Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

Happy Anniversary to one of my favorite theme park sections in the world! Thanks for the great trips! :thumbs:

Wow, it's really the one year anniversary? Wow, it seems like just yesterday that I watched the opening ceremony online, watched the lines grow, etc. Happy birthday WWoHP! You've given me a bunch of great memories!

Those weren't just free cupcakes. Those were free cauldron cakes! Nice, Universal..

Free Cauldron Cakes? Man I am not much for deserts but I LOVE those cauldron cakes. UGH! That would be like the one free snack thing I would of been near if I was going to be in the area.

Just got a little emotional and welled up.

I've had so many memories with you guys leading up to the opening, the live opening with John Williams orchestrating, the ridiculous amount of people, the line that went halfway around the park for Forbidden Journey, and finally...my trip that started on June 25th. Can't think or discuss it without getting emotional. Hopefully I can make it out to Orlando within the next couple years.

Happy 1st Anniversary Wizarding World, I will never EVER forget my first vacation witnessing it. And I'll never forget the first sight of the arch and walking into the area...I literally had goosebumps. Goosebumps that I hadn't felt before and goosebumps that will be very hard to be achieved again.

This is a bit off topic, but I thought that this would be worth sharing...

Check out this video of the new Windseeker ride that recently opened at Cedar Point: http://www.screamscape.com/html/cedar_point.htm

Seems like... fun. But did anyone notice the music that was playing? At first, I thought it was just added to the video afterwards, but then I noticed that the music goes away when the ride ascends the tower and comes back when the ride comes down. With the only exisiting HP theme park attraction being located at UO, and the UO parks and Cedar Fair parks having no affiliation that I am aware of, wouldn't this create some kind of problem?

This is a bit off topic, but I thought that this would be worth sharing...

Check out this video of the new Windseeker ride that recently opened at Cedar Point: http://www.screamscape.com/html/cedar_point.htm

Seems like... fun. But did anyone notice the music that was playing? At first, I thought it was just added to the video afterwards, but then I noticed that the music goes away when the ride ascends the tower and comes back when the ride comes down. With the only exisiting HP theme park attraction being located at UO, and the UO parks and Cedar Fair parks having no affiliation that I am aware of, wouldn't this create some kind of problem?

Might be used with permission. Didn't Disney have this same track playing in MGM for a while?

Windseeker

Speaking of which, this ride scares the living daylights out of me. Not because of the height, but the fact that the seats swing freely. I reader commented on screamscape that she badly bruised her knee from a collision with the seat in front of her. Yikes.

As for the music, I imagine they got the okay for it. It's just a song. There's nothing that mentions HP anywhere.

Arrived in TWWOHP today at 8:45 and we litterally walked on FJ. Everywhere around the area and the park was nearly deserted?! Even when i was coming out of the park at: 4:30 it was a 30 min wait. Does anyone know why it was so quiet today? Is that normal for this time of year??