The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 437 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Also I think universal should not let people ride this until it's actually working. 20 mins and then it breaks down for the day? That's terrible

Yeah, but considering they have to let people in each morning, due to the package, they might as well try. Besides, this gives them practice for loading/unloading. And it's not like they intend for these things to happen; they just do. So for you to say it's terrible that they are finally letting park guests ride Forbidden Journey, regardless of how quickly it shuts down, I find rather silly.

Ok, now that this park is virtually open... It is time to move onto other things so as engineer on the project, I have put the following proposal to UC. We will tear down "The Watering Hole" and reroute traffic in a southwestern direction from the bridge into JP. "The Watering Hole" was never THAT popular and there are plenty of other places in the park to bang down a brewsky. So, ponder my rerouting of the JP path below and let me know your thoughts. (and be pleasant)

jp_redux.jpg

http://yfrog.com/j9oiwj

A closeup of Teebin's kitty's friend who escaped the plate! :lol:

Poor transfigured pussycat... Someone should get video of him as I understand that he is very attracted to Hermione's dress...

Last edited:
It's true that an obstruction can cause something to go down but also we may have to look at their down time procedures in this phase.....are the engineers the only ones to work on the ride or does UO maitnance have the building.....what was the initial cause and effect for the ride and so on.......sometimes ride down times are simple a hat on a sensor or something silly others could be "connector A and podium 55 sequence does not agree. cause blah blah blab...." with something like the second the people have to research it see if there were any warning and so on it really can be a drawn out process

You can be sure that EVERY engineer and maintenance tech that has knowledge of this ride is on it 24/7.
They have cycled this thing rather successfully without the added variable of riders for days.
The FX in the ride are the least of their worries. The safety routines and procedures are tight and will take some time to smooth out. The need for evacs are reduced every time they run. Those that ride at all should expect to have a minimal experience.
Now if you're tech geeks, this is a festival! You're most likely to get to see the mechanics behind it.
Eventually it will all be magic -
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
Arthur C. Clarke, "Profiles of The Future", 1961 (Clarke's third law)

Until then, we will have to remember that we are all muggles and it will take time for UO's talent to perfect their charms.

. So, ponder my rerouting of the JP path below and let me know your thoughts. (and be pleasant)

Count me in! But I have a feeling Universal would say no -- even if they stumbled upon a pot of gold to pay for it -- because The Watering Hole = profit.

Now if there was a way to do this without tearing it down, that'd be a different story.

Now then . . . is the temporary bridge now the "other" bridge? I was under the impression that it's here to stay (for at least the summer, any ways).

so they have a souvenir cup for the soda
a souvenir cup for icees
a souvenir cup for butterbeer
a souvenir cup for hogshead
and the souvenir pilsner

geez they need an everything cup lol

Count me in! But I have a feeling Universal would say no -- even if they stumbled upon a pot of gold to pay for it -- because The Watering Hole = profit.
Now if there was a way to do this without tearing it down, that'd be a different story.
Now then . . . is the temporary bridge now the "other" bridge? I was under the impression that it's here to stay (for at least the summer, any ways).

The Watering Hole doesn't make that much money from what I have seen. I have always thought cocktails and beer should be served on the JP terrace down by the waterfront. Nice lil tables with umbrellas and serving the hard stuff... now that's money! A rolling bar would provide for that.

As to the temp bridge.. well, it is referred to as "Temporary Bridge" in the comptroller docs and it certainly feels temporary. I will have to revisit the comptroller docs to see what has been posted since January.

Regardless, we are going to have to tear down the watering hole. We can work together on this to find a compromise for other drinking locations... ok?

Just a reminder that this is Memorial day weekend which is always a high capacity weekend for all the theme parks in town. This is probably part of the reason for the masses of people in addition to WWOHP.

From @attractions:

Leaving Wizarding World. Talked to Alan Gilmore. He said Forbidden Journey ride is 99% ready. Just a few minor issues to work out.

99% ready for what??? While I am confident they will work out the glitches, to say 99% for a ride that shuts down after 30 minutes seems a bit optimistic doesn't it?

Where are the reviews?! Where are the detailed accounts of The Forbidden Journey. I realize that only a few people have ridden due to the short times it's been open, but I thought in today's social media era, we'd have detailed accounts from many sources by now. Hmmm?

99% ready for what??? While I am confident they will work out the glitches, to say 99% for a ride that shuts down after 30 minutes seems a bit optimistic doesn't it?

this is the same guy that said "what building" ...

and i wonder how many more times he said "immersive"

everytime i hear that i want to smack someone on the head, it's such an annoying posh term

Their Hat is stuck where? Their hat fell off during the ride? I think stuff falling off from people could be what is stopping the ride. Ride tracks are very sensitive to obstructions.

Stuck on their ride vehicle, sorry. He couldn't get it yet because their vehicle had still not cycled to the point where they could get his hat.

Where are the reviews?! Where are the detailed accounts of The Forbidden Journey. I realize that only a few people have ridden due to the short times it's been open, but I thought in today's social media era, we'd have detailed accounts from many sources by now. Hmmm?

Calm down. They're probably right around the corner.

seems this is as close as you actually get to Dumbledore's office

4649895207_d2be67f06d.jpg

--- Update ---

pic of the gang

4650513310_4049886598.jpg

it does look they are there indeed

very cool

--- Update ---

i bet teebin would love to get his hands on those goldprints

4650511506_0eec2ffbaa.jpg