Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

I suspect it is possible that the hold up on FJ and softs may not be entirely to do with Uni's reasons... Recall that Jo has final say-so on the entire park including the attractions, especially FJ. While it's a little late to be reworking any plans or designs I could totally see her being very picky when it comes to the finished product. It may be that Uni is "tweaking" FJ to deliver the experience that Jo wants which is not a bad thing for any of us... While some may not agree with her stranglehold of control on this park she is doing what she thinks will deliver the best and most authentic experience so FJ should be no different and can probably only be made better by some final "tweaks" and testing prior to softs/grand opening

--- Update ---

I guess we really just have to wait until May 28th to see what happens.

But Universal keeps going back on a lot of what they told guests coming to the resort around that time at first. One-time Express per day for on-site guests became no Express whatsoever for FJ. One-hour early admission for on-site guests became 30 minutes early admission for hotel guests.. and I don't even see Universal organizing this as well as they should.

Just crossing my fingers for FJ being open. Without FJ, IOA just has a new shopping district.

But we're getting 3 new coasters... aren't we???

They are done tweeking, the movie stars rode the ride.

They are just making sure the system runs smoothly, without any problems and no bugs whatsoever, period.

The ride is fully functional, the ride is easily running at full capacity. With something this complex both in an engineering and programming world, it is a labyritnth of possibilities of what can go wrong. The only way to fix those wrongs is to run the ride non-stop like it would be on a normal park day and have it break down NOW, and not when people are on it.

--- Update ---

I suspect it is possible that the hold up on FJ and softs may not be entirely to do with Uni's reasons... Recall that Jo has final say-so on the entire park including the attractions, especially FJ. While it's a little late to be reworking any plans or designs I could totally see her being very picky when it comes to the finished product. It may be that Uni is "tweaking" FJ to deliver the experience that Jo wants which is not a bad thing for any of us... While some may not agree with her stranglehold of control on this park she is doing what she thinks will deliver the best and most authentic experience so FJ should be no different and can probably only be made better by some final "tweaks" and testing prior to softs/grand opening

--- Update ---

But we're getting 3 new coasters... aren't we???

No we're getting 2 re-themed coasters and a NEW immersive next-gen dark ride.

What i mean is we know that FJ is ridable so whats with all the negativity, some of you OU'ers do like to bring out the worst of every situation :lol:

I'm right there with you. I'm staying positive :) I predicted we'd see softs early this week and I'm sticking to my guns.

I will be there from 5/25-5/29. I will be giving live updates via twitter. My twitter name is ghostrider455.

Awesome! I can't wait! Take many pics and videos! :thumbs:

man i wish i was that ride

:lol: naughty! :rofl:
comment of the day :rep:

I can't believe we're 4 days from the package holders, and nobody has ridden this thing yet, not even the TM's who will be working the ride?? Ok something is up here. What is going on.

I can't believe we're 4 days from the package holders, and nobody has ridden this thing yet, not even the TM's who will be working the ride?? Ok something is up here. What is going on.

Ok I'll tell you the truth but you have to keep it quiet.

There is no ride. UO has been setting us up this entire time. The big building is empty, its a giant breakroom for the TMs. All they built was Hogsmeade and rethemed the 2 coasters. People are so screwed its not even funny.

:rolleyes::p

They are done tweeking, the movie stars rode the ride.

They are just making sure the system runs smoothly, without any problems and no bugs whatsoever, period.

The ride is fully functional, the ride is easily running at full capacity. With something this complex both in an engineering and programming world, it is a labyritnth of possibilities of what can go wrong. The only way to fix those wrongs is to run the ride non-stop like it would be on a normal park day and have it break down NOW, and not when people are on it.

I agree, there is way too much panic on this board and because this board is moving so fast, some people are only reading certain things and flipping out.

Like the person who is coming down for their kids birthday. She thinks because she is not a package holder she won't get into the park at all on the June 18th. That is just not true. Yes, at some point the park will close down because of over capacity, but that will not happen the minute it opens. Be there a 1/2 hour before the park opens and you will be fne. The park is large enough to hold more than just the people that stay at onsite properties. And well over the amount of package holders/people invited for his event.

Just because softs didn't open today, doesn't mean they won't be tomorrow. It also does not mean FJ does not work at all or package holders won't get to ride it. I do think if they don't have softs by Friday that only package holders will get to ride FJ. I don't think they will open it to all the public over a holiday weekend. They want controlled crowds to test FJ out for the first time with actual guests. I think softs will be the package holders if they don't have something before Friday.

