it can be more Tokyo Drift era vibes and then they don’t have to pay Vin Diesel or Dwayne Johnson a gargantuan amount to work for half a day.

As long as it’s a fun coaster, I don’t need a lot of theming for this, tbh.

Last edited:
The buy-in from the movie’s talent seems extremely low, too. Maybe part of the reason this is themed to drifting means it can be more Tokyo Drift era vibes and then they don’t have to pay Vin Diesel or Dwayne Johnson a gargantuan amount to work for half a day.

As long as it’s a fun coaster, I don’t need a lot of theming for this, tbh.
My expectation is the queue video will have generically attractive mid-20s racers dressed in high-quality street wear explaining the mechanics of drifting to the audience, with frequent cuts to b-roll of relevant races from the Fast franchise .