The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 338 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
From Mikey of MCM on Twitter..

Just heard a rumor from a decent source as to when a soft open for [HASHTAG]#WWoHP[/HASHTAG] may occur...stay tuned...

I feel bad for the people who get turned away for size...me and my uncle are ride enthusiasts but he sometime gets turned away, strangely he can ride a ride at one point during the day but when we go back he can't...but the Kuka arms can't toss past a certain weight limit. So maybe the seats are as big as can be made for still allowing people to board it. I mean the seats alone probably weigh a bit...

Drew let's relax just a rumor & really for anyone to give out that information if a date is 100% set (which I will clearly say one is not at the time of posting) is a bad idea since Universal can change their mind like that if word gets out. This way they can control crowds better if it's not publicly known.

Sorting Hat

I can't believe no one's asked yet, @GIANT if you saw the loading platform then you saw the floating candles and the sorting hat!!! Could you describe them please????? Or at least tell us what you thought of it?

So I've been following this thread for the last couple weeks and 3/4 is about when will soft opening be (The other quarter is people bitching about wands).. Well if you pay close attention UO has release 95% of what you will see at HP (minus the ride and Dragons que).. Everything else you have seen. So guess what maybe they already announce the soft opening date which is *drum roll* May 28th.. Yes thats the day the packages start, but trust me they didnt sale a lot of them, yes there sold out but still.. That gives them 3wks before grand opening to work everything out.

You guys never did get a soft opening for Rock it, you waited in line for 4hrs so UO gave in and took down the walls and the ride wasnt event running correctly.. oh wait its still not lol.

So Im saying May 28th will be the first day of softs, if I'm wrong who cares.. you guys and gals will go on it sooner or later. Its not going anywhere anytime soon.

hey I dont know if this helps but on the myfox video when the cast is walking away from FJ it sounds like Hagrid says "how did they do that?" So either he rode it (and he's rather large) or the others told him about it and he was wondering aloud. Neville says something in a thick accent and I can't decipher it but It sounds like it's about the ride. If anyone wants to investigate with me as I really cannot understand him, but it sounds like a hint at the contents of the ride.

the fox vid has longer shots of them getting off the ride but the Uni vid has better quality

Last edited:
Dr. Raymond those are very good points & I agree that with all those package people it's a great day to start softs. The only real question is will Uni let the general public in with them? & if they do is it possible the star attraction could only be available to the package people? (hard to believe they wold pull that one huh?) there are a lot of ifs & what they may or may not do we really just have to sit & wait because even Uni doesn't have all these answers yet

Dr. Raymond those are very good points & I agree that with all those package people it's a great day to start softs. The only real question is will Uni let the general public in with them? & if they do is it possible the star attraction could only be available to the package people? (hard to believe they wold pull that one huh?) there are a lot of ifs & what they may or may not do we really just have to sit & wait because even Uni doesn't have all these answers yet

I thought there were allow in an hr before opening.. they wont schedule TM's just to work one hr and go home.

Aside from all the Soft Opening speculation.. Im just glad that we are getting EXTREMELY positive reviews of just hogsmeade itself. I have to say i was getting worried when the runtime of FJ was released of only 4 minutes.. there was a point when people were doubting it. But if we have been getting this much fuss about just walking around the village, i can only imagine the ride. 4 minutes or not...

Getting back to the general speculation about what Forbidden Journey will be like, for I while I was wondering how we would leave Hogwarts and be thrown into "The chaos of Harry's life". A WHILE back it was confirmed that we would be traveling by floo network and I came up with a possible with a way this could happen. Possible Spoiler Alert!

: What I think (Wish) will happen is that we will enter a fireplace stop for a second, then wherever we're going will be spoken, fire effects will go, and suddenly our seat will dive into darkness( robot arm drops to first floor of ride, you load on second) and be in a completly different place. However if something like that doesnt happen the ride will generaly be set in hogwarts and its grounds.

I thought there were allow in an hr before opening.. they wont schedule TM's just to work one hr and go home.

True enough but softs are never guaranteed to be all day & work schedules always change. These TMs are trained for other locations so they can always place them else where for part of the day. I would be more concerned about if FJ isn't up to as par & ready as they want it they very well could keep that only open for the hr. (or however long it takes each package person to ride once) or just have it only available to package holders. Things that we would find ridiculous may actually be considered so nothing would surprise me. Do I see the area only open for 1 hr. a day not at all but anything is possible when it comes to how much & how long non package people will experience things.

I just heard from a very reliable source that tomorrow would be a great day to visit IOA ;)

Well your source is WRONG so unless you want to stand in front of a gate all day don't go :) Hate to be cruel but unless something changed from a few hrs. ago I don't want anyone to waste their day standing in front of a gate

It's not acceptable or healthy to be 300lbs. If you can't take care of your body and your health you shouldn't expect other businesses to accommodate you. Plus with the way the ride moves its probably not safe to have something so heavy push against the restraint system during sudden movements.

It's called a factor of safety...all engineering designs are created with a certain factor of safety in mind....and by the way, at 6'7 my doctor doesn't want me below 300 pounds...don't talk about what you don't know.

I can't believe no one's asked yet, @GIANT if you saw the loading platform then you saw the floating candles and the sorting hat!!! Could you describe them please????? Or at least tell us what you thought of it?

I'm being really careful about what I post, but I will say this:

floating candles we've all seen in the pictures...the Room of Requirement looks amazing. The sorting hat is very very cool...it looks amazingly real