The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 770 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Unviersal being sued. From TMZ

Evil forces are at work at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando, Florida ... all because the gift shop is selling merchandise which contains a STOLEN FONT ... this according to a new lawsuit.

The company behind the lawsuit is P22 Type Foundry -- which claims they own the copyright to the Cezanne Regular font (seen above) ... which, apparently, is a very wizardy-looking typeface.

According to the lawsuit, filed Tuesday in federal court in NY, P22 claims the font was splashed all over Potter t-shirts, hats, pins bags and more -- but no one associated with the merchandise ever got permission to use the font for commercial purposes.

Now, P22 is going after NBCUniversal -- the company that owns the theme park --as well as the merchandise manufacturers ... demanding at least $1.5 MILLION in damages.

This font action is silly ambulance chasing. You have to purchase a font to have the use of it and once you do that you have the rights to continue using that font in any manner that you please. All that Universal has to show is that they purchased the font for $19.95.

This font action is silly ambulance chasing. You have to purchase a font to have the use of it and once you do that you have the rights to continue using that font in any manner that you please. All that Universal has to show is that they purchased the font for $19.95.
Silly lawsuits are silly. A dispute over $20. Shenanigans.

yeah that lawsuit seems COMPLETELY rational...
"Give me $20!"
"Oops, I forgot..."
"That's okay, just give me $1,500,000 and we'll call it even."

Huh???:inquisitive:

Okay, so everyone in the Deathly 2 thread talked about how they got into Potter because of the WWOHP. So, if I wanted to appreciate Phase 1 completely, what do I most importantly need to read and watch? And in terms of Phase 2, what do I need to research to understand what the heck is going on :lol:

Okay, so everyone in the Deathly 2 thread talked about how they got into Potter because of the WWOHP. So, if I wanted to appreciate Phase 1 completely, what do I most importantly need to read and watch? And in terms of Phase 2, what do I need to research to understand what the heck is going on :lol:

Watch movies 1-4 and if you can't watch all of them then 3 and 4 specifically.

Indeed. The island really takes place dead center of the series. Most references are to 3 and 4. As said watch 1-4 to appreciate everything they put into The Wizarding World.

A list of which book many of the deatils of the WWoHP are from:

Socerer's Stone: Ollivander's, Hogwarts deatils, Quidditch, Mirror of Erised
Chamber of Secrets: the Chamber, basilisk, acromantulas, Moaning Myrtle, house elves, mandrakes, statue of Hogwarts architect, griffon entrance to Dumbledore's office
Prisoner of Azkaban: Most of the Hogsmeade shops, butterbeer, dementors, Buckbeak the hippogriff, Sirius Black wanted poster, Monster Book of Monsters, one-eyed witch statue
Goblet of Fire: all of Dragon Challenge, the penseive, stained glass witch
Order of the Phoenix: The Quibbler, Hog's Head
Half-Blood Prince: interior of Three Broomsticks, winged boars, tapestry of the unicorn
Deathly Hallows Part 1: nada
Part 2:
statue of Hogwarts's first headmaster

Feel free to add more.

A list of which book many of the deatils of the WWoHP are from:

Feel free to add more.
Sorcerer's Stone: The Sorcerer's Stone, Sorting Hat, Chocolate Frogs, Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans, Invisibility Cloak, The Hogwarts Express, Hogsmeade Station, Nimbus 2000 Broom, Chess Pieces Fight
Chamber of Secrets: The Sword Of Godric Gryffindor, Pumpkin Juice, Gilderoy Lockhart Books, Whomping Willow, Nimbus 2001 Broom, The "Howler" Letter, Strawberry-and-Peanut-Butter Ice Cream, The (Crashed) Flying Ford Anglia
Prisoner of Azkaban: The Marauder's Map, Time Turner, Frog Choir, Firebolt Broom
Goblet of Fire: The Owlery, Beauxbatons and Durmstrang School Performances, Hermione's Yule Ball Dress, The Quick Quotes Quill
Order of the Phoenix: Ministry of Magic References, Order of the Phoenix References, Dumbledor's Army References
Half-Blood Prince: The Astronomy Tower, Pygmy Puffs, (Items at Zonkos are similar to merchandise at Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes)
Deathly Hallows Part 1: Slytherin Locket, The Elder Wand
Deathly Hallows Part 2: ???

Last edited:
Posted about the rumours of a reboot to the series. Say this is successful and is more critically acclaimed then the original series, do you think they would change the FJ ride eventually? I personally don't think they would, but I suppose they could refurb it if it ever happens.