Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I can't wait to get out there this weekend. I want to check out Richter Burger as I will be on the look out for projector housings.

Yeah I know, its been walled off since HHN when the barges went under knife.

scaffolding? they look like stage lighting truss to me so something with lots of lights

I meant trusses... but always say scaffolding (I'm used to film techniques rather than stage, much like I always say "Leeko rather than ERS")

I'm not sure they would hang lighting from them... I wont be surprised to see lights on the barges, but not hanging them from trusses...

Why oh why does Uni keep trying to make that entire curved pond work for a night show or ANY show??? They should choose one end or the other and not spread it out over the curve. If I were in a position to make a choice, I would demolish Central Park (which I love) and turn the pond into an oval so that you only need to do one bigger thing for everyone.

Why oh why does Uni keep trying to make that entire curved pond work for a night show or ANY show??? They should choose one end or the other and not spread it out over the curve. If I were in a position to make a choice, I would demolish Central Park (which I love) and turn the pond into an oval so that you only need to do one bigger thing for everyone.

Did you ever see Dynamite Night Stunt Spectacular? Seemed to work fine with the curved pond.

More photos from today.. yes please

IMG_1649.jpg

IMG_1650.jpg

IMG_1651.jpg

IMG_1652.jpg

IMG_1653.jpg

IMG_1654.jpg

IMG_1655.jpg

IMG_1656.jpg

IMG_1657.jpg

IMG_1658.jpg

IMG_1659.jpg

IMG_1662.jpg

IMG_1663.jpg

IMG_1664.jpg

IMG_1665.jpg

^^^^ Same projectors as before so far

IMG_1666.jpg

IMG_1667.jpg

IMG_1668.jpg

IMG_1669.jpg

IMG_1674.jpg

IMG_1675.jpg

IMG_1676.jpg

IMG_1680.jpg

Reactions: Felipe
More photos from today.. yes please

IMG_1653.jpg

IMG_1666.jpg

Just looked up this "Aquatique Show" and they're a French WATER SHOWS COMPANY. :dance:

Company website: http://www.aquatic-show.com/site/Home-26.html

Here's an overview at shows INVOLVING WATER FOUNTAINS, JETS, SCREENS, PROJECTORS, MUSIC, ETC. (obvious reference to DCA's World of Color *wink wink*)

[video=youtube;AZKDMy76grs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZKDMy76grs[/video]

Whad'ya guys think? Is Uni taking a west coast attraction and adapting to suit their needs? Or will these even be fountains of some kind for a show at all?

Reactions: Felipe and bobwadd
This has the potential to be pretty cool. The only question I would have is how will they make it to work around the entire lagoon? Or will there only be one viewing location?

That video left me in awe. If Universal can do a fraction of that in their lagoon, we're in for a major treat. But only Universal would get to work in plain sight and not announce anything..

I can definitely see them adapting this to Universal movies, and having "Blue Men" on the water drumming like in the video would be spectacular as well.

Looks awsome...I'm guessing that the truss will be part of a projection waterfall screen like in the video...maybe multiple screens all over the lagoon with some fire jets and fountains everywhere (sounds firmiliar)...

Status
Not open for further replies.