Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

Please know that I believe the ride system for FJ is a tour de force of engineering... it is brilliant. That left me to wonder why the attraction becomes less and less compelling halfway through and to the end. My new review was intended to come up with solutions, however, those solutions may be unobtainable as I stated in my final paragraph. So, either the robot arm of the ride vehicle cannot move that fast or, it was determined by some 'cooks' that swift movements would be to harsh for the riders. If either of these were true then they could not point-up items in a scene quickly enough and were left painting us through the scene with no focus whatsoever.

Another possibility is that lighting proved more of a challenge on this ride then they previously envisioned with reflected light from the domes and scenes was screwing up the scene before or after. Therefore they dimmed everything to the point of nothingness, dome projections included.

One thing I do know as fact, they cut stuff for the ride, big ideas were discarded in the 12th hour. It is apparent to me, if not to you.

And just after we left he went on to also thank God, his parents (rest their souls), his friends, and, first and foremost, "you, the fans Gryffindor" as he graciously accepted his trophy.

...then he Tebowed

--- Update ---

3. Malestrom at Epccot (why when they send you over the falls do you end up with polar bears then back to trolls then down to oil rigs)

I just wanted to comment on this one...When you start the ride, they send you back in time, then the trolls send you over the falls and I *think* you're actually going forward in time, although backwards on your boat. You'll then notice the really big troll thing with one eye looks very similar to the one on the left of the 3 headed troll, so you're returning to the same place, just in the present, where they built access to the oil rigs.

Awesome new promotional trailer! :pop:

[video=youtube;OSXvwoI3c5Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSXvwoI3c5Y[/video]

Edit: So it's not completely new, but I still like how it ties a bunch of previous clips together.

Last edited:
Hmmm... is the hog's head still moving? Is the quill pen still writing? The former did not move when I was there, and the later was non-existent. Any regular visitors here take the time to stop and check the window displays?

They were both running last time I visited in November, if I recall correctly.

I was there at the beginning of December and didn't see it move. Unless it's a sporadic thing and I just missed it since I was only in there once to take a picture.

Yeah, it's sporadic as far as I can tell. I remember around the period of soft openings that someone on here said something about them being triggered by tips for the bartenders or something along those lines. I'm not sure if that turned out to be true or not though. :shrug:

Hmmm... is the hog's head still moving? Is the quill pen still writing? The former did not move when I was there, and the later was non-existent. Any regular visitors here take the time to stop and check the window displays?

During all my visits I always stop in the Hogs Head for a brew or to skip the lines for a butter beer. And of those visits I have only seen the Hogs Head not working once and to this day never seen a window display down at any time. Its without a doubt the best up keep of any attraction anywhere.

Ok, new topic. With the queue change and addition, does FJ still need the gross invasion queue dealt on JP? Or does the line still build in high numbers in the greenhouse area?

^When I went back in Spring 2011 and when my friend just went a week ago, the line for FJ was packed to the gills having both times require use of the backstage area where you see nothing but cement. Did that answer your question? :shrug:

During the X-mas rush they still had to use the extended additional queue that goes along side the show building and JP bathrooms.

^When I went back in Spring 2011 and when my friend just went a week ago, the line for FJ was packed to the gills having both times require use of the backstage area where you see nothing but cement. Did that answer your question? :shrug:

During the X-mas rush they still had to use the extended additional queue that goes along side the show building and JP bathrooms.

ARGH.... why? WHY? Just because it is the biggest franchise on earth? Just because it has the most over-the-top queue of any ride in the world?

ARGH.... why? WHY? Just because it is the biggest franchise on earth? Just because it has the most over-the-top queue of any ride in the world?

Because of the setup of the queue line now. The locker line is now for everyone except single riders without bags. The worst I saw it over the Christmas season was when the queue was not only completely extended (using those backstage areas), but the line went all the way across the bridge into JP and then all the way back to the Courtyard gates. Madness!

Because of the setup of the queue line now. The locker line is now for everyone except single riders without bags. The worst I saw it over the Christmas season was when the queue was not only completely extended (using those backstage areas), but the line went all the way across the bridge into JP and then all the way back to the Courtyard gates. Madness!

The morning after JAWS closing it was too cold to open up most attractions at IoA. (I had never seen this happen) This left FJ with a line through half of JP on a Tuesday. Was pretty crazy.