Cheetah Hunt | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Cheetah Hunt

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What does everyone think, will this be an Intamin or Mack much like Blue Fire?

Personally I am leaning towards Intamin, just wanting to see what everyone is thinking.

^ You are correct the bridge directly to the east(not built yet) of the one pictured will have the coaster pass below it. I guess this bridge will go over an animal habitat.

Actually, I remember when I was looking at the engineering plans, and it seems that there may be a body of water under that bridge.

Wow starting footer work already, I can't get over how fast this is going. Again many thanks to BGTguide for the updates.

The Train's bridge over the "launch trench" looks to be really low, I believe that means the trench will be REALLY deep, or the coaster will go over it (like Maverick's lift I would hope). But both have a problem... if the train goes under, than like I said, it would be really a deep trench and the train's bridge doesn't really look that strong to support it; if it goes over, what's the point of the trench? Am I not seeing something, or am I just going crazy?

Does anyone know (or a rough estimate) of when a formal announcement will be made from BG about the coaster? Over the summer maybe?

Does anyone know (or a rough estimate) of when a formal announcement will be made from BG about the coaster? Over the summer maybe?

Probably not going to be until the end of the summer rush. My guess would be mid to late September post labor day.

Thanks for posting that hatetofly! I've been skipping the updates for almost a month and have finally checked that one out and I'm impressed. The progress is just extremely swift on Busch Garden's part. I'm curious to see when we finally spot the first car/piece of track.

From the Sea World and Busch Garden's Passport Pulse:

Be one of the first to discover unique animals indigenous to the Land Down Under at Busch Gardens’ new Walkabout Way, an immersive animal attraction opening in June. Here you will be able to hand-feed kangaroos and free-roaming wallabies, laugh along with a kookaburra and meet other Australian animals. You'll find a daily feeding schedule at the park’s entrance, then come by to purchase a cup of food and be a part of our newest way to connect with the natural world. Don’t forget to show your Platinum, 2 Year or 1 Year Passport and take advantage of your discount.

images_Story4_02.jpg

Schedule of feedings is available each day at the park’s entrance. The cost for a cup of food is $5. The experience is available to ages 5 and older.

This confirms the name of the area that was talked about a couple weeks ago with the permit found some time back.

Last edited:
Reactions: mantaguy
Well, there was a little informatino shared in the UK yesterday.

Plans for Busch Gardens have been kept under wraps but the park has revealed that guests will “feel the spirit, feel the speed.” The all-new attraction will combine new adventures and up-close animal encounters. "Guests know that a visit to any of our parks brings them closer to the world we share,” said SeaWorlds Parks & Entertainment President and Chief Operating Officer Jim Atchison. “It's our culture and our heritage to bring quality entertainment and thrills, support conservation efforts and offer guests a real sense of discovery and learning."

http://www.traveldaily.co.uk/AsiaPacificNews/Detail.aspx?Section=19180