Star Tours 3D | Page 32 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Tours 3D

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
No problem guys! :thumbs: I wanted to get pictures but I am not as sneeky as rotcav. :lol: The ride is very smooth. They ironed out the kinks from before. The ride is definitely more enjoyable. I didn't feel any jerkiness.

Very smooth... They've ironed out the jerkiness of the motion simulator.

YES! I'm am SO excited about this. I have always loved Star Tours, so I hated to say it, but it wasn't aging well. Not to mention, my grandmother has always been a fan, but jerky rides are horrible for her back, so now she can ride again without drilling her feet into the ground in an attempt to stabilize herself :lol:

YES! I'm am SO excited about this. I have always loved Star Tours, so I hated to say it, but it wasn't aging well. Not to mention, my grandmother has always been a fan, but jerky rides are horrible for her back, so now she can ride again without drilling her feet into the ground in an attempt to stabilize herself :lol:

The force hasn't been strong with this one in years. :lol: But even though this needed an update years and years ago (I'm talking.. 10), I think the technology might have finally been right to do it the best way possible.

June 3rd come faster! Star Tours has always been a favorite of mine up until its final days and I am extremely excited to hear all of the positive things about it. Hope anyone else who tries to make into soft gets in.

Well, I've rode it 11 times now, seem all 3 holograms (Leia, Yoda and Akbar) been to all the planets and seen the variable intro sequences and finales. All I can say is, rotcav has a new favorite ride at WDW.

Holy cow, OU used me write up and pictures! That's like, SuperStar Status man! Does this mean I get a special badge or something, teehee. J/K... Thanks to all at Orlando United for thinking of me, using my words and images. It really means a lot to me...

Well my friends, I do have to say that the ride was amazing!
Got to ride it 6 times today with, of course, multiple combinations. I absolutely love the fact that each time you ride it's a different sequence of events. It's something to look forward to before each ride. I love how everything went down smoothly at soft openings today. Seemed to me like it was a successful 2 days.
Thanks to my hubby rotcav for turning me into a Star Tours fan girl today :)

Hey Rotcav- Could u tell us hoe Leia looks... was she CGI or sumthin cuz I know they couldn't use Carrie Fisher for it...she's way too old by now.

It's interesting you should ask, they've used the actual Carrie Fisher from the old movies, and it's the "Help me Obi Wan, You're my only hope speech." Only they've changed the voice over, and added "Help Me Star Tours, You're our only hope." It's pretty rad. But yes, it's the Carrie Fisher Hologram from the original movies, but redone in stunning digital 3D.

it's interesting you should ask, they've used the actual carrie fisher from the old movies, and it's the "help me obi wan, you're my only hope speech." only they've changed the voice over, and added "help me star tours, you're our only hope." it's pretty rad. But yes, it's the carrie fisher hologram from the original movies, but redone in stunning digital 3d.

dead.

It's interesting you should ask, they've used the actual Carrie Fisher from the old movies, and it's the "Help me Obi Wan, You're my only hope speech." Only they've changed the voice over, and added "Help Me Star Tours, You're our only hope." It's pretty rad. But yes, it's the Carrie Fisher Hologram from the original movies, but redone in stunning digital 3D.

So she appears " inside the starspeeder" kind of thing? :stunned:

Yes. Right after your first destination you will stop in space and one of three holograms will appear: Yoda, Admiral Ackbar, or Princess Leia. The holograms appear on the center of the screen and they look amazing. Thanks BriMan and the staff for using my review! Like rotcav said, that's superstar status! :lol: BTW rotcav, you can request the Reporter badge.

EDIT: According to Star Tours Live, the ride is open again today for softs. Current wait time is 40 minutes and fastpass return time is 3:35 PM

Last edited: