Spider-Man getting HD Upgrading | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Spider-Man getting HD Upgrading

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Thats funny...It says my theater at college is equipped with this....but every time I go to see a 3-D film I get those damned Plastic glasses...what up with that?

Well what kind of return system does Star Tours 3D have? I'm sure it might be a little similar. Granted, these will be more fragile. But they are both very expensive,

BTW, there are several theaters in the area using this 3D tech already. Plaza Cinema Cafe in Orlando. Someone get their butt over there and let us know what it looks like on a 3D film.

Zoom in and take a look.
http://www.dolby.com/consumer/product/movies/theater/find-a-cinema.html

This theater is right across the street from where I work. The 3D there is amazing! that theater is amazing, because they serve you food and booze, and the chairs are giant leather recliners. They also play Monday Night Football there in the fall.

I love it.

This theater is right across the street from where I work. The 3D there is amazing! that theater is amazing, because they serve you food and booze, and the chairs are giant leather recliners. They also play Monday Night Football there in the fall.

I love it.

Oh you gotta be kidding me. :stunned:

While Scream may not be prominent in Spiderman anymore (I don't know. I've read maybe 3 comics in my lifetime.), she was the most memorable part - besides the fall - in my opinion. Jumping on the Scoop was so realistic and her 3D was the most intense I have ever seen in my entire life. That, paired with her grotesque features and wild animal tendencies, actually scared me so much that I jumped and had to take of my glasses. And I wasn't sitting in the middle. I wasn't even in the front row, for that matter. Scream must stay. I can't imagine Venom being as thrilling, not even the giant, steroid-infused monster version.

First of all, I am psyched for this! Parents said we might go back for a day or two next year would be a great thing if this is open by summer.

Is it possible the team is going to alter the story and villains? Is it possible? Because if they happened to remove Electro, they'd have to redo that whole electrical scene. Is this more than an HD upgrade or just that?

While Scream may not be prominent in Spiderman anymore (I don't know. I've read maybe 3 comics in my lifetime.), she was the most memorable part - besides the fall - in my opinion. Jumping on the Scoop was so realistic and her 3D was the most intense I have ever seen in my entire life. That, paired with her grotesque features and wild animal tendencies, actually scared me so much that I jumped and had to take of my glasses. And I wasn't sitting in the middle. I wasn't even in the front row, for that matter. Scream must stay. I can't imagine Venom being as thrilling, not even the giant, steroid-infused monster version.

:iagree: Scream's by far the scariest part of that attraction. To lose her would be a waste.

And just imagine Scream doing that same thing, in eve sharper image quality and detail(hopefully) with that scene having the same idea.

Is it possible the team is going to alter the story and villains? Is it possible? Because if they happened to remove Electro, they'd have to redo that whole electrical scene. Is this more than an HD upgrade or just that?
I'd rather see:

Hobgodlin --> Green Goblin

Scream --> Venom

Everyone else is fine.

I disagree. She's one of the most least popular Spider-Man villains and I don't think she's even used in the comics anymore. I remember the first time I rode this ride when she came up, I thought "...is that a female Carnage? :inquisitive:" Venom is a much more popular villain and would be a much better choice

Last edited:
Also if they redid the villians they would have to reanimate or create a new queue line. Those are timeless the way they are animated and created already to fit a Comic Book Universe and it would be more costly to create queue footage to an already great set up.

I don't think having Green Goblin in place of Hobgoblin would make sense. GG and Doc Ock are both talented at being leaders, so I seriously doubt GG would cooperate with being led by Doc Ock. Chances are that he would probably try to overthrow him as leader. Venom in place of Scream hardly makes any sense as well. Venom basically just wants to have revenge on Spider-Man by ruining his life/killing him, yet at the same time, he is an anti-hero that will save innocent bystanders. There is no way Venom would want to take over the city/world.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian G.