Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem (USF)

They didn't like the source material, I'm guessing. I loved the tv series, especially Carl's obsession with llamas lol.

^^This, I never watched any Nick Toons apart from Rugrats when I was a kid, most of them came out when I was older. I do love Spongebob though. Its just not that great source material IMO. I dislike the Jimmy Neutron character and find it annoying.

I loved Jimmy, Rugrats, Spongebob and the like, but the ride does not capture the feel of the cartoons to me, it's basically watching a movie in an uncomfortable seat, and it jerks around and bounces so much that I was in pain the rest of the day.

Thanks for the comments, everyone. (Even though I obviously agree to disagree)

The only thing I will comment about is that I personally never really saw the ride as being mainly about Jimmy Neutron. I always saw the attraction as being a celebration of Nicktoons altogether, with Neutron being our host.

Starting to feel bad for not going on this ride during my 2010 trip.

My last ride was in June of 2008. Going to miss you Jimmy Neutron, you brought a few nice childhood memories to me in 2003. And with this, marks the end of Nickelodeon in the park, R.I.P.

Just finished watching this movie. Enjoyed it, definitely could make a good ride. Is it safe to say this should be open by next June?

Just finished watching this movie. Enjoyed it, definitely could make a good ride. Is it safe to say this should be open by next June?

According to ComingSoon, "Despicable Me 2" is scheduled for release on July 3, 2013. Like other Uni attractions built in time for a movie release, IE: Forbidden Journey (DH Part 1 & 2), Simpsons (Simpson's Movie), etc., The Despicable Me will most definitely be ready in time for the sequel, or in this case a year ahead of time.

Last edited:
Walked around the resort today and the Minions are a hit. I noticed this the last time I was there but though maybe it was a fluke but after today I think its pretty safe to say the Minions are popular. Saw numerous kids of all ages in line today getting a stuffed minion as well as a minion in every mass crowd throughout the Studios.

Walked around the resort today and the Minions are a hit. I noticed this the last time I was there but though maybe it was a fluke but after today I think its pretty safe to say the Minions are popular. Saw numerous kids of all ages in line today getting a stuffed minion as well as a minion in every mass crowd throughout the Studios.

Perhaps it's because they look like animated Twinkies or that they are hilarious comic relief. Probably safe to say they're a pop culture phenomenon of 2010 that will be remembered for years to come. Hell, even my 26 year old sister is planning on dressing up as a minion for Halloween.

I think it's supposed to open Spring 2012, so unless Uni pulls another WWoHP (Really, TWO DAYS before spring ends??) or HRRR (I don't even need to comment) it should be open by next June.

Jimmy was one of my favorite Nick characters, but like many others have said, the ride was just not fun for me. I never liked how it was basically a copy of the previous attraction, but overlaid with Nicktoons. And I despised the Chicken Dance, very uncomfortable. Overall, I found the ride too rough and not really up to par with other simulators.

Thanks to OU, I found out that Jimmy Neutron's last day is the 17th, so I fit in a quick trip to Universal today so I could ride it one last time. The wait time was posted as 20 minutes, but it was more like 10.

I always saw the attraction as being a celebration of Nicktoons altogether, with Neutron being our host.

Good point! I hadn't been on it in a long time, so I didn't really remember it, but it was great to see the Rugrats on there (one of my childhood favorites)! And I almost thought I heard the guests get excited during the SpongeBob part.

I saw someone carrying a minion today! :)

Minions are definitely popular. They are prizes in the games at Amity and probably in Lost Continent/Toon Lagoon as well. The minions always go faster than the other prizes.

I never liked how it was basically a copy of the previous attraction, but overlaid with Nicktoons.

See, that never actually bothered me. I honestly thought this ride was a "fix" for the previous attraction, rather than a replacement altogether, as I felt it improved on several of the things that I disliked about the previous attraction, and I just think the Nicktoons were much better suited for that ride system than Hanna-Barbera, as the thrill captured the feel of a Nicktoon. Plus, I personally thought that there were enough differences from the two to distinguish themselves. But to each of his own.

Anyway, lets move on from that topic.

I was just thinking about something recently. What do you all think they will rename the "Nickelodeon Way" road to? It was the pathway to Nickelodeon Studios that remained after its closure, but with Nicktoon Blast going, there is a 99% chance it will be renamed.

Last edited:
I was just thinking about something recently. What do you all think they will rename the "Nickelodeon Way" road to? It was the pathway to Nickelodeon Studios that remained after its closure, but with Neutron going, there is a 99% chance it will be renamed.

Just a guess, but I bet the name stays. Maybe as an homage.

It will probably change but it could easily stay without a single reference to the channel because the term itself goes back a long ways with the movie business and displays for a Nickel

Here is what the post show area looks like at Jimmy Neutron as of today

100_2850.jpg

100_2851.jpg

100_2852.jpg

100_2853.jpg

and as stated before, the store just has SpongeBob and Dora merchandise

100_2854.jpg

100_2855.jpg