The Mandalorian | Page 33 | Inside Universal Forums

The Mandalorian

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sort of getting ahead of ourselves with this, but Jon Favreau confirmed Season 4 is already written and mapped out and supposedly there will be crossovers from both Ahsoka and Skeleton Crew. I wonder if Season 4 is planned to be the big finale of this little Star Wars pocket universe taking place.

Reactions: belloq87
I’m sorry, but this is ridiculous retcon crap because they rushed the two coming back together in TBOBF. I'm the type that will be up late tonight to watch the premiere of Season 3, but this is just lame.

I’m sorry, but this is ridiculous retcon crap because they rushed the two coming back together in TBOBF. I'm the type that will be up late tonight to watch the premiere of Season 3, but this is just lame.

Yea…. I’ll be watching the show, but yikes, this isn’t a good start overall.

Yea…. I’ll be watching the show, but yikes, this isn’t a good start overall.
Like, if you want to get them back together, you could still say it's two years, just actually show it. Keep Grogu apart from Din, do a Grogu focused episode to start the season and in the same episode right at the end, do a time jump saying "two years later", do a quick tease of how powerful he's become, reunite the two in an episode and start the season. Preferably make it a 9 or 10 episode season so you could handle the Grogu and Din stuff while still telling the Battle of Mandalore type story that we seem to be doing in full.

Reactions: Jaden
Lamest slapstick monster fight ever award goes to the Mandalorian season 3. A big 95% croc, what a lack of fantasy.
Best thing that saved the show was a green Pizza the Hut at the end.

Just saw a Post that Mando season 2 to 3 must take about 2 years since the creators said
Grogu was training with Luke for that long

Sort of getting ahead of ourselves with this, but Jon Favreau confirmed Season 4 is already written and mapped out and supposedly there will be crossovers from both Ahsoka and Skeleton Crew. I wonder if Season 4 is planned to be the big finale of this little Star Wars pocket universe taking place.

I'm sure I read somewhere that season 3 is seen as the start of a 3-season story arc so that would make season 5 the big finale.
Hopefully I didn't just dream that, can't seem to find the source.

I'm sure I read somewhere that season 3 is seen as the start of a 3-season story arc so that would make season 5 the big finale.
Hopefully I didn't just dream that, can't seem to find the source.
Is that including spin-off shows? They could mean Mando S3, Ahsoka, and Skeleton Crew all being a part of one arc.

Is that including spin-off shows? They could mean Mando S3, Ahsoka, and Skeleton Crew all being a part of one arc.
I don't believe so. I think they were talking purely about the Mandalorian, but as I said I can't seem to find it now. Will have to do some digging.

Mando and Ahsoka show will for sure have cross overs and sure "new" characters from Ahsoka will come into Mando season 4.

After thinking THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT and OBI-WAN were outright bad efforts, and after finding ANDOR a bit too cold and humorless for my personal taste, it's a pleasure to return to a show that seemingly wants only to be a fun adventure. Give me lots of creatures, stand-offs, gunfights, and chases, and I'm fully in!

And wow, does this ever make BOBA FETT and OBI-WAN look even more substandard.

After thinking THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT and OBI-WAN were outright bad efforts, and after finding ANDOR a bit too cold and humorless for my personal taste, it's a pleasure to return to a show that seemingly wants only to be a fun adventure. Give me lots of creatures, stand-offs, gunfights, and chases, and I'm fully in!

And wow, does this ever make BOBA FETT and OBI-WAN look even more substandard.
100% with you for the fun adventures.

My only negative is how short the episodes are, just when it hits it's peak it usually has to end.

A bit underwhelming for a premiere. Season 1 & 2 had better premieres for imo, but they were both very good. They are verging on overdoing it with making a point to make every scene Grogu is in “cute” to the point it’s almost distracting at times.

Anyway, nice to be back, but man, with watching TLOU now, you really feel how short the episodes on this show are.

Reactions: SeventyOne
So I thought about it a little more and i'm actually a little more sour on the episode. Nothing really happened in the episode except finding out the space pirates are a villain and Mando is going to Mandalore which we already knew and, as Dan Murrell put it very nicely, the show seems to be settling into and chasing why people love these characters in online fan communities rather than being the characters that we fell in love with in Season 1. It happens in popular shows, but it's to the detriment mostly. This episode seemed like it was trying to create a million gifs all in one episode.

The first two seasons were legitimately great and I could watch and rewatch those. But the more I think about it, the more it pains me that they went for the cheap way out of what was such a mature ending for a show like this to end Season 2. Like, is there really any reason Grogu is there right now except to sell merch? He could've been absent, training with Luke all episode and nothing would've been different plot-wise. It's just such a disappointment that this show caved to merch sales instead of continuing telling a classic Lucas style Star Wars story that also was mature in it's writing when it needed to be (such as how Season 2 ended).

With rumors that the original first episode or two of Season 3 got stripped for parts to save a rewritten Boba Fett, and the obvious curve ball of Cara Dune returning to her home planet rather than sticking around to set up the Rangers of the New Republic spinoff, I'm inclined to give this ok but not great episode a pass. It was all set-up with some borderline retconning, but kicked off with a strong action sequence and the scenes on NahtTattooine were fun (loved Apollo Creed's cape droids!). Hopefully next week starts the real push toward whatever this season's new destination is.

This episode seemed like it was trying to create a million gifs all in one episode.

This is a dead-on critique but I have to think the self-aware guy behind Elf and Iron Man realizes that, has some payoff in mind upcoming? Or maybe you're right, the marketing department is pulling the strings.

This is a dead-on critique but I have to think the self-aware guy behind Elf and Iron Man realizes that, has some payoff in mind upcoming? Or maybe you're right, the marketing department is pulling the strings.
My theory is they are going to show Grogu doing cute things most of the season so when he actually does something that's monumental it almost seems more impactful.

And as to the first part of your post, apparently episode 2 is more focused and we started to really get to work.

I liked parts and other parts felt like tributes to older movies over being good for the show.

Just my two cents its not a bad episode but think its the weakest opening episode we have had yet. Its like a 7/8 our of ten so its not bad but doesn't pull you in like I think the first seasons did

With rumors that the original first episode or two of Season 3 got stripped for parts to save a rewritten Boba Fett, and the obvious curve ball of Cara Dune returning to her home planet rather than sticking around to set up the Rangers of the New Republic spinoff, I'm inclined to give this ok but not great episode a pass. It was all set-up with some borderline retconning, but kicked off with a strong action sequence and the scenes on NahtTattooine were fun Hopefully next week starts the real push toward whatever this season's new destination is.
My theory is they are going to show Grogu doing cute things most of the season so when he actually does something that's monumental it almost seems more impactful.

And as to the first part of your post, apparently episode 2 is more focused and we started to really get to work.

All of which suggests that maybe they should have released ep 1 & 2 back to back to kick start the new season.

General thoughts after episode 2…

- "The Mines of Mandalore" sounds like a DLC...it also feels like it

- Amy Sedaris character is awful and belongs in Sesame Street

- it's beginning to feel like a live action version of a kids cartoon...not in a good way

- "let's get rid of him once and for all...actually let's save him"...nice change of heart with no explanation

- why don't mandalorians build helmets that make it easy to drink and eat given they can't take them off

- it's starting to get to me that Din has zero personality

Reactions: tielo