Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear | Page 66 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
[/COLOR]The headless Horseman IN UPSTATE NY by far is just like hhn minus the rides. And the bates motel and haunted hayride in philly is right up their in 3rd place.

OK, I'm a lurker who belongs to another forum, but checks this one regularly and this caught my eye. Do you REALLY think the Headless Horseman in Ulster Park is that great? I live right in Poughkeepsie about 15min away and have gone many times the past 15+ years and didn't think it was all that special. Was pretty surprised to see your comment about it.

I can't take the suspense nothing new on the website, or LT.....I need something, I mean we don't even have a clue as to what the houses or scarezone are going to be at least last year's teaser site gave us half of what was going to be at the event....this year not so much ):

From the sounds of it, the reunion house is in the parade building which would make 2 years straight that the icon house will be there, there is definately enough height to do a 2 story house, will they? its hard to say because of the logistics of it.

Or they could use more of the parade building if not the entire thing, because I'm almost positive they don't use much of it for the houses.

Well they use half of the parade building if my info is correct, with the other half having the parade floats, which is why the houses in there take a u-turn sort of path.

Wow I have been gone for two days and about 4 of these pages where nothing but crap and fighting. :(

I can't take the suspense nothing new on the website, or LT.....I need something, I mean we don't even have a clue as to what the houses or scarezone are going to be at least last year's teaser site gave us half of what was going to be at the event....this year not so much ):

I think the second-to-last update that reviles alot of theme will do that. I have noticed Universal has been doing this for the last 2 years so will Universal do this again? :shrug:

About the mega house, I agree alot with everyone and more than likey it will be in and using ALL of the Parade Building.

Anyway, the newist HNN (From yesterday):

[video=youtube;hFDe_FPd03Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFDe_FPd03Y&playnext=1&videos=ziUOWj6uQJo&feature=sub[/video]

Last edited:
Hang in there man, just a day or two longer and we should have an update. I'm going through the same withdrawal as you and agree that the lack of info can be maddenning. Just a day or two more.

The headless Horseman IN UPSTATE NY by far is just like hhn minus the rides. And the bates motel and haunted hayride in philly is right up their in 3rd place.

Getting off Topic for a bit. I went to headless horseman last year. This place is WAAAAY overhyped and overpriced. I think the tickets were $40 and extremely not worth that price.This place was very disorganized as well. Even if you bought your tickets online you would have to pick them up at the ticket window along with the other thousand or two people. No line set up to the ticket windows either. I'm sure this resulted in fights during the season. They're haunted houses are basically in small sheds with very un-energetic actors. I'm gonna down this place every chance I get. If your in the north east hit up the trail of terror for a real haunted house experience. Spend an hour or so walking, crawling, feeling, and sliding through their woods! Extremely well done with many unique scenes. Comparable to a funhouse on crack.

Last edited:
OK, I'm a lurker who belongs to another forum, but checks this one regularly and this caught my eye. Do you REALLY think the Headless Horseman in Ulster Park is that great? I live right in Poughkeepsie about 15min away and have gone many times the past 15+ years and didn't think it was all that special. Was pretty surprised to see your comment about it.

well i say the bates motel and haunted hayride was a very dark haunted house. check that one out

--- Update ---

Have they ever had a 3D house at hhn?

So sad that we know nothing yet, i feel like all the construction workers and employees working on this project are laughing at us. Does anyone think the construction people have a clue what kind of houses they are working on

I hope that when the website updates fully it's something similar to the site for XIV. While I loved the process of watching Dr. Agana grow and develop into Bloody Mary, the site for XIV is sort of the standard to what I hold HHN sites to. The supplementary info gives away just enough to build the story and a sense of mystery surrounding the event.

Thought this was interesting so
hiring.jpg

More than one, the most recent being in 2007, 'Jack's Fun House of Fear'.

that was the only house i didn't go into that year, how was it?

--- Update ---

Yes, they have held several 3D haunted houses at Halloween Horror Nights Orlando, the last one being in 2007.

were you a fan of any? i wonder if they have a 3D house if they have to get more permits or they have to make the houses less scary for compliance reasons

that was the only house i didn't go into that year, how was it?

Worst house that year, It was thrown together with a small budget and you could tell. Those new line houses gobbled up some major dough that year.

on the fb page they said they might not announce the themes till opening day?????????????????????????????????

I heard something like that a month ago but as much as it doesn't make sense, it kind of makes sense. People are going to buy the tickets to the event without even caring what the theme is because they know its going to be bananas this year. I doubt it will happen but as most of you have said that this is the only year that people have actually had no idea what the theme is.

put everything on the board and you'll see that we still have nothing.

--- Update ---

anyone know how much they make a year? you all know every other question

on the fb page they said they might not announce the themes till opening day?????????????????????????????????

I heard something like that a month ago but as much as it doesn't make sense, it kind of makes sense. People are going to buy the tickets to the event without even caring what the theme is because they know its going to be bananas this year. I doubt it will happen but as most of you have said that this is the only year that people have actually had no idea what the theme is.

put everything on the board and you'll see that we still have nothing.

--- Update ---

anyone know how much they make a year? you all know every other question

Actually, only us fanboys will probably buy a ticket no matter what. I hear regular people complaining about how stupid the theme for HHN and Howl-O-Scream is every year when they do know the theme.