Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 21: Your Luck Has Run Out

I have done stay and scream the last 6-7 years and have never had a chance to be alone or near alone in any house. and hello flashlight nazis, We were in a small group in The Thing we were taking are time near the end and we were told hurry up hurry up, not sure about you but that kind of takes away from my experience. Also some of the serious lighting issues in House's over the years The dracula house had serious lighting issues and did the body collectors. Also tent houses are to light to g during the daylight hours. The other small issue is the people standing in corners in HHN shirts with flashlights watching the crowd takes away from things. Then my number one Pet Peeve idiots taking pictures, no one should be taking pictures in the haunts period. They should be thrown out of the park. Yep serious pet peeve of mine. Also i forgot I was in NOES house and was waiting for the bodies to all sit up, and was told I had to keep moving I stopped waited for the bodies to pop up and told the little nazi that I PAID to see the Houses and that they weren't going to rush me.

The best bet for making it through a house alone is on a slower night and hop in line just before the park closes. We went through Psychoscareapy last year alone like this, and the cast went nuts on us. It was great. Twice they blocked the path and surrounded us. Definitely changes the dynamic of the experience --- that house was one of my least favorite last year, but that run was one of the best ever of any house.

That is one of the things I don't like about Horror Nights. We have no seasonal indie haunts thanks to it. You have to go to Jacksonville or South Florida to find indie haunts. Where I lived in North Carolina had a much better variety of indie haunts, they weren't of a high quality but they were fun and had charm.

Although, there were some good ones once you got out of tobacco field heaven.

That is one of the things I don't like about Horror Nights. We have no seasonal indie haunts thanks to it. You have to go to Jacksonville or South Florida to find indie haunts. Where I lived in North Carolina had a much better variety of indie haunts, they weren't of a high quality but they were fun and had charm.

Terror in Tallahasse was a good one also.
HHNs and HOS have great atmosphere, but just pale in comparison to those outside of Florida. The thing that makes them the power house they are - theme parks - is also what holds them back.

I think multiple Icon-hopefuls should battle to the death in an Mad Max arena-styled stage show.

Icons from past years won't be back this year most likely. We're supposed to be in a new era leaving behind the past, at least for now. We had most of the icons at HHN XX anyhow. It would be too similar.

Jake, I'd recommend you check out the indie haunt down near Casselberry. The name escapes me, but it's actually pretty neat.

Icons from past years won't be back this year most likely. We're supposed to be in a new era leaving behind the past, at least for now. We had most of the icons at HHN XX anyhow. It would be too similar.

Yeah... Actually we will not see them this year for sure...In the future? Maybe, but they will not play a major role (Like the smaller icons).

We can only hope :pray:

Its possible, or maybe just the teaser site with the dates.

Anything new come out on the permits?

Its possible, or maybe just the teaser site with the dates.

Anything new come out on the permits?

I have been trolling them. Nothing yet. They haven't updated them saddly. :(

Update: Just checked them... and nothing. :doh:

Last edited: