Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What Does IOA Need?

What Does IOA Need?

• IOA is amazing! They don't need to change anything!

Votes: 16 13.8%
  • IOA is fun the way it is,I wouldn't mind if tweaked it.

Votes: 74 63.8%
  • IOA definitely needs to change. But I still love it.

Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Meh.

Votes: 3 2.6%

• Total voters
I'm still sticking with my pitch of a "Calvin and Hobbes" darkride/minicoaster with a wagon or sled skin on the vehicle. Put it where ToonLagoon Theater is, it would fit in beautifully.

OOR, in the same space, make a ride for The Adventures of TinTin. Still themed to ToonLagoon and with a Spielberg tag on it.

Like the idea, but give me a Rocky and Bullwinkle ride instead :thumbs:

It sucks Universal can't add anything new to Marvel Super Hero Island with Disney now owning Marvel. An Iron Man flying coaster would be a nice addition.

I still like the Grinch family coaster idea. Seuss Landing needs something fresh. A well-themed, indoor/outdoor mouse coaster down Mount Crumpet would be fun.

Also, anything that ISN'T related to Harry Potter would be cool too!

A Tintin ride would be incredible.

And Bill Watterson is VERY protective of the rights for Calvin & Hobbes, so I wouldn't hold my breath for any theme park presence.

Tintin... Tommy likey. Tommy want wingy!

Seriously though, how's about a crazy as all get out, Spielberg supervised motorcycle and sidecar adventure! I know Toon Lagoon is supposed to be water-based... but then again, LC was supposed to have three sections.

Last edited:
I think JP really needs a new ride, but what can you do with such little space? A grinch roller coaster is also a great idea, but you can't have the guests peaking backstage so the theming might cost an incredible amount of money. A Rocky and Bullwinkle ride would be great, but wouldn't it feel out of place in an area based on water rides? Out of all these problems, JP is in the most need for a new ride, but I think Mount Crumpet is more logical.

I'd say extend Potter to remaining LC, repaint the Hulk, add dinos and tweek JPRA or just replace with a dark jeep ride. Don't think they can do anything at MSHI since Disney owns Marvel, unless they own the "movie" rights as Universal, the comics.

For this to happen...... :drool5:

Potter+Mtn+stadium.PNG

If they could do this and incorparate that dragon that Disney is using for Avatarland for that Stadium that would be AMAZING even though fire dragon would be removed and thats my favorite one!!!

IOA needs,

1.The Grinch
2.A major show in Toon Lagoon
3.Family attraction in JP
4.A massive renovation to the Cat in the Hat
5.Night show, something along the lines of Fantasmic.

What???????

A few weeks ago there was a post made in the wasteland that is the Avatarland thread. It was an article that incorrectly claimed a flying contraption tested by Disney was for Avatar.

g3202580000000000006ad40bfa5916c058696fbb0e6450d7a20a78ac05.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

IOA needs,

1.The Grinch
2.A major show in Toon Lagoon
3.Family attraction in JP
4.A massive renovation to the Cat in the Hat
5.Night show, something along the lines of Fantasmic.

Totally agree with all yours. But I'd order them in terms of need right now: 4, 3, 5, 1, 2.

Princess meet & greets every 50 feet or a boy wizard and book series. Did the OP mean what does IOA need to be successful or just what does it need to satisfy your personal desires?