It will be interesting to see when Universal opens everything to the public and how long it will be open. I wonder once they get everything open if they will open it up for good before the Grand Opening, or if they close it back down to make the Grand Opening an actual opening. We will see.... but please stop panicking, it causes people to flip out. There is no reason to think FJ is not ready other than they want to make it perfect.

We do not know this. People are only assuming no one has gone on it. We only heard that team members that went to the previews supposedly didn't get to ride FJ. These are Universal team members that work all around the resort, not just those in the WWoHP. For all we know the TMs in the preview could have gone on the ride and had to sign a non-disclosure agreement that prevents them from saying that they went on it with their jobs are on the line. I don't remember hearing from any of the ride operators or any other TMs from FJ, so we don't know if they've gone on the ride. It's all a big unknown right now and people are assuming that because there's no information or ride reports, then it must mean that no one has gone on it. This is not necessarily true ;-)

I know there is a lot of FJ talk going on but can one of you nice friends of mine direct me to a link to the news report from "Legit As Wednesday" that used my Twitter pics I can't seem to find it. Thanks :)

We do not know this. People are only assuming no one has gone on it. We only heard that team members that went to the previews supposedly didn't get to ride FJ. These are Universal team members that work all around the resort, not just those in the WWoHP. For all we know the TMs in the preview could have gone on the ride and had to sign a non-disclosure agreement that prevents them from saying that they went on it with their jobs are on the line. I don't remember hearing from any of the ride operators or any other TMs from FJ, so we don't know if they've gone on the ride. It's all a big unknown right now and people are assuming that because there's no information or ride reports, then it must mean that no one has gone on it. This is not necessarily true ;-)

I concur.

I also concur. No one has a clue what is going on unless you work for Uni on FJ. Or a higher up at Uni, so guessing is pointless. We won't hear anything in advance.

Thanks Teebin :)

Everyone is very right UO has ZERO clue what they are doing it for the most part they really are winging it. In no way was I joking that they change their mind on a hourly basis. This is why if anything is said about anything that they don't want getting out they can change their plans at a moments notice.

conspiracy that the ride is not working which is why no one has ridden it. Emma and the gang were just posing for cameras...

OR

conspiracy that EVERYONE that previewed it has actually ridden it, they just can't talk about it.

rhino as crazy as that 1st one would I assure that that's not the case. I don't even want to imagine what will happen if package people don't get on FJ. I know there was no guarantee but it will not be pretty that's for sure. Speaking of something not good looking how are my fellow pass holders have those pitchforks ready yet? Maybe we should go down there together in one big mob? lol

conspiracy that the ride is not working which is why no one has ridden it. Emma and the gang were just posing for cameras...

OR

conspiracy that EVERYONE that previewed it has actually ridden it, they just can't talk about it.

How about conspiracy that only dinosaurs from jurassic park have ridden it?:shrug:

--- Update ---

rhino as crazy as that 1st one would I assure that that's not the case. I don't even want to imagine what will happen if package people don't get on FJ. I know there was no guarantee but it will not be pretty that's for sure. Speaking of something not good looking how are my fellow pass holders have those pitchforks ready yet? Maybe we should go down there together in one big mob? lol

YES I say we assemble the mob on here then storm the gates while the package holders are having their preview lol. But seriously, I'd be happy with at least some sort of passholder-only time in the wizarding world sometime before June 18th.

In regards to the park closing due to capacity... Has anyone thought that this might mean they limit access into the WWOHP and not the actual park? I mean i'm sure the park will sell out on the 18th. Think about it though... where will most of these people be heading first? It seems logical that universal would have some sort of turnstyle or counter to watch for capacity issues in this section of the park. If they don't do this they will have mass chaos and some serious crowd control issues in those streets and shops.

I think The Wizarding World is going to be a total "cluster F" this entire summer. Which is why Im going to try to get to the park ASAP, and do that area of the park before the massive afternoon crowds swarm in. Im expecting lines outside most of the shops in the afternoon, evening. Quite possible they could set up a turnstyle to get into the WW, but it would be really hard to manage..and they would need to keep a ongoingi count on who is entering and leaving.

OR

No. I know what it is, and I don't know why no one else has figured it out yet.

It's He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. Voldemort has all of the Universal big-wigs under an Imperious Curse. They are torturing us at his bidding.