Halloween Horror Nights 21: Your Luck Has Run Out | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 21: Your Luck Has Run Out

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I doubt most of that stuff would happen. Extreme House has been a rumor for a very long time, and MAYBE since HOS pulled off a "pay for" house with Alone, that HHN might try their luck at it this year, who knows.

First NEVER EVER NEVER EVER will HHN or HOS go to a 18 and above only crowd period... That is the beginning of showing this guy is a nut case. and he discussed when HHN had 2 houses in Earthquake que. UHm that never happened either. Don't believe 3/4 of the stuff you see. There was talk years ago of an Extreme House at HHN it even made the news. We discussed it on our Behind the Screams tour and there was a number of elements proposed for that house that the Dr mentioned. The Problem was that Universal realized that things like that are a bigger liability then the insurance risk. Sign any waiver you want get hurt see how quick some one lawyers up and Universal pays out.

We were told on Unmasking the Horror that each house has to do between 1200 to 1600 guest an hour. Think about this as you read crazy rumors. ALone at HOS was done in a way that you were in caged but you never had to crawl even though they made you think you were going to have to. If and When HHN does an extreme upcharge house it will be done as safe as there other houses...

First NEVER EVER NEVER EVER will HHN or HOS go to a 18 and above only crowd period... That is the beginning of showing this guy is a nut case. and he discussed when HHN had 2 houses in Earthquake que. UHm that never happened either. Don't believe 3/4 of the stuff you see. There was talk years ago of an Extreme House at HHN it even made the news. We discussed it on our Behind the Screams tour and there was a number of elements proposed for that house that the Dr mentioned. The Problem was that Universal realized that things like that are a bigger liability then the insurance risk. Sign any waiver you want get hurt see how quick some one lawyers up and Universal pays out.

We were told on Unmasking the Horror that each house has to do between 1200 to 1600 guest an hour. Think about this as you read crazy rumors. ALone at HOS was done in a way that you were in caged but you never had to crawl even though they made you think you were going to have to. If and When HHN does an extreme upcharge house it will be done as safe as there other houses...
I think that it was just another stupid April fools joke...too bad it comes once a year [/sarcasm]

Big time April fools joke.... Lets just stick to what we know for fact and cut out the fake (EX: Any icon returning. :lol:)

Big time April fools joke.... Lets just stick to what we know for fact and cut out the fake (EX: Any icon returning. :lol:)

There will be naked people. The Xtreme Fear will be a topless woman. The gay pride parade will feature homosexual vampires simulating sexual acts. GWAR splatters blood and semen on it’s crowds
The last line is a dead giveaway

In reference to the website, hasn't the previous year's site normally been brought down by now to be replaced by the generic placeholder site? I may be jumping the gun a bit, but I could have sworn that the prior year's site was gone this time last year.

Haha, I was pretty much sure it was a joke from the beginning.
I just felt the fourm was dead, (no pun intended) saw this and felt it could be a fun discussion.
Anyhow, any legitimate news about this year?

Haha, I was pretty much sure it was a joke from the beginning.
I just felt the fourm was dead, (no pun intended) saw this and felt it could be a fun discussion.
Anyhow, any legitimate news about this year?

Nope, but we should start hearing some rumblings soon.

Consider the following a guideline for how each year of Horror Nights usually unfolds.

April: The website refreshes with a generic page garnished with pictures of years past and a hodge podge of quotes from the press. In recent years, the page has featured the "HHN Archive," first crafted in 2006, revised for each passing year.

May: A vague teaser page is placed on the website. Rumors begin to swirl as construction on the mazes proceeds and the marketing material is finalized.

June to July: The event's theme is teased and fleshed out with a batch of web-page updates. Auditions are held. Construction continues.

August: Website updates continue and lead up to a press release, unveiled by Universal, confirming the teased theme. The website is updated, revealing the theme and the roster of scarezones, haunted mazes, and shows. Marketing begins with billboards, TV spots, and advertisement tie-ins with a variety of products and establishments (towards the end of August).

September: Marketing campaign goes into full force . Scarezone construction begins, but stagnates until after "Rock The Universe" transpires (typically, the second week of September). Employee night transpires. Changes are made accordingly, leading up to the event's opening.

Consider the following a guideline for how each year of Horror Nights usually unfolds.

April: The website refreshes with a generic page garnished with pictures of years past and a hodge podge of quotes from the press. In recent years, the page has featured the "HHN Archive," first crafted in 2006, revised for each passing year.

May: A vague teaser page is placed on the website. Rumors begin to swirl as construction on the mazes proceeds and the marketing material is finalized.

June to July: The event's theme is teased and fleshed out with a batch of web-page updates. Auditions are held. Construction continues.

August: Website updates continue and lead up to a press release, unveiled by Universal, confirming the teased theme. The website is updated, revealing the theme and the roster of scarezones, haunted mazes, and shows. Marketing begins with billboards, TV spots, and advertisement tie-ins with a variety of products and establishments (towards the end of August).

September: Marketing campaign goes into full force . Scarezone construction begins, but stagnates until after "Rock The Universe" transpires (typically, the second week of September). Employee night transpires. Changes are made accordingly, leading up to the event's opening.

Its almost as good as the months leading up to Christmas :lol:

True that. Now all we need are HHN specials on TV. How Jack the Clown Stole Halloween could be a classic!

Oh-boy you got me going... :lol:

Narrated By: The Storyteller

Staring

Jack the Clown: Grin-e
Cindy: Cindy Die Who
The Caretaker: Cut Cut Who
Bloody Mary: Bloodly Cut Who
Usher: Officer Carna-Who
Eddy: Mayor Intestines Mayham-who
Terra Queen: Terra Night Whovier

Directeted by: The Director
Casting: Fear
Extras: All Scare-who's
Producer: Darkness

:pound:

Last edited:
A few discussion points in the meantime before any official news hits.

1) The houses in the Jaws queue are generally viewed as weak (though I personally enjoyed Saw in '09 and Orfanage in '10). Since the location will most likely be used again, what can be done to improve it? More actors? Better effects? New layout?

2) 2010 saw the exit of the old icons, but Universal will probably see the monetary value of one or a few of them returning in the future. Who should return and when? What kind of storyline do you envision? Or should they return at all?

3) Returning to IOA comes up a lot, but Harry Potter now factors into the decision. It's not likely J.K. Rowling would approve a scary makeover for the Wizarding World, so what should be done? Keep it open and untouched if HHN returns? Does the vast number of crowds become a problem? Maybe even keep it roped off entirely even though WWOHP brings in a lot of money?