Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

I hope the trains are friendlier to bigger folks as well. I have a friend that hasn't made it on this or Harry Potter. :/

From Screamscape
(1/6/12) Park Rumors has uncovered an interesting new development in the form of a work permit filed by Universal Orlando to allow KumbaK into the property to perform some “Ride System Improvements”. KumbaK is not a group most American park guests are familiar with, but was formed several years ago by a group of former Vekoma employees when the company went into a bankruptcy / restructuring. For the most park KumbaK has focused their efforts on working on rides from other companies, including building new replacement wood and steel coaster train systems.
.....While I have not ridden any KumbaK creations myself, the word I’ve heard from other coaster enthusiasts more well traveled than I was less than positive about KumbaK’s own train products. Since they are known mostly for their coaster work… it would seem to be obvious that they could be called in to try and work some magic on Universal’s own problem child coaster… the Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit, which is still suffering from rough riding trains. Lets see what develops.

^ OK! My god how did people from Vekoma find work making things smooth again :lol: