Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

How Long Do You Spend in Animal Kingdom?

How long do you spend in Animal Kingdom?

• Less than 3 hours.

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • 3 to 6 hours.

Votes: 18 37.5%
  • 6 to 9 hours.

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • 9 to 12 hours.

Votes: 6 12.5%

• Total voters
It's rarely seen at night (yes, it's because of the animals' sleeping schedules). DAK is AZA (American Zoo Association) certified, and would easily lose the certification if they did anything but private parties in Dinoland at night (which are FUN to work) :lol:

Also, I saw someone mention EMH at DAK. The only EMH that DAK does are in the morning from 8-9 on select days. They don't do EMH at night for reasons stated above. As much as I'd like to see a nighttime spectacular like World of Color at DAK, it's just impossible.

OOOOOH, what do you do at DAK??

It's rarely seen at night (yes, it's because of the animals' sleeping schedules). DAK is AZA (American Zoo Association) certified, and would easily lose the certification if they did anything but private parties in Dinoland at night (which are FUN to work) :lol:

Also, I saw someone mention EMH at DAK. The only EMH that DAK does are in the morning from 8-9 on select days. They don't do EMH at night for reasons stated above. As much as I'd like to see a nighttime spectacular like World of Color at DAK, it's just impossible.

They've done night EMH at DAK in the past.

Also, I saw someone mention EMH at DAK. The only EMH that DAK does are in the morning from 8-9 on select days. They don't do EMH at night for reasons stated above.

They did EMH at night at DAK for years. I was at quite a few of them. Animals sleep schedules have nothing to do with that being cut.

People leave the park at night because there's barely anything to do when the animals aren't awake(let's be real, there's barely anything to do when they are!), and they lose money in the hours it's open at night. Hence, no DAK at night.

Last edited:
They did EMH at night at DAK for years. I was at quite a few of them. Animals sleep schedules have nothing to do with that being cut.

People leave the park at night because there's barely anything to do when the animals aren't awake(let's be real, there's barely anything to do when they are!), and they lose money in the hours it's open at night. Hence, no DAK at night.

They cut it because of the animals, ask the handlers. The night time EMHs were not that frequent, at least not in the past six years. And barely anything to do? I think you're delusional.

Most of the animals are nowhere near the lake area. I don't understand how some fountains would bother any of them. :shrug:

There's not a lot of viewing room for a fountain show in park, unless they rework the huge lake in Asia. However, that is near the Monkey habitat so I doubt it'll happen.

OOOOOH, what do you do at DAK??

I work operations on Dinosaur (most technologically advanced ride at WDW) :thumbs:

They did but they recently changed it to mornings. According to the WDW calendar, the park will be open to 7:00 during the holidays.

The park is usually open until 7:00 during peak seasons anyway. Going to DAK during the holidays will allow you to get some good night pictures/maybe a night ride on Everest or Primeval Whirl.

I think it would be more of a problem of loud guests and nighttime entertainment.

Depending on the form of entertainment, yes. Fountains wouldn't do much, but fireworks are too loud. Guests are also a factor.

There's not a lot of viewing room for a fountain show in park, unless they rework the huge lake in Asia. However, that is near the Monkey habitat so I doubt it'll happen.

Exactly. The Tree of Life would block any view of a main lake for a nighttime spectacular. The only way a nighttime show would ever come to DAK is if it was in the form of a stage show like Fantasmic, built over towards Camp Minnie-Mickey (away from the majority of the animals).

Ive spent a decent amount of time there on a few occasions, usually from rope drop up until 2-3pm. I really wish they would add more to this park and extend hours cause this park really is beautiful at night and Everest is great at night as well

Ive spent a decent amount of time there on a few occasions, usually from rope drop up until 2-3pm. I really wish they would add more to this park and extend hours cause this park really is beautiful at night and Everest is great at night as well

I've never seen the park at night. Everytime I've been it's closed at 6 or 7 pm

I've never seen the park at night. Everytime I've been it's closed at 6 or 7 pm

Last May was my first time being in AK at night and it was only because I ran the Everest Challenge. It was a great event and recommend it for any of you runners out there. The best part was because I was in the first wave I finished way before the masses so right after I crossed the finish line (which was at the entrance to EE) I literally went right into the line and rode the front row and just about had the whole train to myself. That was sort of my motivation, the quicker I finish the bigger jump I have on the crowds at the after party :lol:

Last May was my first time being in AK at night and it was only because I ran the Everest Challenge. It was a great event and recommend it for any of you runners out there. The best part was because I was in the first wave I finished way before the masses so right after I crossed the finish line (which was at the entrance to EE) I literally went right into the line and rode the front row and just about had the whole train to myself. That was sort of my motivation, the quicker I finish the bigger jump I have on the crowds at the after party :lol:

Ohhh you went during summer hours? I always try to avoid summer crowds but I really want to see it at night. I read about the running challenge last year and it looks like something I want to try out.

how did you ever stay til two or three in Magic Kingdom though? Did you stay for the parade, all the attractions and shows?

I could spend most of my day there. I really like the Kilimanjaro, Dinosaur, Everest, FOLK, and the jungle treks take up a good amount of time. And Flame Tree BBQ is amazing.