Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Blue Man Group

I wouldn't worry about Blue Man Group going anywhere soon. They're considered highly successful by both Universal and Blue Man. In fact, the Orlando show is now considered the cornerstone Blue Man show by Blue Man Group.

The student tickets do have to be purchased on day of show and there are some exclusions (some shows that the offer is not valid due to other events, etc.). You do need to have your student ID with you, and you're limited to two tickets per ID. Usually if you get to the box office early enough, you can still get good seats most days. There really are no bad seats in the theatre. Unlike many theatres, for instance, the stage at the Sharp Aquos is as wide as the house (seats) so there are no really limited views (no places where you miss anything going on in a particular part of the stage). I actually prefer to sit further back too, since the Blue Men do a lot of running through the audience and it's easier to see their antics from back a ways. Their movements and even their facial expressions are pretty broad so you don't really lose that much intimacy away from the stage. It's a really small house too, so the back row is really not that far back.

I understand that BMG had a initial 5 year agreement with UNI so they are not going anywhere for at least a couple of years.

I understand that BMG had a initial 5 year agreement with UNI so they are not going anywhere for at least a couple of years.

Yes but the agreement was almost up and they almost did pull out due to really bad sales... ticket sales have turned around alittle... they have signed a new agreement and the show is set for some new changes in September 2011... Student ID and UO IDs still $30 a ticket up to 2 tickets on the same day. They also now have a VIP upgrade for the show.

VIP is $20 extra per person. Each VIP Guest gets - 2 free drinks pre show in the VIP room which you have access to 45 min before show. free program and after show meet and greet with 1 blue man

Yup! I can confirm everything wdwbiged said. NYC is planning show updates Spet-or last as early October 2011, they did renew contracts with Universal, so that could be for either a 3 or 5 year agreement, not sure. My wife and I, The Insiders, are supposed to cover and film the new VIP lounge as promotional efforts within the blue man community. I'll be sure to post those pictures and video once I get everything squared away. The VIP is really worth it, you get 2 free alcoholic drinks, free program and a private meet and greet with a blue man from the show you saw. Program is $10, drinks range $8-10. It really is a good deal for the VIP access you get.

Yup! I can confirm everything wdwbiged said. NYC is planning show updates Spet-or last as early October 2011, they did renew contracts with Universal, so that could be for either a 3 or 5 year agreement, not sure. My wife and I, The Insiders, are supposed to cover and film the new VIP lounge as promotional efforts within the blue man community. I'll be sure to post those pictures and video once I get everything squared away. The VIP is really worth it, you get 2 free alcoholic drinks, free program and a private meet and greet with a blue man from the show you saw. Program is $10, drinks range $8-10. It really is a good deal for the VIP access you get.

Whoooooooo!!!! Soon! We'll have more videos and pics soon! Can't wait!

It will be interesting haring what new york is going to do... since they do have such an intament theater (I loved it there... also was my first show)

NYC has already changed to new show material, as well as Chicago and Boston. Soon to be Vegas in 2012 when Blue Man move from The Venetian to the Monte Carlo. NYC has updated their show with 60% all new material.

NYC has already changed to new show material, as well as Chicago and Boston. Soon to be Vegas in 2012 when Blue Man move from The Venetian to the Monte Carlo. NYC has updated their show with 60% all new material.

monte carlo? dang... they wont leave vegas but they do like to move around do they...

Wow, does that mean Lance Burton is no longer going to be at Monte Carlo? I thought Blue Man at Venetian wasn't a good fit anyways. To me they are better suited in NYNY, MGM, PH, or Wynn. Something more modern.

Rotcav, when it comes to being a BMGI, is that something you volunteer, or a job you get hired for? I'm a HUGE BMG enthusiast and I bought their first music CD before they ever blew up to what they are today.

Wow, does that mean Lance Burton is no longer going to be at Monte Carlo? I thought Blue Man at Venetian wasn't a good fit anyways. To me they are better suited in NYNY, MGM, PH, or Wynn. Something more modern.

Rotcav, when it comes to being a BMGI, is that something you volunteer, or a job you get hired for? I'm a HUGE BMG enthusiast and I bought their first music CD before they ever blew up to what they are today.

