Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of those films wouldn't even be worth having in the show because you're still leaving out films like ET, Jurassic Park, Back to the Future, Psycho, Mummy, Wolfman, Beetlejuice, and others

I am just trying to identify some potential corporate synergy, not necessarily what might be the best or or fan favorites for a show.

I am just trying to identify some potential corporate synergy, not necessarily what might be the best or or fan favorites for a show.

All of those are Universal properties though.

What I think are no brainers for what we'll see:

Jaws
King Kong
Back to the Future
Jurassic Park
Mummy
ET
Suess
Despicable Me
Classic Horror/Hitchcock
And probably an ending montage of famous quotes/moments of Universal films for the finale

I'm gonna have to agree with Vyrus. While I understand what your rationale is, average guests probably won't pick up on a few of those films. You'll see a good chunk though since most of that list have iconic images.

I'm gonna have to agree with Vyrus. While I understand what your rational is, average guests probably won't pick up on a few of those films. You'll see a good chunk though since most of that list have iconic images.

Films like To Kill a Mocking Bird and Schindler's List also just have no place in a night time spectacular.

"You made out during Schindler's List?!" :lol:

Iconic images and they're just engrained in pop culture. Buck Privates, not so much.

I honestly hope to God Uni is just not repackaging Universal 360 like you guys seem to be expecting. They would've kept it the same if it was going to be the exact same thing imo... I hope it's just slightly more impressive than that... I think they are gonna do something like world of color with actors and props n things.

I honestly hope to God Uni is just not repackaging Universal 360 like you guys seem to be expecting. They would've kept it the same if it was going to be the exact same thing imo... I hope it's just slightly more impressive than that... I think they are gonna do something like world of color with actors and props n things.

Obviously they're doing a WOC-like show. But honestly, WOC and 360 were similar in approach while lightyears different in execution...so I dunno what exactly you're trying to get at.

And I don't think we'll see actors involved here.

Or could we see a show focusing on Illumination Entertainment's offerings and Universal Animation

1. Despicable Me
2. Hop
3. The Lorax
4. Curious George
5. The Tale of Despereaux

Yeap they even have the "extra" endings which are extended trailers for movies in the theaters.

Personally, most of the pop culture and critically acclaimed culture hits will be included in this, would be pretty cool if the barges have a fire effect so if they show the BTTF montage when the car goes across the screen/barge, it'll leave a trail of fire.

Just expect most of the current properties in the park to the be in this, along with classics and modern day movies. Its a much more updated 360 but with fountains, water screens, and loud pops of the water jets.

360 didn't fail because of it's conent, it failed because of the execution of the idea. There's nothing wrong with showing off the greatest and most popular moments from Universal films.

Anyone remember the old fountian show that Sea World used to have? I think it's where the pet show is now.

It's gotta be better than that, right? :lol:

To compare, World of Color is essentially a recap of Disney's best/fan-favorite movie scenes. It's just done exceptionally. Very, very exceptionally.

I actually enjoyed Universal 360, other than the fact that it was not really viewable from any angle like the concept implies. There were only certain spots along the lagoon that gave you full frame views. I got goosebumps the first time i saw it from seeing those iconic scenes from the classic Universal films. I hope they incorporate some of those moments into the new show.

Films like To Kill a Mocking Bird and Schindler's List also just have no place in a night time spectacular.

"You made out during Schindler's List?!" :lol:

I dunno. When Oskar is damning himself for not saving more people, I contemplate how many more minutes I could've devoted to making out or how many more girls I could've made out with. Makes you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.