Halloween Horror Nights 22 Discussion | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 22 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yes but what is off limits is Seuss which is part of the entrance area When they do the 2 parks. Also the only area they can really do a house is the warehouse and to walk from USF to IOA and the warehouse is a long long walk. IOA had no real areas to do the haunts I did HHN the years it was at IOA and they where some of the worst houses of all times because of them doing them in ride ques. Well maybe they can do Jungle of Doom 2 and Fear factor returns. Well I guess they could do another house where body collectors and Psychoscarpy where located but they would have to charge you 10 dollars to walk through WWOHP area.

I really can't understand the complaining when people say that the walk from IOA to USF is "too long" when it's shorter than the walk from the beginning of Jurassic Park to WWoHP. I have made that walk many many times and find it no different than queuing for any other house- the walk is long no matter what. Even though the Jaws queue might not be in use I really don't think that is a major factor on whether it moves to IOA or not since it's one house location. Look on the bright side we might even get another soundstage house out of this.

For all complaints regarding the possibility of having to walk long distances between the parks and soundstages, I would like to point something out: walking is good for you. That is all. :thumbs:

I would much rather have a great Marvel Warehouse haunt then have to look at that dead weight because of the Jaws queue.

2:08 and on.
[video=youtube;g40MQSsoS9g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g40MQSsoS9g[/video]

[video=youtube;Y5BHbCk6_Jc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5BHbCk6_Jc[/video]

Last edited:
For all complaints regarding the possibility of having to walk long distances between the parks and soundstages, I would like to point something out: walking is good for you. That is all. :thumbs:

It isn't about walking itself, it's about wanting the most out the expensive ticket you just purchased. Fighting your way through a funnel of drunks on the way out of USF straight into IOA's HHN deadzones just seems a fat waste of time. I'd rather the event be remain tight and practical.

It isn't about walking itself, it's about wanting the most out the expensive ticket you just purchased. Fighting your way through a funnel of drunks on the way out of USF straight into IOA's HHN deadzones just seems a fat waste of time. I'd rather the event be remain tight and practical.
Exactly. it takes too long to get there with nothing happening inbetween.
Some may say it's no big deal but if you want to do the SS houses a couple of times it becomes a chore to go back. Add to that that most, or at least a lot of, people have been walking, standing, and waiting all day already.

As I said: I have done it and to me it was poor expirence and took away from my HHNs enjoyment. If it does happen I hope they figure out a good way to use the transition and I am proven wrong and it works out.

This doesn't solve the time issue, but would having two separate themes make the distance slightly more acceptable?

I don't know the history of HHN. Maybe they already tried this and it was awful. :shrug:

The big issue is the tiem to get from one to the other it is a really long walk from soundstage house a to warehouse b at IOA. I did HHN 14 and I promise it was more walking then most people want to do. Also there are huge dead areas Massive areas of nothing Remember people whine about nothing up front this year and the long walk from jaws to the first scare zone (skull or New york) ok double that length or more. UNless HHN pulls a play out of the HOS playbook and puts scarectors all along those walkways. The zones at 14 where the Frightyard and the big corn patch thing They worked but they where not enough to tie the two parks together.

Couldn't all of this "dead" space between walks be solved by moving the temp tents? I mean there is space guys and you act like Universal doesn't try to fix things that don't work or are not guest friendly. I'm just saying it might be to early to b****.

Couldn't all of this "dead" space between walks be solved by moving the temp tents? I mean there is space guys and you act like Universal doesn't try to fix things that don't work or are not guest friendly. I'm just saying it might be to early to b****.

I agree.

Considering 2004 was in the "dark days" of the resort, I don't think it'd be fair to say it'd be the same problems with another try.

The big issue is the tiem to get from one to the other it is a really long walk from soundstage house a to warehouse b at IOA. I did HHN 14 and I promise it was more walking then most people want to do. Also there are huge dead areas Massive areas of nothing Remember people whine about nothing up front this year and the long walk from jaws to the first scare zone (skull or New york) ok double that length or more. UNless HHN pulls a play out of the HOS playbook and puts scarectors all along those walkways. The zones at 14 where the Frightyard and the big corn patch thing They worked but they where not enough to tie the two parks together.

We know for a fact Jaws is going away and when they started to demolish the old Hard Rock cafe we also got word that the tents (and probably the parade building) are going away too. It's very possible that XXII will be using just the sound stages in the Studios and then use some of IoA. In that case you won't be walking all the way to Jaws and the tents, so your walk just got shorter right there.

I have a feeling that the dual park format will be necessary for the next couple of years, especially with construction going on behind the KidZone and JAWS being plowed under. Roll with the punches, they've done it before, I'm sure they can do it again, but this time having learned from the past mistakes.

It is never to early to B---- :)

And until I see that trek better than what it was I have no reason to beleive they will change, hope I'm wrong.
And if they do move the tents over there they might as well just do it at IOA and open RR&R.

The early horror stories of the Marvel warehouse was that it did not have any A/C, that was subsequently fixed in the next years it was used.