The Incredible Hulk Roller Coaster | Page 43 | Inside Universal Forums

The Incredible Hulk Roller Coaster

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

I think Universal will refurb the Hulk:

• Total voters
Maybe they are just going to paint it in the period in between presidents day and spring break?

Can't since they are back to back to each other. Different parts of the country go on SB at different times and the last week of Feb is the first week of them. They need to paint it now if they want to get it done.

Did that news release ever come out? Or maybe they put it on their website only?

Hello everyone I work on the Incredible Hulk coaster, Hulk is scheduled to be repainted this year I cannot tell you the date though. Thank you.

I was just at the parks the past couple of days and I believe Hulk has gotten a new train as the train in question had huge white twist ties on each cart and it kept on cycling empty. Does anyone know more about a possible new train in the last couple of days.

Every year, each of the trains goes through a rehab process where they get taken completely apart, checked for stress problems, and put back together. The trains get cleaned up as well. Once they are put back on the track, they need to run through a certain number of cycles before anyone is allowed to ride. Also, the reason that you might see that there are almost always 3 trains on at any given time is that there are more than 3 Hulk trains on the property.

Hello everyone I work on the Incredible Hulk coaster, Hulk is scheduled to be repainted this year I cannot tell you the date though. Thank you.

That's good to hear, but this year has all but been confirmed by other sources. If you work on Hulk you need to come at us stronger than that dude :lol:

Most time you need the tempature above a certain degree for the paint to bond, so most likely it should happen in the daytime. JMO. I am not a Doctor I just play one on TV.

Typically that temperature is 40 degrees F. But, there are plenty of products that will do just fine at lower temperatures. It's also important to note that it isn't air, or ambient temperature, but the surface temperature of the steel itself. There should be no issues unless it was like it was the week after Christmas. If I knew what process they were doing, I could tell you exactly what they would need in terms of environment, time, and containment. But alas, we will have to guess at that until it begins.

That's good to hear, but this year has all but been confirmed by other sources. If you work on Hulk you need to come at us stronger than that dude :lol:

My point exact. We can't take words, we need some proof. Can you tell us more and maybe show a pic.

Typically that temperature is 40 degrees F. But, there are plenty of products that will do just fine at lower temperatures. It's also important to note that it isn't air, or ambient temperature, but the surface temperature of the steel itself. There should be no issues unless it was like it was the week after Christmas. If I knew what process they were doing, I could tell you exactly what they would need in terms of environment, time, and containment. But alas, we will have to guess at that until it begins.

Besides, Florida hardly ever goes below 40*F. I don't think temp is a factor here. :lol:

Should be some news about Hulk in the coming weeks I hope.

From Screamscape:
A Screamscape reader took a VIP tour at Universal Orlando this week and during the tour, behind the scenes in the Spiderman area, they noticed a large familiar looking figure of the Incredible Hulk nearby… still wrapped up, but we can expect to see it put on display soon I think.

2011_0201_Hulk2.jpg

Hopefully that gets put in front of the ride, and looks to be pretty impressive.