Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Cheetah Hunt

First, awesome update, nice clear pictures!
Second, I have felt very positive towards this ride (sans the name), but what were they thinking with the banner selection? The only banners I like are the ones around the station (and the cheetah banner looks like junk, it looks washed out already and doesn't fit the look of the others. This picture really bothered me as the banners were shown in art as being large and beautiful.
May102011228.jpg

This and the other banners look really small next the the supports and they look like they should fill out more space inside the supports. It kinda bothers me.

The banners do look small. Kinda hard to see the speed..its so quiet and less intimidating when there arent people screaming.

On those videos there is ONE person riding it, 2nd row on the front train.

But to me it seems a little slower then I expected :inquisitive: Is that full speed??

That would mean that they would have to test it for 125 days 24/7. :lol: Did you mean 300?

The trains combined will make 3000 passes before the public is allowed to board, hence why Intraride will be turning over the keys hopefully by this weekend to park operations still and then any soft openings are possible after that. But more along the lines of probable on May 21st well at least I hope :lol:

Something that really hasn't been discussed yet is the queue. I know it will feature the large Cheetah Rock, but what else will it look like? Does anyone know if it is walled up? Or is it just the same open pathway as before?

UPDATE: The Cheetah Hunt sign is being installed!

http://lockerz.com/s/100791411

Last edited:
Something that really hasn't been discussed yet is the queue. I know it will feature the large Cheetah Rock, but what else will it look like? Does anyone know if it is walled up? Or is it just the same open pathway as before?

It's probably going to be slightly themed but with no storyline told in the queue like the rest of BGT's coasters.

I had the opportunity to walk the queue. Once you pass between the cheetah driftwood statues three seperate queues will ascend up a ramp walkway. To the far right will be the Skyride queue that will break off to the right. In the center quick queue, and to the left stand bye. Both of which will ascend the ramps up and to the left walking around the giant cheetah statue. Once at the top of the station the two queues split and stand bye breaks left into a series of switch backs while QQ breaks right into loading platform 1. The inside of the station will feature very little theming most of which has been seen in pictures. The basic look will feature the same rock work seen outside the structure with tile work shown on all the pillars. Most of the rock work will feature animal outlines carved into them.

Fun fact: The floor is made of a layer of concrete, then a thick layer of styrofoam, then another layer of concrete .

:thumbs:

Last edited: