Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Legoland Florida

It'll be interesting to see how this park actually does.... I do agree that it is off the beaten path and it's a bit of a drive from the Disney/Universal/I Drive properties. I think it will be more popular with locals. I work at a hospital near the new Legoland and they are advertising it for employee discounts. They never do anything like that for Disney/Universal so I truly believe this is a target for more of local people and the vacationers who rent out the Condos for weeks/months at a time...
Needless to say I'm pretty anxious to see success of this park. We'll definitely be there to check it out upon opening! :)

I got invited to Legoland Florida to take an arial tour of the park and I also got to interview Adrian Jones, the park manager. I must say I thought they would have been a lot further ahead than they really are, but construction is going along great it seems. The park is unrecognizable compared to what it used to look like, but it's impressive looking.

Check out photos and the interview with Adrian here.

Later on I'll post my video from inside the helicopter as well as the video interview.

It'll be interesting to see how this park actually does.... I do agree that it is off the beaten path and it's a bit of a drive from the Disney/Universal/I Drive properties. I think it will be more popular with locals. I work at a hospital near the new Legoland and they are advertising it for employee discounts. They never do anything like that for Disney/Universal so I truly believe this is a target for more of local people and the vacationers who rent out the Condos for weeks/months at a time...
Needless to say I'm pretty anxious to see success of this park. We'll definitely be there to check it out upon opening! :)

Because they don't have to, not belittling Legoland just stating it the way I see it. I may go once but no way am I paying full price.

Arial tour how cool was that?!

Because they don't have to, not belittling Legoland just stating it the way I see it. I may go once but no way am I paying full price.

Arial tour how cool was that?!

It was amazing. I've never been in a helicopter before, so it was something new for me.

On the subject of ticketing and money, in an interview with Adrian Jones yesterday, he stated the park won't rely on millions upon millions of visitors and they're going to plant the seed and watch it grow. However, he also said if the park isn't making any money, they won't be doing anything with the water park or adding a hotel or anything like that. Kind of a catch-22 if you ask me.

[video=youtube;Z75u78ZDOvg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z75u78ZDOvg[/video]

Orlando Attractions magazine posted this today. "Helicopter tour above Legoland Florida - Construction Update for March"

It was amazing. I've never been in a helicopter before, so it was something new for me.

On the subject of ticketing and money, in an interview with Adrian Jones yesterday, he stated the park won't rely on millions upon millions of visitors and they're going to plant the seed and watch it grow. However, he also said if the park isn't making any money, they won't be doing anything with the water park or adding a hotel or anything like that. Kind of a catch-22 if you ask me.

Yes it is, I see this as a up hill battle.

--- Update ---

[video=youtube;Z75u78ZDOvg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z75u78ZDOvg[/video]

Orlando Attractions magazine posted this today. "Helicopter tour above Legoland Florida - Construction Update for March"

looks like lots of work to be done!

From the Orlando Sentinel, "When Legoland Florida opens, there will be a shuttle running every day from the Orlando Premium Outlets in Lake Buena Vista. There will be a “minimal fee” for the transportation."

From the Orlando Sentinel, "When Legoland Florida opens, there will be a shuttle running every day from the Orlando Premium Outlets in Lake Buena Vista. There will be a “minimal fee” for the transportation."

That is definitely something smart of them...now if there was only a train that would do that too........ :lol:

From Orlando Sentinel

Legoland Florida has picked 10 hotels that will be part of the new theme park’s “Bed & Brick” preferred lodging program, including several hotels in the Orlando area.

Central Florida properties listed on the park’s web site include the Nickelodeon Suites Resort near Walt Disney World; the Tuscana Condominium Resort at ChampionsGate; Comfort Suites Maingate East in Kissimmee; and the Mona Lisa Suite Hotel in Celebration.

Legoland unveiled its hotel partner program this past October, saying the price of participation would vary depending on the level of sponsorship. Sponsorships ranged from $7,500 for a bronze-level hotel to $20,000 for a gold-level property, the park said at the time.

During the October presentation, Legoland said it had space for 13 hotels in the program. Other hotels listed on the Bed & Brick Web site include the Best Western Park View Hotel adjacent to park; the Holiday Inn Winter Haven; Days Inn Winter Haven; Best Western Auburndale Inn & Suites; Hampton Inn Suites Lake Wales; and Hampton Inn Winter Haven.

A legoland representative came and spoke to my class yesterday. Here's some things he mentioned that I found interesting. :)

- Parking is their biggest issue right now. They don't think they have enough.
- They're legofying the garden. By this I mean, keeping the original but adding some legotype things in and around there too.
- It's a 6-7 hour park. So, longer than an Animal Kingdom half day, but shorter than a Magic Kingdom full day.
- They plan to have special events like "Brick-or-treat" during Halloween time. (But probably not this year, since they'll still be dealing with opening.)
- They'll be hiring in late august, if anyone wants a job.
- Don't buy an annual pass if you're above the age of 16 and don't have children.

And the most shocking thing to me was that people actually buy those lifetime passes! He said about 300 in EACH Legoland park have been sold. Crazy.

I think Disney/Universal's would be more worth it. Unless you're crazy about legos, I don't see why that many people would buy it. It was just a surprise to me.

From Legoland Florida's Facebook:
We've started pouring sidewalks ... indeed, it's the little things that make us happy:) Next up: Dragon Coaster track is being prepped for install - pics coming soon!

A legoland representative came and spoke to my class yesterday. Here's some things he mentioned that I found interesting. :)

- Parking is their biggest issue right now. They don't think they have enough.
- They're legofying the garden. By this I mean, keeping the original but adding some legotype things in and around there too.
- It's a 6-7 hour park. So, longer than an Animal Kingdom half day, but shorter than a Magic Kingdom full day.
- They plan to have special events like "Brick-or-treat" during Halloween time. (But probably not this year, since they'll still be dealing with opening.)
- They'll be hiring in late august, if anyone wants a job.
- Don't buy an annual pass if you're above the age of 16 and don't have children.

And the most shocking thing to me was that people actually buy those lifetime passes! He said about 300 in EACH Legoland park have been sold. Crazy.

If you're above the age 16 and don't have children, should we even buy a ticket? I'm slightly confused as to whether there would be enough for adults without children to warrant a visit.