Lance Burton's contract ends Summer 2012, that's when Blue Man Group's contract with The Venetian ends as well. Even though Blue Man and Venetian are both great companies together, Blue Man just doesn't fit the Venetian theme and style. Monte Carlo will be totally gutting their main theater space, and building an all new remodeled theater just for Blue Man Group.

Everyone in Vegas moves around a lot, it's all about contracts.

As for being a Blue Man Group Insider, it's not anything you volunteer for, it's a full time job, and both me and the wife are physical employees of Blue Man Productions, NYC. I landed the job as Insider after owning and running their official online fan base at bluemanfans.com for over 10 years. All promotions, fan giveaways, contests, fan meets, event planning, company leaks, insider info was released on my site first in partnership with BMG. When I moved to Orlando, I took portions of the site down to save on money due to moving costs. Blue Man Group founder Chris Wink called me and offered me and my wife the job of Insiders. We're the only two, and we're pretty much their go to audience relations marketing group for certain programs they've launched on tour in the US theatrical venues. Hope that helps explain it a little better. Sorry for giving out a link, I know it's against board rules, but I felt it was valid to explain a little insight.

Lance Burton's contract ends Summer 2012, that's when Blue Man Group's contract with The Venetian ends as well. Even though Blue Man and Venetian are both great companies together, Blue Man just doesn't fit the Venetian theme and style. Monte Carlo will be totally gutting their main theater space, and building an all new remodeled theater just for Blue Man Group.

Everyone in Vegas moves around a lot, it's all about contracts.

As for being a Blue Man Group Insider, it's not anything you volunteer for, it's a full time job, and both me and the wife are physical employees of Blue Man Productions, NYC. I landed the job as Insider after owning and running their official online fan base at bluemanfans.com for over 10 years. All promotions, fan giveaways, contests, fan meets, event planning, company leaks, insider info was released on my site first in partnership with BMG. When I moved to Orlando, I took portions of the site down to save on money due to moving costs. Blue Man Group founder Chris Wink called me and offered me and my wife the job of Insiders. We're the only two, and we're pretty much their go to audience relations marketing group for certain programs they've launched on tour in the US theatrical venues. Hope that helps explain it a little better. Sorry for giving out a link, I know it's against board rules, but I felt it was valid to explain a little insight.

Wow, I wonder where Lance Burton will be moving too, he's been a legend in Vegas for the longest and at the Monte Carlo forever..oh well, HE would be a good fit at Venetian, but he needs some new tricks and freshen up his show a bit too.

When it comes to being a BMGI, thats pretty damn cool if I say so myself. I love BMG, and I'm hoping the US tour comes down here to the Miami/Ft Lauderdale area again.

Wow, I wonder where Lance Burton will be moving too, he's been a legend in Vegas for the longest and at the Monte Carlo forever..oh well, HE would be a good fit at Venetian, but he needs some new tricks and freshen up his show a bit too.

When it comes to being a BMGI, thats pretty damn cool if I say so myself. I love BMG, and I'm hoping the US tour comes down here to the Miami/Ft Lauderdale area again.

I think the closest this NAT production came to Florida was when they came to Atlanta, GA. Did you know Blue Man was in Miami? Of course you have be on a cruise ship called the EPIC, but yeah! I hear there are some great deals on cruises these days for the 2011 fall/winter season.

Also, Blue Man done so well on this tour, they are doing a second leg with more dates. That is supposed to kick up this fall, so who knows, perhaps Blue Man will come to southern Florida!
drumbone.gif

I think the closest this NAT production came to Florida was when they came to Atlanta, GA. Did you know Blue Man was in Miami? Of course you have be on a cruise ship called the EPIC, but yeah! I hear there are some great deals on cruises these days for the 2011 fall/winter season.

Also, Blue Man done so well on this tour, they are doing a second leg with more dates. That is supposed to kick up this fall, so who knows, perhaps Blue Man will come to southern Florida!
drumbone.gif

Well I actually work for a competing cruise line :lol: So I usually stick to our ships when I cruise :lol: But I've wondered about the production they do on board.

drumbone.gif

Amazing Smile lol

I think we had talked about it here that BMG would have show changes before then end of this year a little bird has told me now the Changes have been pushed back and BMG Orlando Will close for 3 weeks in January to update the show...